Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

In need of a heavier shaft

So here is the deal. I was using my friends Cobra Baffler Pro and his shaft is heavier than mine and I loved the feel of it. I recently got my 906 which has a 81g V2 in it and I've never been more confident and consistent at hitting a 3 wood and I know it has a lot to do with the shaft. I was wondering if I should get a V2 in the 86g or 104g for my hybrid or just buy a new club with what I want in it? Also if there is any way to alter my current shaft like with lead tape or something I'd be open to those ideas. I just would like a heavier shaft in my hybrid and what to know what you guys think I should do.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

See and thats what I was thinking because the 2008 models shaft is 85g but then I also talked to my Pro at the club and he said the 104g would most likely be better for me since my 3 wood is 81g and my 4iron is 115g so the 104g V2 falls almost perfectly into place between weight and also club length.

Well thanks for the imput Morris. I am just about to head out to the range and I'll swing my buddies Cobra some more and then demo day is tomorrow at my club so I'll mess around with hybrids some and see what works out for me. The good news though is a V2 shaft from golfsmith is only about $35 so if I need to switch out a shaft Im not gonna loose a lot of money.

Go to pro shop and demo a TM/Nike/Cally hybird that they can switch the shafts in and out of. Ingore the clubhead, and just see if using different weight shafts does to your swing and ball flight.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

XXIO: I had thoughtn about using lead tape but didnt't know if I could add it to the shaft to make it heavier. I just feel like I have more control with a heavier/stiffer shaft.

Dave: I went to my club demo day on saturday and had a great time. I used a lot of Ping stuff because for me their clubs are crazy long. That Ping I15 was almost stupid long with the Proforce AXIVCore shaft. I'll probably add one to the bag next year when I can get it cheaper. I hit heavier/stiffer shafts in all the drivers/woods/hybrids/irons I tried out. I loved the TT X100s I hit in the Ping S57 and in the new Titleist Cbs. Shortly after the demo day was done one of the pros at my club said he had a Titilesit 585H w/ Proforce V2 in it. I hit it a few times but I haven't given it a real try on the range yet. If I like the club he is gonna sell it to me for $45.

Archived