Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Kari Lajosi putters (Australia)

Moecat

$300 AU, which is about $280 US. Shipping costs would probably bring it to over $300 US. Looks like he also does custom work, and those may be more expensive, too.

• SPY VIP

With all the work that goes into handmades and 100% CNC putters there is really no way around it if you want to be able to stay afloat in that market. Here is a breakdown example of some of the costs:

Head 100% CNC Milled - $50-70 (Not to mention tooling costs)

Shaft - $2-10

Grip - $4-25 (And usually 1000 piece minimum for your own grip

Tooling Charge Grip - $400-1500 (for name on front and cap)

Headcover - $8-$20 (Not counting set-up charges with have to be calculated in to total cost)

Shaft Labels - $1-2 (With Set-up costs)

Custom Shipping Boxes - Ranges

Staff Bags - $250-350 (Depends on which company you go with their are almost always minimums on these as well...and almost every golf company has one...might not be part of the putter but it is part of overhead

Tools - Ranges

Website Costs - Ranges

Ads - Ranges

PR - Ranges

So after you add all this up and divide it by the amount of putters in the line you can start to see how these type of putters easily will have to cost upwards of $300+

$300 AU, which is about $280 US. Shipping costs would probably bring it to over $300 US. Looks like he also does custom work, and those may be more expensive, too.

#TruthDigest

With all the work that goes into handmades and 100% CNC putters there is really no way around it if you want to be able to stay afloat in that market. Here is a breakdown example of some of the costs:

Head 100% CNC Milled - $50-70 (Not to mention tooling costs)

Shaft - $2-10

Grip - $4-25 (And usually 1000 piece minimum for your own grip

Tooling Charge Grip - $400-1500 (for name on front and cap)

Headcover - $8-$20 (Not counting set-up charges with have to be calculated in to total cost)

Shaft Labels - $1-2 (With Set-up costs)

Custom Shipping Boxes - Ranges

Staff Bags - $250-350 (Depends on which company you go with their are almost always minimums on these as well...and almost every golf company has one...might not be part of the putter but it is part of overhead

Tools - Ranges

Website Costs - Ranges

Ads - Ranges

PR - Ranges

So after you add all this up and divide it by the amount of putters in the line you can start to see how these type of putters easily will have to cost upwards of $300+

Thanks for the breakdown. Interesting to know what things cost and none of it is that much of a surprise (at least to me).

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

MGS - Good breakdown of the cost. $300 seems like a lot to many people, but when you look at the costs involved, it's hard to imagine getting one for less.

As far as Kari, I've been following his work for a while on another forum, and I think his stuff looks great and I've heard nothing but good reviews. Seems like he'll do just about anything you want in terms of custom designs, which is pretty neat.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks for the breakdown also, love to hear how things are done and the true costs. Like getting insider info on the stock market!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 1 year later...

Hello all!

My name is Roger. I represent Kari here in the states. I did a search for all things KLP and this is one of the threads that popped up. I will do an intro thread but since I am here and as an FYI, please do not hesitate to ask any and all questions relative to Lajosi putters. I will do my best to answer them in a timely fashion.

I will be starting a thread or two with pictures of Kari's latest creations just to wet some appetites :D In the mean time, please feel free to shoot me a question or two!

Archived