Sign in to follow this  
BestGrips.com

LASER ENGRAVER TESTER WANTED - BestGrips Tester Opportunity

Our Sponsors

With the laser engraving officially launched I would like to open up the opportunity to get some evaluation of our engraving process and see some unique designs. One lucky winner will receive a custom engraved Major Leaguer Putter Grip with the only caveat being an honest review in return.

So why is the laser engraver such a big deal?

BestGrips has been at the forefront of grip customization for the last few years and has decided to take another giant leap forward with the addition of laser engraving. In the past, if you wanted custom logos on a grip, a die would have to be machined for use. This process has become increasingly difficult and expensive to do. The cost of creating the die was almost 5x the price of the grip, making customizing a single grip almost unfeasible. 

The die was also limited in the clarity it could achieve. Because of the embossing technique you can only achieve about 60 dpi, which is not much at all. This limited the types of logos we could do to very plain basic shapes.

The laser engraver allows us achieve up to 600 dpi, a 10x increase opening up all kinds of new opportunities for logoing. It also means we can create one-off grips like never before, something BestGrips takes pride in! The only drawback is that the engraving is black, making the engraving on black grips extremely subtle. 

Why is our engraving different?

BestGrips is all about doing everything in house. When we added embroidery to our stable of custom options, we added an embroidery machine, not a contact that could do embroidery. This keeps prices down, options endless, and turnaround quick! The same applies for the laser engraving. BestGrips laser engraves everything in-house, keeping the price low, eliminating digitizing fees, and making turnaround insanely fast!

So how do you become a tester?

Requirements:

• Resident of the United States or Canada
  • MyGolfSpy Forum member of good standing
  • Must be able to make complete sentences with detail
  • Must be able to review the custom laser engraving and provide a review of the product
  • Answer these four questions
  1. Handicap?
  2. Putter stroke arc?
  3. Can you take quality pictures? (please provide proof - 1 pic will do)
  4. What does customization mean to you?

I will select one tester from the entries and will ship the custom putter grip on December 16th (entries close DECEMBER 9th at 11:00 PM CST).

Handicap:  4.5

Putter Stroke arc: straight, Back and Through

photo(1).JPG

Customization to me means standing out in the crowd on the golf course.....

• Index is 0.9
  • Arc - inside to inside tilted right. Think high draw motion - Tiger 2000 stroke. Toe must release.
  • See below.
  • Customization means personal, quality and knowing what you want. Not knowing exactly what you want is hazardous. Not to customize/design is to suffer design by deafault which may not fit. For golf gear that means having generalized equipment made for the masses selected by a committee (OEM) that most will never meet. Always know what you want and get custom.
IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

• Must be able to make complete sentences with detail

Yep...I shur kin speek in cumpleet sentinses ;)

1. Handicap? 12.2
  2. Putter stroke arc? Very Slight Arc
  3. Can you take quality pictures? (please provide proof - 1 pic will do) See pic of my current gamer below.
  4. What does customization mean to you? Customization means getting the product YOU want; not being limited to what the company has to offer.
IMG_0861.JPG

1. Handicap? Ended the season at 6.2
  2. Putter stroke arc? Pretty decent arc on my stroke. 
  3. Can you take quality pictures? (please provide proof - 1 pic will do) Yup, at least I think so
  4. What does customization mean to you? Being able to take something stock and make it your own.  Being able to pick and choose the little features and details to set something apart from the rest of the herd and make it your own.

IMG_1129 (Custom).JPG

Thank you to the guys that have signed up so far! A friend suggested using Golf Spy MBP's speed review format for posting the review. I think that is a great idea!

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping at this.

Me too, but I can't complain about the odds so far :)

Me too, but I can't complain about the odds so far :)

I'll keep quiet then. ;)

I'll keep quiet then. ;)

It's all about quality over quantity!

Best Grips,

How about I design the most intricate typographical design I can to test your new laser? Type is a good barometer because the details, forms and counterforms are very subtle and will test your DPI capabilities well.  I propose I you my very intricate design and you laser it onto a white carbon fiber grip, no padding (thin grip), Bestgrips stitch and I'll test it on my daily gamer? I'm thinking the type solution will be about .5" x 1.5" and placed on the lower front. 

:wub:

Best Grips,

How about I design the most intricate typographical design I can to test your new laser? Type is a good barometer because the details, forms and counterforms are very subtle and will test your DPI capabilities well.  I propose I you my very intricate design and you laser it onto a white carbon fiber grip, no padding (thin grip), Bestgrips stitch and I'll test it on my daily gamer? I'm thinking the type solution will be about .5" x 1.5" and placed on the lower front. 

:wub:

Testing has shown that the laser and the carbon fiber grips do not get along.

Well, my design sucked anyway. I'm still going to order a white carbon fiber!

I think it's a great idea!!!  You may see a spy pic of it when I have some free time.

Handicap?

Last time I had one I was a +2.7

Putter stroke arc?

Inside and down the line

Can you take quality pictures? (please provide proof - 1 pic will do)

See attached

What does customization mean to you?

Like Burger King- can have it your way.

image.jpg

I will not throw my name in the hat, as I already have some BestGrips, but I will say that one of you guys are in for a treat.

I'm feeling the same way about the grips. I like my current Best Grips Putter grip too much to change. If you want to make me a driver shoe to test, now that is a different story.

You guys are making some great points here, Zach I'm also going to bow out of the contest.  I've already got a blue superman Bestgrips on my Piretti and the black gridiron is going on the 2-ball when it comes back from the spa.

Good luck to everyone else and whoever wins is in for a treat!

HC 4

SB/ST slight slight slight arc. Nobody is truly SB/ST

Customization means I get what I want, how I want. It means you are only limited by your imagination.

image.jpg