Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How much do you love what's in your bag?

Sluggo42

• SPY VIP

Hmm really good thread.

Driver:

Nike Covert I can tolerate but wouldn't hesitate to try something else. SLDR was money for me in testing.

3 Wood:

Wilson Fybrid - :wub:

Irons:

Rocketbladez - Honeymoons over, time to move on

Wedges:

Wilson FG Tour - Like a lot, bordering on love

Putter:

Nike Method 003 - :wub:

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Strangely enough the only club I should love, is the one I have tried to replace the most often, my Odyssey Putter.  It works, it is consistent, and nothing I try scores as well in play.  Everything else in the bag right now is subject to change, though my TM original RBZ Tour (not a Stage 2, ick) might be in the bag for a long long time.  It just seems to work well.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Great stuff, I can't wait to see your new WITB pictures! Also, I'm loving the R9 in your bag. I tried the other day to see if anything new could beat my R9 TP and sure enough the old R9 is unbeatable. I don't know if I've diver read a bad word about them.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Seriously, I took the R9 Super Deep to the PGA SuperStore with Christmas money in my pocket and left an hour and half later with a new ball marker.

I did bite the bullet and changed irons to the Pings.  I have played 9 holes with them, and hit them in the net in the backyard about 3 times a day all week.  Weather simply sucks.  The S Series Pings are sweet irons.  And so is the i20's. if you do not mind all the junk in the trunk.

Still no pics because I am still waiting on the one wedge to come in.  It is weather delayed in Illinois.  Bought it brand new for cheap, don't really remember but $40 -ish.  

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

And so everyone keeps telling me how good my i20's are.  And still I can't warm up to them.

The S Series Pings are sweet irons.  And so is the i20's. if you do not mind all the junk in the trunk.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

And so everyone keeps telling me how good my i20's are.  And still I can't warm up to them.

As far as the i20's go, I have hit 10 balls, they felt nice but the ball flight might, key word might because I just hit in the store, be too high and I think the back are slightly too busy, but much better than some.  Please tell all about them. 

I had a friend, well he is still a friend, that had i20's on KBS Tours and got the Ansers on Proj, X.  He said at first it was a big mistake, but is getting used to the shafts now.

This pretty much exhaust my i20 knowledge.  If you play them, like or dislike this is the place to tell all.  "Confession is good for the soul."

I love my G25 driver head but i am hoping to get fit for a better shaft once the weather warms up. 

I loved my Rocketballz 3 wood when i got it but was able to hit it consistently of the deck last year ( most likely a product of my swing and lack of playing).

I absolutely love my TMaG Rescue Mid 3 hybrid.  It plays a longer then my 3 iron so fits my bag nicely.  I have had it for close to 10 years now.

I loved my Titleist 704.cb irons. I got rocketbladez last spring and found out they weren't for me and i went back to my 704.cb in December.  I am looking get new irons this spring as i have problem with distance and controlling my 3,4,5 irons.  

Wedges come and go but i am interested to get a set of hopkins this year as i need to replace my 52 wedge and want to add a 60 for when i play shorter courses.  

I like my Scotty Cameron California Monterey, but want to explore with other desogns to find one that i am really confident with.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

Oh Lord this may be lengthy. For many years I played very few sets of clubs. I think I played the same set of 1966 Power Bilt citation irons for 10 years and wore them out. then there were the MP-33s I played them for 4 or 5 years and wore them slap out. since then I have searched around played the same set of MacGregor blades for 4 years. Well went to a set of CB Infiniti Assures. Love them but found a set of older Infiniti 302s in a junk car. took them out on a whim one day to a local executive course and wow.To me they hit like my old Citations. I was in love again. My friend who is an Infiniti dealer checked the shafts and they were soft tipped Harrisons. I did have to weight them up a little for me. I never thought a CB iron would feel that good. I think they will stay a while. So here is the line up

Driver Hathaway V4 Creation Tour Only Shaft this is the longest and straightest driver I have ever owned period

3 Wood Cally Steelhead been carrying for 10 years now

7 Wood TM V steel UST 65 Pro Force Gold Stiff have been carrying for 5 years

Hybrid PRGR 24* Harrison Striper Hybrid shaft. Have had a while but finally got adjusted with weight and shaft and learned how to hit it

Irons 5 thru PW Previous mentioned Infiniti 302

GW Infiniti Assure soft step S400 bent to 52 with Stu custom grind

SW Infiniti Assure 10* bounce bent to 55* S300 std with Stu custom grind

LW Vokey SM4 58* bent to 59* 8* bounce stock grind S300 stock

Putter old reliable 1980s vintage Ping Zing 2 36" I did a story on this old jewel once

Bag Infiniti Staff (when riding)

Bag 2 Old Cleveland Tour Stand bag have had for 10 years or so

Probably don't play as much mainstream equipment as others but this is working for me. It was by providence I found the irons and that they hit as good as they do with only new grips and slight weight adjustment

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I love my G25 driver head but i am hoping to get fit for a better shaft once the weather warms up. 

I loved my Rocketballz 3 wood when i got it but was able to hit it consistently of the deck last year ( most likely a product of my swing and lack of playing).

I absolutely love my TMaG Rescue Mid 3 hybrid.  It plays a longer then my 3 iron so fits my bag nicely.  I have had it for close to 10 years now.I actually hit a set of Rocketbladez at a TM demo last year and liked them. did not get as good of a result on the machine as I did with the Assures but liked them I had seriously thought of finding a used set and tweaking them to me (which is my SOP) but then I found the before mentioned 302s and that thought passed

I loved my Titleist 704.cb irons. I got rocketbladez last spring and found out they weren't for me and i went back to my 704.cb in December.  I am looking get new irons this spring as i have problem with distance and controlling my 3,4,5 irons.  

Wedges come and go but i am interested to get a set of hopkins this year as i need to replace my 52 wedge and want to add a 60 for when i play shorter courses.  

I like my Scotty Cameron California Monterey, but want to explore with other desogns to find one that i am really confident with.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

What the heck did I do wrong again? I put a reply to dushler and it came out above like that. what I said was that last year I tried a set of Rocketbladez irons at a TM demo and I was impressed with them Even though the numbers were not as good for me as the Assures that I was hitting at the time I had thought of trying to find a used set and tweaking them for me as is my SOP but when I found the 302s that went out the window

G

Oh, I do love my i20 driver and irons. The irons do what is asked of them, even if the one doing asking (or swinging) doesn't always know how. They make little corrections for me that I really appreciate. I suppose they could be described as being slightly on the chunky or busy side, but I no longer notice (been gaming them for almost two years). And to be honest, nothing that has come along during that time has interested me enough to lure me away. Maybe the i25s?

Like my Adams 3 wood and hybrids- love them when I strike them we'll.

LOVE my SCOR wedges. Really, really difficult to imagine replacing these with anything but the same again.

Pretty solid love for the STX putter also. And I pine for the old TM Penta ball, but play the old Callaway Tour i(z), which can still be found.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Oh, I do love my i20 driver . And to be honest, nothing that has come along during that time has interested me enough to lure me away. Maybe the i25s?.

I kinda edited your post to reflect my thoughts on my driver, the i20. Can the i25 be better?

Still can't wait to see the driver review!, but I could see myself jumping the gun and getting one sooner anyways...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Love?

I love my new Nike putter.

I really, really like my 3-wood, and Irons.

Driver,... we get along okay.

Wedges, they get the job done and were the best when I tried them at the time of purchase, but our relationship is currently on shakey gorund.  I think we are going to try and work through the problems because like a divorce, it's cheaper to keep em.

Ping G30 driver 9.0 Tour 65 X 45"
Cobra Bio-Cell 3-wood ATX Tour Blue TX75 42.5"

Cobra Bio-Cell 3-4 Hybrid Irod 85F5 40.5"
Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW KBS Tour S+
Titleist SM4 wedges 56 & 60.
Ping Tomcat C with Super Stroke 3.0 grip

Bridgestone B330

Tried both the 59 and 64. Likes them, but ended up with 825 pro. Same great feel, and a little more forgiveness. I'm not ine to work the ball, so it's a better fit for me.

But I LOVE my Callaway Diablo Edge 3w. Point to a spot, and I'll find it.

And my TM Rossa Monza Spyder. Nothing else can even come close.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Tried both the 59 and 64. Likes them, but ended up with 825 pro. Same great feel, and a little more forgiveness. I'm not ine to work the ball, so it's a better fit for me.

But I LOVE my Callaway Diablo Edge 3w. Point to a spot, and I'll find it.

And my TM Rossa Monza Spyder. Nothing else can even come close.

I really liked my 825 pros too, they are a great club. But I LOVEmy 64's now that I traded the 825's for them. I scored better with the 825's though, but the 64's are storming back now...

Just a little more buttery, kinda like the old 33's.

Fairway Metal: :taylormade-small:  R11 T3 14*

Since 2002 I have kept going back to the Titleist 980F in 13* and 17* and kept reshafting these clubs to keep them current.  These are more of a 2 Wood and 4 wood.  I was a huge fan of the 13* on windy days.  The R11 is the only fairway metal other than the 980F that I have had consistent success off both the tee and the deck.  On a really windy day, I may put both Titleists in the bag, one for into and one for with the wind,

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: R11 18*

I also have the Adams Pro Black 18 and 23 and the Titleist 909H 19 and 21 degrees.  This has been a hard fought battle on which of these will make the bag and honestly, the fairway metal and irons that are in the bag made a lot of difference.  There was a point last year where I played the Mizzy Fli Hi 2 & 3 irons in place of the hybrids and fairway metals.  As I was making swing changes, it was simply easier to hit the 2 & 3 irons rather than FM and Hybrids.  The R11 with the KBS Hybrid shaft is really the best hybrid I have ever hit. 

Irons.  :ping-small: S56 4-PW

After a several years of playing forged irons and two years of forged muscle back blades mainly Mizuno MP33's, I have gone to Ping S56.  Mainly for the wear factor of Pings, since I play or hit balls everyday.  I will be doing a complete in the bag this weekend or so after I have more experience with them but right now I could not be more pleased. Of course, I reshafted them with KBS C Taper Lites and Best Grip Micro Perforated Grips.

I have been considering going back to Ping, old Eye 2 fan, and a friend of mine had just bought a set of S55's.  He convinced me to try them.  I really loved that club, but they also had an S56 head there also.  I tried that.  The S55 is much more forgiving than the S56 but compared to the MP33's I played, the S56 is plenty for giving for me and since I saved at least $600 the wife was more forgiving also.

It turns out that I did not truly love what was in my bag.  I tried very hard to love the new changes.  I had no choice but to replace my MP33's.  The chrome was peeling on the 7 and PW the point where I have actually cut my hand 3 times getting them out of the bag.  So I got these Ping S56 and I must first say that these are really great irons.  However, in the two weeks I played them, I never once had a shot that left me with the same feeling as the Mizunos.  After two weeks I took the Mizzies for another fling and immediately remembered what I was missing.  That night i ordered some more Mizzy blades.  MP68's this time.

Also, the hybrid and FM also have not panned out as well as I had hoped.  I hit them just fine but there are other clubs that I hit better and more consistently.  So I will still be doing a new what's in the bag, it just will not be the same stuff I thought it would be a couple of weeks ago.

I'm finally content with a gap filler I've been searching for for a LOOOOONG time.  The gap was between my 13* 3 wood and my 21* hybrid.  I filled it with an Adams Super LSP off the tour van in 18* and shafted it up with a KBS hybrid in S flex tipped 1&9/16".  STOKED at how well it worked and how well I hit it.  Finally have a 235-240 club I can hit with full confidence.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm really hoping that I get the same thing out of my new Covert Tour 3h. I guess I'll just wait and see how the season starts off.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

SLDR. It's legit. Added 25 yards in one swing. And straight.

What club did you replace with the SLDR? That's a serious yardage difference!

I had almost the identical club. 10.5 Cobra Amp Cell, Regular shaft. SLDR 460,10.5, Regular Shaft. But they gave me a 50g shaft.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

What club did you replace with the SLDR? That's a serious yardage difference!

Cobra Amp Cell, 10.5, Reg

SLDR, 10.5, Reg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I had almost the identical club. 10.5 Cobra Amp Cell, Regular shaft. SLDR 460,10.5, Regular Shaft. But they gave me a 50g shaft.

I got 10 extra yards from 12 more grams. But that's my swing and high fades swing not yours and that's the point of a fitting; there's an ideal fit to maximize each players swing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I bag to the 800 pros but am not a huge fan. I don't like the size of the heads. I preferred the 825s. I really like the mp 54s. Just right for me. I picked up a set of i20s and first practice session went really quite well. Looking forward to getting to know them a bit better and even to bringing them on the course. These have nippon 950s in them - very nice ball flight for me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 3 weeks later...

I hit the sldr,  the Xhot is longer!

IN MY Callaway Staff BAG

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 9.5 adjustable X stiff

Irons: 4-Sw Callaway XR stiff

Wedges: Sw-Lw Tour Rusty Cobra

Putter: Taylor Made Daddy long legs 38"

balls: Taylor Made Aeroburner soft

Archived