TaylorMade Golf - JetSpeed

Our Sponsors

Color me dubious about a product essentially closed out as fast as it's being introduced.

#yougofirst

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

That is a steal. But it is still way more than what retailers pay.

Hmm, that wasn't the impression I got. What's a retailer pay for a $300 driver then? You're saying less than $200?
Posted Image

Generic wholesale for clubs is 50%. Dick's/Golf Galaxy is probably getting a better deal than that.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Yes, large markups on drivers. It's also why they like to push every new driver on forums. It doesn't cost them much to send out a bunch of them to seed sales.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

20140305_154058.jpg20140312_165602.jpg

Added a heavier shaft to the #JETSPEED over stock......the fairway wood shaft t-69 cut down to 45.25"

15-20 yds of raw carry in the 10.5* head with rollout to boot! I hit 11/13 with 4 balls over 265.....not tour but good enough for me......i did try almost every new lefty offering out and for my game this club won out.

I've been told that 30% is the norm since posting it. However, I'm dubious of that number. 

On another note, I've heard that like the Ping Anser Driver, a lot of Jet Speeds are being returned to Taylormade due to sales vs the SLDR. I guess when you market one driver as the greatest ever, the other takes a gut punch in sales.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

A 50% margin on a club selling for $300 would mean it costs the retailer $150 to buy.  That would also be a 100% markup.  

Add to that all the co-op marketing funds, end of year rebates, fees paid for floorspace, fixed and variable costs, costs of good sold, etc - you wonder how much margin the manufacturer has to make on each club to keep the profit wheels spinning.

And maybe that explains the short shelf life of a product, and the quick introduction of a new one -- sell 'em at full price and top dollar for as along as you can, then bring in something new.

Balls and hats - that's where the real money is!  B)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looks like a Burner.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

It's just like a burner, cept about 40 yards longer.

Jetspeed is a monster guys, take advantage of the price breaks due to the SLDR, and enjoy striping it 20-30 yards further...

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Jetspeed is a monster guys, take advantage of the price breaks due to the SLDR, and enjoy striping it 20-30 yards further...

Wow, you like it that much better than the i20? I will have to take some swings with it.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I'm glad its working for you, but my '07 Burner TP is a very long club. I don't see that happening. After hitting a LOT of drivers over the last 10 years, I have yet to see any astounding advances year to year. This would definitely be a first, and considering they are already $199 and closing out as soon as they were introduced, color me dubious.

Is this another scenario where the last driver wasn't fit and this one was? Then, the yardage gains are possible from club to club. I have definitely seen that. But it generally takes the existing driver being ill-fitting in this day and age to see such gains.

"Glute Activator"

Sorry buddy but blanket statements like this don't work. Very happy yours fits you and no doubt it's a club that should be tried but consider our most wanted driver test here which reveals that the jet speed won't be the best driver for many golfers and isn't often the best choice in Taylor Made's line.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Wow, you like it that much better than the i20? I will have to take some swings with it.

Well, as the Rev states, not every club will react the same per player. However, for me and my bud, we replaced the i20, and his titleist 910. We were always within yards of each other, until I got my Jetspeed. And I was running it by him by 20 yds. So he started hitting it too, and we were back to even again.

But, both of us picked up serious yardage, yet neither of us got as much with the slider.

So, speaking for only two people, it's a serious upgrade.

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Exactly different drivers, heads shaft combos perform differently for different people. In the Same way I would get on sluggo for making a blanket statement I would think it silly not to try the Jetspeed and some other drivers also.

Heck I was recently fit, I know my swing, I went to a demo day to get fit again, had great results, still tried a couple of other drivers, went to another day, had the same results before pulling the trigger.

The best thing about and adjustable driver is you can tweak it even after the fact.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them