Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FairwayJockey.com Review

JBones

rsz_1fairway_jockey.jpg

I received an email about a month ago from MyGolfSpy about a new golf retail website that launched.  That website is http://www.fairwayjockey.com/default.asp.

ABOUT

The following is taken directly from their website.

Fairway Jockey is a group of custom club fitters that specialize in building premium golf clubs.  Our goal is to improve your game by building equipment that is fit to your unique swing.  

Fairway Jockey will take you through a true customized club building experience by offering a variety of options for aftermarket shafts, custom club specs, and custom grips/ferrules.  You will be able to fully design your own custom club using our integrated drop down options for every aspect of the club.  Forget about the old days of buying golf equipment off the rack, and let your imagination do the building.

Fairway Jockey can build custom clubs that are matched to your unique swing dynamics.  Play better golf by letting us build your clubs with specific lengths, lie angles, lofts, shaft weights & profiles, and swing weights.  The builders in our state of the art club building facility will oversee the construction of your clubs from start to finish, ensuring the optimal performance of your custom clubs.  Clubs built in our workshop are tested to the highest standards in the industry, far superior than any club manufacturer.  

In addition, our team is here to make any professional fitting recommendations based off the information you provide about swing and ball flight characteristics
.  We will use our proprietary shaft fitting software to identify suggested aftermarket shafts that match up with your unique swing attributes, resulting in enhanced distance, control, or both.  

If you would like our assistance in shaft selection, please contact [email protected] with the following information:

• Height
  • Distance Between Wrist Crease and Floor
  • Tempo (Slow, Medium, Fast)
  • Transition (Slow, Medium, Fast)
  • Shaft Release (Early, Middle, Late)
  • Driver/6Iron Club Speed
  • Driver/6 Iron Ball Speed
  • Driver/6 Iron Launch Angle
  • Driver/6 Iron Spin Rate
  • Driver/6 Iron Attack Angle

The Process

I already knew what I needed, so I was just really excited that I could place an order for EVERYTHING I needed, at one place.............and the best part, I didn't have to put it together.  I ordered a Titleist Vokey 54*, with KBS C Taper XS, a lime green ferrule, and just a cheap grip (I will be putting a BestGrips MicroPerf with lime green stitch on it before next season starts).  The website is really easy to use; you just select your club and then you get to chose all your custom options.  If you do not know your custom options, you can contact Fairway Jockey and they can help you choose your options.  If you have a component already and don't wish to purchase a certain part (say a grip), you can contact them to omit that piece as well.  Easy enough, right?

The Price

When I first entered the site, I thought the pricing was a little high.  I decided to look up all the components individually (from reputable sites) to see how the price compared.  What I found was that the pricing was very competitive on the overall product.   I saved $20 on Fairway Jockey, simply because I wasn't paying shipping for each component and that was before the Cyber Monday (I was waiting for that) discount code.  Total savings with the code was around $40...........and I don't have to do any of the work.

Additional Info

I contacted FairwayJockey about a future purchase that I'd like to make (3W), but I already have a shaft that will go in it.  While they are gearing their site towards custom fitting and not your run of the mill golf retail website, they will let you order without the shaft option.  The most interesting part about contacting them, was that I found out that my personal fitter was one of the fitters that started this website.  I was really on the fence about ordering from a new website, but I pulled the trigger after finding out he was part of it; he's a top notch fitter and an even better man (if you hadn't seen my driver fitting review, raving about his skills, check it out here http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/8048-my-driver-fitting-experience/).

Overall

I have not seen another website that it is so easy to get custom equipment. If you don't know what you need, they can help you and I can tell you from experience that if you give them your correct info, they can fit you into what you need.  I will be ordering from FairwayJockey in the future; one, because the website and concept is awesome and two, because I want to support my fitter.

Once I receive my new wedge, I'll post up pics of it in here.

I can tell you this, I talked to my fitter for 5 minutes, before I set up a fitting and he already had picked a head and shaft for me. Now that is him assuming that I'm giving him the "real" information, which I did. I ended up going with what he had picked out for me, by just talking to me, without even seeing my swing, because after a full fitting, that WAS the best fit. So to answer your question, yes, if you are truthful with your numbers, then they can pretty accurately fit you.

Looks sweet bones, can't wait to see it with the bestgrips on it!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Dandy looking wedge --- gonna really look sweet with the BestGrip on it.  Nice writeup on Fairway Jockey, too....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I got my wedge today and this thing is SICK.  Can't wait to put my BestGrips MicroPerf with lime green stitch on it.

attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

attachicon.gifphoto_1.jpg

attachicon.gifphoto_2.jpg

The grip is going to look so sick!

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

• 6 years later...

I am not one to leave reviews. I absolutely hate people who are not strong enough to put a face to a name. Unfortunately I am having to write this poor review. I cancelled my order at the time of the order, low and behold they cannot find the cancellation part of that order. I am now stuck with a club they will not allow me to return, (seven Weeks after the order was cancelled). This, by the way is a left handed Titleist wedge. Not exactly a custom club!!

Sorry for having to send this review. All I wanted was to return the club. I was able to order the same club from another site and receive in 4 business days, (that was the reason for cancelling order, seven weeks seemed a bit extreme). Club was exactly the same price.

I hope your experience will be better than mine...

Not a fan of "Fairway Jockey's"!!!!

Edited by J.P.

• 8 months later...