TESTERS WANTED! ×

(OFFICIAL) The 2010 Masters Thread!

GolfSpy_X

Tiger once again could have been even lower but some of those birdies he did make they were clutch. He should have made birdies on 16,17 his pace is good but his line or what he feels the breaks are haven't apanned out. But looking at Westwood and Poulter today along with Phil this could shape up to a great finish. For tiger to even be in the hunt is an accomplishment for sure. I'd like to see any of these other players miss 5 months then have their first Tourney back be the Masters and play like this guy. No mattter all the s*** he pulled off the course he's still the best golfer in Augusta this week. No one who misses that much time would be in this posistion first event out, but Tiger has a history of winning his first event he plays every year and this one is looking pretty good for another green jacket. Only time will tell. It sure is better with him playing then not!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

What is the bet for, Nic? Did you have to give him odds to get Tiger? If not, I need friends like that.

Tiger finishes in the top 10, I win $$$, he finishes out of the top 10, I lose $$$. I like my chances.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Tiger finishes in the top 10, I win $$$, he finishes out of the top 10, I lose $$$. I like my chances.

All last year he only finished out of the top 10 about 3 or 4 times. I like your odds.

Tiger certainly has shown, once again, that he has the raw nerves and mental fortitude like none other. It really seems like he may just not give a damn about anything except that damn ball and getting it in the damn hole in as few damn strokes as possible.

The reports are that Elin is not happy that he's back to playing golf so soon.

I was sorry to hear that Couples dropped back to the field after waking up with a bad back. That's a shame because he probably could have contended if he was 100% healthy. But, that has been Freddy's problem all along...

Mickelson came within a long putt on 18 of being paired with Tiger today. How huge would that have been?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

All last year he only finished out of the top 10 about 3 or 4 times. I like your odds.

In 2009 Tiger finished out of Top 10, 2 times out of 22 events with 1 missed cut. Tiger had 9 wins, 4 -2nd's, 1-4th,

3-6th's, 1-8th , 1-9th, an 11th and a 17th. Not too shabby. The only risk was not knowing this year because of the situation surrounding the layoff. It wasn't the same as healing an injury. But it's always hard to bet against the Best player ever!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Of course, I sat Freddy for his good round, and played him for his poor round. B)

You n me both Jamo. I had Tiger out for first two rounds and he's my favorite player. I tried using my brain instaed of heart and you see where that got me! I had Westwood in and decided after listening to the experts to pull him art last minute and put in Furyk, like a fool. My original group would have been Tiger,Westwood,Couples,Schwartzel.Instead I put in EE,KJ,Retief,DD

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

If Phil would drop off a bit and Stricker plays better this weekend, I am going to be one happy camper. Hopefully the English group continues to play well.

You're dissing Phil and rooting for the Euros? Wow.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

You n me both Jamo. I had Tiger out for first two rounds and he's my favorite player. I tried using my brain instaed of heart and you see where that got me! I had Westwood in and decided after listening to the experts to pull him art last minute and put in Furyk, like a fool. My original group would have been Tiger,Westwood,Couples,Schwartzel.Instead I put in EE,KJ,Retief,DD

I almost always play Tiger when he is in the field, he is just too good to sit. At least I put him in the bench if I don't start him. Schwartzel did well for me the first day, then screwed the pooch for me yesterday. I had 3 MC's also, eeek.

In 2009 Tiger finished out of Top 10, 2 times out of 22 events with 1 missed cut. Tiger had 9 wins, 4 -2nd's, 1-4th,

3-6th's, 1-8th , 1-9th, an 11th and a 17th. Not too shabby. The only risk was not knowing this year because of the situation surrounding the layoff. It wasn't the same as healing an injury. But it's always hard to bet against the Best player ever!

Wouldn't it be 3 though including the Match Play (plus British Open and Deutsche Bank (T11)) Whatever, neither here nor there...

• SPY VIP

It is an impressive list of guys who missed the cut this year. From my pool alone there is Rory, Furyk, & Paddy.

Hard to believe that not one of those guys made the weekend.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This week has been a bonanza for my fantasy team, but Steve Stricker is going to keep me from winning all kinds of glorious prizes in other contests. This will teach me to pick players that I hate. On the other hand, if I had picked Phil (who I also hate), I would be doing the "I'm in the money" dance already.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Had Phil on the bench behind Mr. Woods all week. Not going to bet against Tiger on Sunday though...

Do want Phil to win so the free driver promotion will happen though :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Had Phil on the bench behind Mr. Woods all week. Not going to bet against Tiger on Sunday though...

Do want Phil to win so the free driver promotion will happen though :lol:

Was that one of those deals where you buy the driver and then it's free if Phil wins?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I just watched Sergio miss 2 greens in a row..... with a putter... From point blank range.... BAD

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I saw that... I think that's the first time I've seen someone putt into the water...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Great Masters, some superb golf (and some shockers to make hackers like me feel better - that Tiger tap-in mishap will keep me going for ages). A worthy winner though, although I was rooting for Westwood, who I'm glad didn't buckle and let himself slip to 3rd, 4th or worse when the pressure was really on.

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

Rife 400 Series Half Mallet

A very, very good Master's, and what's best is, Tiger wasn't the only story line going on. I was really pulling for Freddie! Man he's a class act with a sweet swing! Phil, great win for you, and your family, I just pray there are no skeletons in your closest. AK, awesome round!!! Lee Westwood, maybe the next guy to win a Major! KJ, great run. The course, awesome!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Good point Sactown :) Gonna be LOTS of them floating around.

Supposedly there are around 20,000 entries...

Looks for lots of cheap drivers on ebay after.

#TruthDigest

Archived