Mizuno JPX 800 HD Aquired from Ebay

Just won an auction for the Mizuno JPX 800 HD set of irons. ($247)

This set includes the 3 & 4 FLIHI hybrids plus the 6-PW irons with Regular Steel Shafts.

Has anyone played these?

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Just received the irons........

Brand New, in Mizuno box:

#4 & #5 FLIHI

#6-GW JPX 800 HD

all with Dynalite Gold XP R300 shafts

Wondering if anyone has used the JPX 800 HD's?

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Enjoy! I have the 800 pros so can't speak to your set.

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Now here's the Rub!

They are currently still in the box hidden in my garage!

It's one week until Christmas, which is also my 63rd Birthday.  I have a funny feeling that my Bride got me some gift certs to Golfsmith or Dick's......

Do I keep the irons hidden until after Christmas?  Or do I bag 'em and play with them?

Get them in the bag!

I've heard good things about them - then you can use vouchers for a new driver!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I put the JPX 800 HD's in the bag and have played 5 rounds with them.

Cons:

I definitely lost about one club (10 yards) with the 4, 5, 6 & 7.

I only lost about 1/2 club with the 8.

I lost nothing with the 9, PW & GW.

I am pulling the $ & 5 FliHi's as they are offset....but I am getting used to it and am turning it into a draw.

Pros:

The feel is very smooth.

Better directional control

Much straighter than my Nike CB's

The FliHi's (4 & 5) have a nice trajectory....

So your missus is ok with the purchase? ;)

And for anyone looking, does she have a sister?  :D

Thankfully, my wife knows that golf is my one habit.  I don't spend much on anything else.  I think she's glad I don't booze it up every weekend or waste money on other expensive habits.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

Yeah, she knows it's my main fault.   She does remind me that playing golf was not a condition in our marriage contract.....LOL

There's your first mistake. I do vows for a living. Give me a call and we will renew yours. :)

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

There's your first mistake. I do vows for a living. Give me a call and we will renew yours. :)

That's Terrific Rev, thanks....so far this one has lasted 17 years.

• 5 months later...

Just an update. I traded the Mizunos in at Dicks where they gave me $411 for them towards new clubs (Cobra Bio a Cell Driver and 3 wood). Dicks was giving 150% of the trade in value.

That's 171% of what I paid......

Nicely done!!!  I love it when a trade in works out best for someone other than the big box :)

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Yeah, I do have one round of 75 with the Mizuno's. That made it a bit tough to part with them.

Almost bought a used set of the 825s? at GG with graphite shafts, was an awesome price. I am sad to say I tested the Adams IDEA Tech V4's against my Pink Bio Cell Irons. The V4's dominated them, both in distance and accuracy, so now I am a proud new Adam's golfer!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

I guess you'll have to get used to swinging a plain looking club for awhile......no color for you in the Adams......LOL

As for me, I will be gaming the Cobra's for some time.  The lightweight stiff shaft is working for me.

You can have my 825s when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

You can have my 825s when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

LMOA!

I liked the 800's, but after I received the Bio Cells for review and I liked them more, there was no need to retain the 800's.