Sluggo42

How much do you love what's in your bag?

Oh, I do love my i20 driver and irons. The irons do what is asked of them, even if the one doing asking (or swinging) doesn't always know how. They make little corrections for me that I really appreciate. I suppose they could be described as being slightly on the chunky or busy side, but I no longer notice (been gaming them for almost two years). And to be honest, nothing that has come along during that time has interested me enough to lure me away. Maybe the i25s?

Like my Adams 3 wood and hybrids- love them when I strike them we'll.

LOVE my SCOR wedges. Really, really difficult to imagine replacing these with anything but the same again.

Pretty solid love for the STX putter also. And I pine for the old TM Penta ball, but play the old Callaway Tour i(z), which can still be found.

Oh, I do love my i20 driver . And to be honest, nothing that has come along during that time has interested me enough to lure me away. Maybe the i25s?.

I kinda edited your post to reflect my thoughts on my driver, the i20. Can the i25 be better?

Still can't wait to see the driver review!, but I could see myself jumping the gun and getting one sooner anyways...

Love?

I love my new Nike putter.

I really, really like my 3-wood, and Irons.

Driver,... we get along okay.

Wedges, they get the job done and were the best when I tried them at the time of purchase, but our relationship is currently on shakey gorund.  I think we are going to try and work through the problems because like a divorce, it's cheaper to keep em.

Tried both the 59 and 64. Likes them, but ended up with 825 pro. Same great feel, and a little more forgiveness. I'm not ine to work the ball, so it's a better fit for me.

But I LOVE my Callaway Diablo Edge 3w. Point to a spot, and I'll find it.

And my TM Rossa Monza Spyder. Nothing else can even come close.

Tried both the 59 and 64. Likes them, but ended up with 825 pro. Same great feel, and a little more forgiveness. I'm not ine to work the ball, so it's a better fit for me.

But I LOVE my Callaway Diablo Edge 3w. Point to a spot, and I'll find it.

And my TM Rossa Monza Spyder. Nothing else can even come close.

I really liked my 825 pros too, they are a great club. But I LOVEmy 64's now that I traded the 825's for them. I scored better with the 825's though, but the 64's are storming back now...

Just a little more buttery, kinda like the old 33's.

Fairway Metal: :taylormade-small:  R11 T3 14*

Since 2002 I have kept going back to the Titleist 980F in 13* and 17* and kept reshafting these clubs to keep them current.  These are more of a 2 Wood and 4 wood.  I was a huge fan of the 13* on windy days.  The R11 is the only fairway metal other than the 980F that I have had consistent success off both the tee and the deck.  On a really windy day, I may put both Titleists in the bag, one for into and one for with the wind,

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: R11 18*

I also have the Adams Pro Black 18 and 23 and the Titleist 909H 19 and 21 degrees.  This has been a hard fought battle on which of these will make the bag and honestly, the fairway metal and irons that are in the bag made a lot of difference.  There was a point last year where I played the Mizzy Fli Hi 2 & 3 irons in place of the hybrids and fairway metals.  As I was making swing changes, it was simply easier to hit the 2 & 3 irons rather than FM and Hybrids.  The R11 with the KBS Hybrid shaft is really the best hybrid I have ever hit. 

Irons.  :ping-small: S56 4-PW

After a several years of playing forged irons and two years of forged muscle back blades mainly Mizuno MP33's, I have gone to Ping S56.  Mainly for the wear factor of Pings, since I play or hit balls everyday.  I will be doing a complete in the bag this weekend or so after I have more experience with them but right now I could not be more pleased. Of course, I reshafted them with KBS C Taper Lites and Best Grip Micro Perforated Grips.

I have been considering going back to Ping, old Eye 2 fan, and a friend of mine had just bought a set of S55's.  He convinced me to try them.  I really loved that club, but they also had an S56 head there also.  I tried that.  The S55 is much more forgiving than the S56 but compared to the MP33's I played, the S56 is plenty for giving for me and since I saved at least $600 the wife was more forgiving also.

It turns out that I did not truly love what was in my bag.  I tried very hard to love the new changes.  I had no choice but to replace my MP33's.  The chrome was peeling on the 7 and PW the point where I have actually cut my hand 3 times getting them out of the bag.  So I got these Ping S56 and I must first say that these are really great irons.  However, in the two weeks I played them, I never once had a shot that left me with the same feeling as the Mizunos.  After two weeks I took the Mizzies for another fling and immediately remembered what I was missing.  That night i ordered some more Mizzy blades.  MP68's this time.

Also, the hybrid and FM also have not panned out as well as I had hoped.  I hit them just fine but there are other clubs that I hit better and more consistently.  So I will still be doing a new what's in the bag, it just will not be the same stuff I thought it would be a couple of weeks ago.

I'm finally content with a gap filler I've been searching for for a LOOOOONG time.  The gap was between my 13* 3 wood and my 21* hybrid.  I filled it with an Adams Super LSP off the tour van in 18* and shafted it up with a KBS hybrid in S flex tipped 1&9/16".  STOKED at how well it worked and how well I hit it.  Finally have a 235-240 club I can hit with full confidence.

I'm really hoping that I get the same thing out of my new Covert Tour 3h. I guess I'll just wait and see how the season starts off.

SLDR. It's legit. Added 25 yards in one swing. And straight.

What club did you replace with the SLDR? That's a serious yardage difference!

I had almost the identical club. 10.5 Cobra Amp Cell, Regular shaft. SLDR 460,10.5, Regular Shaft. But they gave me a 50g shaft.

What club did you replace with the SLDR? That's a serious yardage difference!

Cobra Amp Cell, 10.5, Reg

SLDR, 10.5, Reg

I had almost the identical club. 10.5 Cobra Amp Cell, Regular shaft. SLDR 460,10.5, Regular Shaft. But they gave me a 50g shaft.

I got 10 extra yards from 12 more grams. But that's my swing and high fades swing not yours and that's the point of a fitting; there's an ideal fit to maximize each players swing.

I bag to the 800 pros but am not a huge fan. I don't like the size of the heads. I preferred the 825s. I really like the mp 54s. Just right for me. I picked up a set of i20s and first practice session went really quite well. Looking forward to getting to know them a bit better and even to bringing them on the course. These have nippon 950s in them - very nice ball flight for me.