2010 Adams CB1 & Adams CB2 Irons!

Our Sponsors

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o ..........

I really dig the way these irons look! A couple questions come to mind right now though...first, is what is the price tag and second is when do they come out? Would love to give these a try when I decide to change out my irons.

Ya know, those are nice, but truth be told, I wouldn't buy them. I had a lousy experience with Adams irons. Had a set of the Pro Forged Combo's (hybrids and irons) and I hit on the range beautifully. Couldn't miss with them and they had SUCH a sweet feel to them. On man, on the range (notice I'm emphasizing RANGE), I was a touring professional.

Then, I took them to the course and never played so poorly. I didn't play well with the thin sole and hit tons of fat shots. My swing wasn't ready for them. Even shanked a few shots with them too. Went back to my X-16 Pro Series, and kept the hybrids. So it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Just won't buy Adams irons. Now, the hybrds are no joke.. but that's all for me.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Those both look really good. Adams somewhat quietly makes some very good product. Look forward to hearing the press release on the design cues, who each is marketed to, and so on.

DANG IT ADAMS!!!! I was really set on the Mizzy MX300's for this year. GRRRRRR!

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

That CB1 is beautiful. Is the CB2 the GI iron?

Adams is not a brand that I used to look at at all. The speedline driver and these irons have got my attention. New new black hybrid looks great too.

Sounds like the form vs. function debate in the other thread. Since the name doesn't immediately draw me to them, the looks must.

Once I hit them, then I will know if they hit the bag.

How dod you think that the finish will wear? I heard rumors that the cool Black Pearl Cleveland irons are losing the finish in a hurry.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

There is an Adams Demo Day at my local shop in a few weeks. I wonder if any of the newer stuff will be available. I also wonder if my tax refund will be here....

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

ooops dual post

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest problem with Adams is their stuff doesn't hold its value so I'm always hesitant to pay full retail on any set initially being released because I know I will lose major bucks in the deal the next time I turn them for a new set. That's one of the reasons I like Ping so much.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

My biggest problem with Adams is their stuff doesn't hold its value so I'm always hesitant to pay full retail on any set initially being released because I know I will lose major bucks in the deal the next time I turn them for a new set. That's one of the reasons I like Ping so much.

That's true....and I think it really hurts them with a big segment of golf buyers. I mean...look around the golf boards you frequent and look at how often we buy/swap clubs with each other.

But Adams makes some real good stuff....and both of those look sweet.

those pro's look so nice. been a little skeptical of playing dark irons. always thought they look a little odd and I hated seeing Vijay with his gunmetal clevelands. I will have to revisit the issue and check these out. Adam's seems to have been making great leaps recently.