Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2010 Adams CB1 & Adams CB2 Irons!

GolfSpy_X

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o ..........

I really dig the way these irons look! A couple questions come to mind right now though...first, is what is the price tag and second is when do they come out? Would love to give these a try when I decide to change out my irons.

Ya know, those are nice, but truth be told, I wouldn't buy them. I had a lousy experience with Adams irons. Had a set of the Pro Forged Combo's (hybrids and irons) and I hit on the range beautifully. Couldn't miss with them and they had SUCH a sweet feel to them. On man, on the range (notice I'm emphasizing RANGE), I was a touring professional.

Then, I took them to the course and never played so poorly. I didn't play well with the thin sole and hit tons of fat shots. My swing wasn't ready for them. Even shanked a few shots with them too. Went back to my X-16 Pro Series, and kept the hybrids. So it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Just won't buy Adams irons. Now, the hybrds are no joke.. but that's all for me.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

DANG IT ADAMS!!!! I was really set on the Mizzy MX300's for this year. GRRRRRR!

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

That CB1 is beautiful. Is the CB2 the GI iron?

Adams is not a brand that I used to look at at all. The speedline driver and these irons have got my attention. New new black hybrid looks great too.

Sounds like the form vs. function debate in the other thread. Since the name doesn't immediately draw me to them, the looks must.

Once I hit them, then I will know if they hit the bag.

How dod you think that the finish will wear? I heard rumors that the cool Black Pearl Cleveland irons are losing the finish in a hurry.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

There is an Adams Demo Day at my local shop in a few weeks. I wonder if any of the newer stuff will be available. I also wonder if my tax refund will be here....

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

ooops dual post

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest problem with Adams is their stuff doesn't hold its value so I'm always hesitant to pay full retail on any set initially being released because I know I will lose major bucks in the deal the next time I turn them for a new set. That's one of the reasons I like Ping so much.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I love the looks of the CB1's, that black finish is sharp. I would be willing to swing them and see if they are for me.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

My biggest problem with Adams is their stuff doesn't hold its value so I'm always hesitant to pay full retail on any set initially being released because I know I will lose major bucks in the deal the next time I turn them for a new set. That's one of the reasons I like Ping so much.

That's true....and I think it really hurts them with a big segment of golf buyers. I mean...look around the golf boards you frequent and look at how often we buy/swap clubs with each other.

But Adams makes some real good stuff....and both of those look sweet.

those pro's look so nice. been a little skeptical of playing dark irons. always thought they look a little odd and I hated seeing Vijay with his gunmetal clevelands. I will have to revisit the issue and check these out. Adam's seems to have been making great leaps recently.

I tell ya...I got no need for another set...got three now. But those, along with the Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearls are really calling to me.

If I can sell one of my back-up sets, I may just end up with one of them.

I tell ya...I got no need for another set...got three now. But those, along with the Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearls are really calling to me.

If I can sell one of my back-up sets, I may just end up with one of them.

The CG7's are nice too. I'm more a fan of the tour model though, less offset.

The CG7's are nice too. I'm more a fan of the tour model though, less offset.

That set is a tour model. There are 3 versions of the CG7: one that's got yellow color, one that's black pearl and yellow, and one that's black pearl and got a red color to it. Both sets come in the black pearl finish, but the clubheads are slightly different designs. Why they chose to call them both essentially the same is beyond me, but they did.

Of course, they also have the blade "tour" clubs.

Here's the three versions:

CG7

http://www.golfdiscount.com/system/0002/1012/cg7_irons_hero_hr_large.jpg

CG7 black pearls

Cleveland-CG7-Black-Pearl-Graphite-Shaft-(5-PW).jpg

CG7 Tour Black Pearl

31ZwOfLQDjL._AA280_.jpg

And the CG Tour version

cleveland-cg-tour-iron.jpg

That set is a tour model. There are 3 versions of the CG7: one that's got yellow color, one that's black pearl and yellow, and one that's black pearl and got a red color to it. Both sets come in the black pearl finish, but the clubheads are slightly different designs. Why they chose to call them both essentially the same is beyond me, but they did.

Oh man, I must have missed that your first post said CG7 Tour Black Pearl. My bad man. Thanks though for sorting out all of the models for me.

We had demo day on Sat, and I had a chance to test both the CB1 and CB2. The CB1 will come stock with PJX flighted shafts, while the CB2 will come with KBS Tour. Topline looks are very similar. CB2's seem to fly much higher, but that could be the shafts. I will be ordering a set of CB1's in the Very near future. Sorry Mizuno... It's all Adams irons this year.

• SPY VIP

We had demo day on Sat, and I had a chance to test both the CB1 and CB2. The CB1 will come stock with PJX flighted shafts, while the CB2 will come with KBS Tour. Topline looks are very similar. CB2's seem to fly much higher, but that could be the shafts. I will be ordering a set of CB1's in the Very near future. Sorry Mizuno... It's all Adams irons this year.

Is the CB2 something I should look at in addition to the MX200's or are these more of a players model?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Is the CB2 something I should look at in addition to the MX200's or are these more of a players model?

the 1's and 2's are so close in terms of playability, it is hard to tell a difference. I would give them a shot for sure, but that is me. I like the black finish, and am a Big fan of the Adams clubs.

Adams makes a great product and people are still a little bit hesitant to pull the trigger. The IDEA Pro Forged is a fantastic club, and the IDEA Pro Gold is very similar. (Especially now if you can find it on Clearance at a local golf store for a bit cheaper than it has been).

Having worked in a few golf stores, many folks still are really unaware of Adams as a whole. THEY MAKE A DAMN GOOD PRODUCT. Of course, they have been known for their hybrids for several years now, but their irons and ESPECIALLY drivers are gaining ground.

These new Pro Black irons have been generating some buzz for quite some time now... Hopefully they will sell better than previous Adams clubs.

Anyone else think the Pro Black Hybrid a little too tough to hit?...?...? I love the look but, ugh....

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Archived