TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you want for Christmas?

sparnar

Not sure if it is the same in the States(although I am sure it must be), but the shops here in South Africa are pulling out all the stops for Christmas. They have been for a couple of weeks already.

Doesn't create the right atmosphere around Christmas, and this post is probably leaning towards that same vein. So while Christmas is about much, much more than just presents, it is still fun to both give, and receive presents.

I have been out of the golfing loop for a bit, and was wondering what new goodies have come out that might look good in a stocking, or even in a large box under the tree.

After having read the reviews of the Scor's, I wouldn't kick a box of their wedges out of my bed. And that Nike rain jacket that was reviewed a while back on the main site is schweet!

My question is, what golfing presents would you like for Christmas?

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

It is the same way here and given my occupation ......

I'll take a week of silence, sitting by the beach, coffee in the morning, range in the afternoon, grill in the evening, scotch and cigar afterwards.

It would be a huge bonus if I didn't have to say a word for the entire week but that's asking too much.

Oh and it's under the tree waiting for me already.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep :)

On the golf related side there really isn't to much I'm looking for, maybe some golf balls but that can usually wait until spring.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

First my wife and children to be healthy and happy and enjoy the season.  Second to get a solid week in the same state at home with my family which recently with my travel schedule has been few and far between.....and next year will prove to be even more difficult since I will be across the country for a few weeks a month.

From the golf side my wife has already started the process of having a putting green built for me in the house and should hopefully be done in the next four to six weeks :)

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I have everything I need..a beautiful son and family,,, I know I only play golf once a month now, but just watching my son grow and learn away around this world is like Christmas everyday for me

My gift would be for the rest of the world to experience the joys of being a parent,,

Well for me I've got a bag of sticks that are working, enough balls to keep me going for the next few months and a warm hat for the winter.....

But, I'd love to be able to play a little more next year - mind you given the way things are going just having my job come January would be a start.

If someone wants to buy me a pair of royal and awesome trousers and the matching flat cap, well that'd be just fine for me. Can never have enough fine loud clothing

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Me and the wife quit the present giving amongst ourselves 15 or so years ago. We don't have any kids I don't have any close living relatives and neither does she. We do however give to some needy family during the holidays. The Good Lord always sends someone our way sometimes it is someone we know and sometimes it aint. But it always works out and it gives us joy for the holidays

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Nippon Modus 3 shafts

Figuring out the entire Opti-Lock and Opti-Vibe installation

TrueLinks indoor putting green.

Get a Scratch Golf Custom wedge.  Looking for a 52* wedge that has high bounce and is designed more like a 56* head.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I just got blessed with exactly what I wanted for Christmas. A membership at my local country club with excellent Practice facilities that I can actually afford.

If I'm being jealous, A new Carry Bag, Getting my Jesus Driver shoe from Zach. I'd also take a set of Ju Ju headcovers for my fairway and Hybrids.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I have a Fujikura US Open Fuel shaft that I won - thanks Fujikura! (just unboxed it). I'd really like a new head to go in it (and the Nike Covert head would look just sooo good in it) along with a Bestgrips blue Gridiron grip! 

...it's my "welcome to America" red, white, and blue! 

I have a Fujikura US Open Fuel shaft that I won - thanks Fujikura! (just unboxed it). I'd really like a new head to go in it (and the Nike Covert head would look just sooo good in it) along with a Bestgrips blue Gridiron grip! 

...it's my "welcome to America" red, white, and blue! 

That sounds like an awesome combination. 

Me and the wife quit the present giving amongst ourselves 15 or so years ago. We don't have any kids I don't have any close living relatives and neither does she. We do however give to some needy family during the holidays. The Good Lord always sends someone our way sometimes it is someone we know and sometimes it aint. But it always works out and it gives us joy for the holidays

That's awesome Stu!  We buy our kids crap they don't need or appreciate it seems like.  We also sponsor 2-3 middle school to high school age children a year that are less fortunate.  I have no idea their home situations,  who they are, or what they look like.  But I know that when Christmas break is over and they go back to school that they will have some "name brand" stuff to wear hopefully with a smile.  Kids can be cruel and maybe these kids are spared some of that ridicule by being sponsored.  It is more rewarding than anything I get.  My wife's good friend is over the program,  it's very discreet and she does an AMAZING job. 

For me,  I would kinda like an indoor putting green for the basement.  A nice golf swing would be a pleasant surprise as well.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I would like a better job that I can start in the New Year :D

I'm with you Moe. I'd love to have a better job so that I don't have to work 2. But, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep a roof over your families head and food on the table...I'm so tired. :blink:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nippon Modus 3 shafts

Figuring out the entire Opti-Lock and Opti-Vibe installation

TrueLinks indoor putting green.

Get a Scratch Golf Custom wedge.  Looking for a 52* wedge that has high bounce and is designed more like a 56* head.

3JACK

3JACK,

If you figured out the intricacies of the Opti lock system, can you do a post on it please?

Matt

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's awesome Stu!  We buy our kids crap they don't need or appreciate it seems like.  We also sponsor 2-3 middle school to high school age children a year that are less fortunate.  I have no idea their home situations,  who they are, or what they look like.  But I know that when Christmas break is over and they go back to school that they will have some "name brand" stuff to wear hopefully with a smile.  Kids can be cruel and maybe these kids are spared some of that ridicule by being sponsored.  It is more rewarding than anything I get.  My wife's good friend is over the program,  it's very discreet and she does an AMAZING job. 

For me,  I would kinda like an indoor putting green for the basement.  A nice golf swing would be a pleasant surprise as well.

I forgot the other part Our church has a real live drive through Nativity scene and I help with it also we have 3 Christmas services on Christmas eve and I always end up running the sound for all 3 services that is the neat part of my Christmas

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived