TESTERS WANTED! ×

ECCO Street EVO One Expands Horizons of Hybrid Golf Shoe Performance

SPY ZINGER

New Ecco Street shoe, the EVO One.  I like the fact that it's in a wider platform.  Maybe Ecco is starting to become an option for those of us with burger feet.

ECCO_Header_EVO_ONE.jpg

ECCO Street EVO One Expands Horizons of Hybrid Golf Shoe Performance

Patented E-DTS System Provides Unmatched Grip, Ground Feel and Stability

(LONDONDERRY, NH) - Danish company ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces the launch of Street EVO One, a performance hybrid golf shoe combining the award-winning ECCO Dynamic Traction System (E-DTS) with an array of proprietary stabilization features.

Embodying the shoemaking craftsmanship and technical advances for which ECCO is renowned, Street EVO One (MSRP $160) boasts a Direct-injected midsole with an integrated shank piece. This design cups and cushions a player's heel, delivering comfort and torsional support while creating an exceptionally stable platform from which golfers can power through each shot.

Offering a slightly wider platform than previous versions of the best-selling Golf Street model, Street EVO One is built atop a patented outsole configuration of approximately 100 moulded traction bars and 800 traction angles. Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – these elements provide superb, Tour-quality grip.

“The way Street EVO One looks, feels and plays puts it in a class by itself,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “It's yet another example of the advantages that come with our foot-first approach to designing and producing premium golf shoes.”

As a key point of distinction, ECCO owns its factories and controls the entire shoemaking process – from raw materials to finished footwear. This dovetails with the company's position as one of the world's largest producers of luxury leathers.

Street EVO One is offered in high-grade cow leather and genuine camel leather versions, both of which include the exclusive ECCO HYDROMAXâ„¢ tanned-in treatment for remarkable weather resistance.

Showcasing an eye-catching, two-color outsole and modern classic upper, Street EVO One is part of the Spring/Summer 2014 men's golf collection that will be worn in competition by Tour stars like Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thongchai Jaidee, Marcel Siem, Wu Ashun, Andreas Hartø and JB Hansen.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

ECCO Street Evo One Golf Shoe

IMG_4143.JPG

It wasn't until the release of the ECCO Street Evo One that ECCO golf shoes became an option for me.  Prior to this, the Danish shoemaker, although known for quality, did not offer shoes in widths.  In fact, even their mens standard “D” width fit on the narrow side.  As such, I never really gave them a look because of the fit.  This was unfortunate because I always credited ECCO as being patriarch of casual street shoes in golf.  Today, the popular feedback reveals the street shoe pioneer remains the top choice in this category.  Even with all this goodness, if the shoe doesn't fit, they become irrelevant to a guy with hamburger feet.  Well, I am please to report, this changed with the Ecco Street Evo One.

IMG_4129.JPGIMG_4130.JPG

Established in 1963 in southern Denmark, ECCO has always been synonymous with comfort.  At least in golf, the brand has also been synonymous with Fred Couples, one of the first players to bring street shoes into the professional ranks.

As an ECCO virgin, taking these out of the box for the first time, I was [pleasantly] surprised at the quality leather used in ECCO shoes.  It just looks, feels, and even smells differently than typical street shoe offerings in golf.  Incredibly soft, with a durable feel.  It's readily apparent these are not constructed of a synthetic leather blend.  The shoe has a wider toe box area, that seems to be the widest offering in the ECCO golf line.  As a man than can wear a 4E width, I was able to wear the Evo One without issue or discomfort.  Conversely, these shoes were remarkably comfortable right out of the box with no break-in period whatsoever.  They compete easily with the comfort of TRUE and Puma FAAS, both of which I believe to be the most comfortable offerings in golf for the wide foot.

IMG_4139.JPGIMG_4140.JPG

At $160, I was surprised to see these shoes were not waterproof.  However, the leather upper is treated with water-repellent Hydromax, which appears to be about as close to waterproof as you can get without being so.  Another critical factor for me in a golf shoe is the construction of the tongue, especially when walking.  The tongue on the Evo One is nice and plush, that almost feels like a small pillow against the top of your foot.  The midsole seems to be the unsung hero of this show, and could possibly be the reason this shoe, or any ECCO shoe is so comfortable.  Unlike many street shoes, the mid sole does not seem to have a hard or harsh feeling during the step.  The result is lasting sustainable comfort 18 holes and beyond.

IMG_4138.JPGIMG_4133.JPG

It took me a while to trust the fixed-spike nubs of casual street golf shoes.  Over the last couple years, I've come to the realization that I do not really experience any on-course disadvantage in stability or traction.  Certainly, you can notice a difference when compared to a fresh set of Black Widow soft spikes, but it's not a performance difference in my opinion.  The Evo One shoes feature fixed spikes with 800 traction angles providing exceptional grip.  Weighing in at 15 oz, the Evo One is about a light, flexible, and as comfortable of a golf shoe you'll find.  Adding in the lack of break-in period, and exceptional leather quality, I was really pleased with this first look at Ecco shoes.

IMG_4135.JPGIMG_4141.JPG

Posted Image

Those look nice! I love that they are a little wider than normal.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Yes. Can't ignore it any longer.

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

I've tried true twice and I find the materials really cheap. When I was in school I ordered icons through the golf team. Solid shoe. Right now I wear eccos and new balance. I love the comfort of ecco.

Yes, I agree, it's nice to finally be able to try the Ecco's with the wider toe box.

Bestyyy: Have you tried the TRUE's since the first generation?  Not that this is a TRUE thread, but just curious.

Yep. Thought the first generation killed it.

Archived