TESTERS WANTED! ×

Which clubs do you live by?

GolfSpy WD

We always talk about what new clubs are out there. I'm curious which clubs are in your bag that are going to stay in your bag come hell or high water?

For me it's my irons (Rocketbladez) and putter (Ping Nome). No matter what else I've tinkered with, nothing feels quite as right as those clubs. I even tried replacing my Nome with a Golo 5 and had to almost immediately ebay the Golo because I wanted the Nome back so badly.

I sorta recently changed my hybrid to a G20 and I like that quite a bit. My R11s also seems to fit better than any other driver thanks to the black ops shaft, and I really like my SCOR wedges, but all these clubs could go by the wayside given the right deal. Not so much for my irons and putter.

Well the only two clubs that haven't changed in my bag over the last three years:

My Taylormade Burner 09 driver and my TM Y Groove Gap Wedge.

Tried to change them both, but not found anything that works for me better.

In fact the burner driver is my second one, sold the first one and realised I made a mistake and bought another one!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I was prepared to go into next season only changing my hybrids, but after testing the Apex Pro irons and getting a couple of swings with the Big Bertha Alpha, I think I may just keep my 3 wood, it is the best fairway wood I have ever had.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Putter.  I've tried a billion different putters and I still like my vintage stick.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I haven't spent much time with my bag Cobra outfitted me with yet. Last time I was out was a month ago. But the Amp Cell Pros with C Tapers have been fantastic for me in the time I've gotten with them. A couple of minor tweaks to my swing lately have made a big difference too tho. I'm very happy with my swing now and it's just a matter of ingraining it more. It's so simple now, that won't be hard.

My Amp Cell Pro driver is better than anything I've tried before. I feel like I can just swing it without apprehension of a hook which ironically would lead to a big fade for me. Finally have a penetrating flight that gets way out there. It sucks to be going into winter when so much is coming together that I've had trouble with for so long. I will probably see how the Bio Cell+ compares. But I'm very happy with what I have.

I am liking SCOR wedges. I didn't get along with the Tour Trustys like I thought I would. I liked them off the turf fine, but fought them in the sand. I don't usually have a problem with sand. I don't sweat it if I end up in a bunker. The last time I played we did 36 holes. At least three times I left the ball in the sand. I never do that. So SCOR is in bow.

Hybrid may change. Putter...probably not. Irons...definitely not, anytime soon anyway. Driver...awesome, but this year's promises to be exceptional, so who knows on that.

That was a long winded way of saying that I guess. Haha!

Rescue11 TP 4/21 is about the only thing I can't see letting go of easily. Hoard stuff? Yep, but keep in the bag? Just the Rescue11 TP

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Which 3 wood is that?

X Hot Pro, just beats out the V Steel I had when I was a TM staffer.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I'm liking my SCORs so those will probably stay until they need to be replaced. I've looked at putters but I'm pretty contempt with mine. I'm actually doing pretty good with everything all around but it's hard to say if I can truly commit to every club. The longest club in the bag right now is my Titleist 910H, I had a phase where it wasn't in the bag but it's the one club I've kept the longest.

Actually there are 3 absolutely for me. My Cally steelhead 3 wood that has been in there for 10 years. As of today I cant find anything I hit better even the new stuff. My TM V steel 7 wood my go to long club. My old Ping Zing putter that I did an article on a while back. Those 3 aint going no where unless they fall apart

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Well the only two clubs that haven't changed in my bag over the last three years:

My Taylormade Burner 09 driver and my TM Y Groove Gap Wedge.

Tried to change them both, but not found anything that works for me better.

In fact the burner driver is my second one, sold the first one and realised I made a mistake and bought another one!

Those "Y" cutters were ahead of the time.  Amazing Wedges......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

My 60* Edel Wedge. 

My Wishon 919THI driver.  Although I may change the shaft out.

My 'Gonzo Wood.' 

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I haven't found any club that I can't replace.  The only one that is close is my putter, and that is more of a 'it isn't broken' situation than anything else.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Nothing is safe. I am not planning on getting rid or adding any but I have 3 complete sets.

3 drivers R11, R9 SuperDeep, 910 D3

3 FM R11 14, 980F 13&17

Several Hybrids 909H 21&19, R11 18and Adams Pro Black 23&18

Mizzy MP Fli Hi 2-3-4

Mizzy irons MP33 MP59 and Hogan CFT

Titleist, Mizuno and Callaway wedges.

I also have 4 Scotty putters but the 1997 Coronado is the one

Constant in my bag for the last couple of months.

I like to mix and match the set. Currently I am going with a Titleist/Mizzy combo featuring more wedges and less long clubs. But as

Always that is subject to change.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I cannot believe I am about to share this with everyone because I NEVER thought it would happen, but the club that will not come out of my bag for anything is my short driver.

It is a Taylormade R11 that was given to me after I built a friend a new Yeti driver. I have a House of Forged/Ryan Winther 4X shaft that has been tipped 3" and plays at 44" long.

It is not my longest driver but it is more accurate than any driver I have ever used.

Right now I have two Bags.....see my signature....

Both are equally strong for me......I had not played the Black set for 6 months so I pulled them out last week and with three rounds, the results were very good. I shot two of the rounds under 90......something I had not done for the last 3 months.

Now I have a dilemma.....the Blue set:  all Nike  or the Black set: all Powerbilt

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My putter. I've had it for six years. Everything else in my bag is just over a year old or perhaps less than that for me. I can't imagine replacing my SCORs or my driver but they haven't been around long enough to say, "no way!"

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My putter has been in the bag for over 7 years. I would also say my Dave pelz wedges. P and S.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I have a Titleist 980F 17* 4 wood that has been in and out of the bag since 2002.  I take it out and then upgrade the shaft and boom it is back in the bag.  I hit it today and had the absolute best FM shot I have ever made with it.

I have its replacement in the garage awaiting epoxy that is on order and now I can't even replace it.  I hit it off the tee and dirt equally well.  That means I can replace the 3 wood and the 18* hybrid with it.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I guess I can classify my Nike Sasquatch 13* 3 wood. I took the Covert out to put it back in. Point and shoot 260-265 off the tee all day long and can hit it up a gnats ass.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I would say my R11 3 wood has been in my bag the longest but nothing is truly safe.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I used to say my MP33's were safe, but now they are gone with the jpx825 pro's. but after hitting some callaway x hot"s the other day, I wouldn't even say the mizzies are safe.

But my final answer is that nothing is safe. If I fing anything to be better, it's in!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Hi guys,

This is the 1st time in a loooong time that I am truly happy with my set-up:

Titleist 910 D3 Driver with Diamana Whiteboard (real deal) -  XStiff

Adams Fast 11 Ti 3 wood with Fujikura Tour Release shaft - Stiff

TaylorMade Rocketballz 19* Hybrid w/Stock shaft - Stiff

Titleist 712 AP2 irons (4-PW) w / S300 - Stiff

Scratch Forged Wedges - 51* / 56* / 61*

SC Futura Mallet 33" 

Asics Gel Ace Shoes

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

TM Penta 3

Couldn't be happier. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

Driver: Ping G400 MAX with PING Alta CB 55 Stiff

Fairway: Callaway Epic 15* with Fujikura Speeder 565

Hybrid: RocketBallz 19* Hybrid with Stock Shaft

Irons: JDM Titleist VG3 irons w/ Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 Shafts 

Wedges: Ping Glide 50*/54*/58*

Putter: Scotty GoLo Pro with Midsize Matador Grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star

Shoes: Nike Air Zoom Accurate

Bag: Sun Mountain MPB

This year I changed out every club in my bag, beginning with swapping my ancient Ping Eye 2 irons for Adams A 12OS hybrid/irons. I added a Ping K-15 5-wood, then a Ping G-25 3-wood, and just a week ago traded my venerable TM R7 driver for a TM R1. I also exchanged my Odyssey 2-ball white hot putter for a $10 Nike blade on sale at the Ft Lewis PX. 

I'm now playing better, more consistent golf than any time in my 60 years. Sure, a lot of this improvement is due to increased practice and playing, but I finally have great confidence in ALL of my clubs. That mind-set makes a huge difference. Best of all, these are the clubs which are perfect for my game now, and will be a good fit for the rest of my playing days!

I used to say my MP33's were safe, but now they are gone with the jpx825 pro's. but after hitting some callaway x hot"s the other day, I wouldn't even say the mizzies are safe.

But my final answer is that nothing is safe. If I fing anything to be better, it's in!

Love the old 33s myself I had a set that I wore slam out down here at the beach

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

60* TMAG black rac wedge. Have had it resurfaced and it's been in my bag since the day it was released

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Archived