2010 Adams CB1 & Adams CB2 Irons!

GolfSpy_X

Sorry, I just ordered all four sets. oops

Even before the boards I would never buy without hitting.

Just a little disclaimer... I say the same thing to my customers almost daily.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   Stealth 9° Graphite Design Tour AD XC Stiff
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw Project X 6.0, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° Project X 6.0, std length 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Custom Anser/Evnroll ER1V/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so baically it is the difference between the ap1s and ap2s

Not really. AP1's are geared at the player who wants to play Titleist, and needs some help. The CB1 and CB2 irons are very close in performance and look. Putting them on the ground next to each other, it is hard to tell the difference. Not so with the AP irons.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° Project X 6.0, std length 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Custom Anser/Evnroll ER1V/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Not really. AP1's are geared at the player who wants to play Titleist, and needs some help. The CB1 and CB2 irons are very close in performance and look. Putting them on the ground next to each other, it is hard to tell the difference. Not so with the AP irons.

So what is the difference between sets then?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

So what is the difference between sets then?

CB2 has a 4 way cambered sole and progressive offset, while the CB1 does not. CB2 flies higher than CB1, and both look like players clubs, not shovels.

CB2 has a 4 way cambered sole and progressive offset, while the CB1 does not. CB2 flies higher than CB1, and both look like players clubs, not shovels.

Ok...I'll take a set of each then. That way, I can figure out just which set is right for me. :)

Ok...I'll take a set of each then. That way, I can figure out just which set is right for me. :wacko:

Best plan I've heard so far. Credit card # please?

Thanks Nick! I do like the looks of both.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

Thanks Nick! I do like the looks of both.

CB1's now on order!!!

5-PW Std length KBS Tour X soft stepped once, 2* flat, GPTVFC Grips. I hope they come soon...

CB1 makes me reconsider my PING i5. I work at a Golf Galaxy and we haven't seen these yet here in the Chicago area. Adams rep will be here this weekend.... He has some explaining to do!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I tested the CB1's with my sales rep and was very impressed, not enough to give up the blades, but they felt very solid. They really come out of the turf nicely and flight the ball very well.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I tested the CB1's with my sales rep and was very impressed, not enough to give up the blades, but they felt very solid. They really come out of the turf nicely and flight the ball very well.

noticeably higher than pro blacks though right???

Not a great deal higher, it averaged to about a degree and a half higher launch angle on each club according to the Trackman.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Not a great deal higher, it averaged to about a degree and a half higher launch angle on each club according to the Trackman.

Was this testing outside?? We have Kudu, and I found that the peak height of the flight of the CB1's was higher than the Pro Black's, not that that's all bad...

nicsherman,

What's the story on these? What's supposed to be the difference between the two? Which is more forgiving, which is the more blade-like? Yada, yada, yada.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :(

nicsherman,

What's the story on these? What's supposed to be the difference between the two? Which is more forgiving, which is the more blade-like? Yada, yada, yada.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :D

the 2's are supposed to be a bit easier to hit, but still have the "players look" to them. I found the 1's to be to my liking, with a slightly more controllable ballflight.. (like I can do that). It would be tough for the average consumer to differentiate between the 2 sets, IMO. It just seemed like the 1's were a bit more controllable.