Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NFL playoff time, who is your bet?

Sluggo42

Pats 42-30. Denver's starting corner Harris tears his ACL? Yeah, Brady is gonna shred that D. Manning lives up to his choke artist legacy and Brady moves to 11-4 overall and 3-1 in the playoffs head to head.

Don't care who wins between the Niners and Seachickens. I'll take the Seachickens because Marshawn Lynch is the better back. Right about now is when the 9ers could use Lattimore's power running. Not sure if I'm more annoyed by Harbaugh and the thug Crapernick they have at QB or the new Seachickens fans that are popping up. Did find it funny the Seachicks won't sell tickets to anyone with a Cali zip code.

I didn't hear that, that certainly gives me hope and may tip the scales. I agree Manning is a choke artist and not a cold weather QB, but the Pat's D is a sieve. Luck wasn't great at all last game, his receivers were just wide open all day long.

Pat's offense is definitely ticking though, so it'll be a good game.

As for the Niners, I just cannot see how they can beat the Seahawks, though I really hope they pull it off.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So tell me rookiechicken, you have never heard of limiting ticket sales befor? It's very much the norm. And also rook chick, I take it you're not a bandwagon fan? I'm not either, I was born there. I suppose my teams for life, I'm guessing you do too. I don't see many seahawk bandwagon fans, but down here is SoCal, I see a billion fourtywhiner bandwagon fans.

I wonder how good the pats defense is, choke manning should clarify that for all to see, but I'm leaning the pats way too...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I didn't hear that, that certainly gives me hope and may tip the scales. I agree Manning is a choke artist and not a cold weather QB, but the Pat's D is a sieve. Luck wasn't great at all last game, his receivers were just wide open all day long.

Pat's offense is definitely ticking though, so it'll be a good game.

As for the Niners, I just cannot see how they can beat the Seahawks, though I really hope they pull it off.

Yep, Chris Harris Jr is on IR. They're talking about putting Champ back outside. And in the second half after the injury last week is when the Chargers started working that defense. The Pats D gives up a lot of yards, yes, but they've done okay keeping teams out of the endzone. Bend but don't break. Cold and Peyton don't mix, Brady thrives in the cold.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

So tell me rookiechicken, you have never heard of limiting ticket sales befor? It's very much the norm. And also rook chick, I take it you're not a bandwagon fan? I'm not either, I was born there. I suppose my teams for life, I'm guessing you do too. I don't see many seahawk bandwagon fans, but down here is SoCal, I see a billion fourtywhiner bandwagon fans.

I wonder how good the pats defense is, choke manning should clarify that for all to see, but I'm leaning the pats way too...

Oh I've heard of limiting sales before, but they're doing it to "preserve the 12th man" and "we don't want violence". Makes it much easier to pipe in extra crowd noise when the home crowd is already pretty loud on it's own. Just seems kind of Busch league, but can't say I blame them. That's their major advantage.

I know most teams allocate X amount of tickets to visiting fans. My Birds limited tickets to the playoffs to 10k season ticket holders and they were allowed 2 tickets each. Prepaid before the playoffs started last season. If they didn't advance to certain stages , you got that applied to this season's season tickets. If you didn't renew, you lost that money.

And yes, you might not see many Seachickens fans there, but explain to me why the jerseys are popping up here now in the Atlanta area... When they're having success. And yes, our fans around here suck and are fickle, but if they're around Atlanta, bandwagoners are elsewhere too.

As for me being a bandwagon fan , nah, I had baby pictures taken with a Falcons jersey on.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yep, Chris Harris Jr is on IR. They're talking about putting Champ back outside. And in the second half after the injury last week is when the Chargers started working that defense. The Pats D gives up a lot of yards, yes, but they've done okay keeping teams out of the endzone. Bend but don't break. Cold and Peyton don't mix, Brady thrives in the cold.

I like every word you wrote there

Oh I've heard of limiting sales before, but they're doing it to "preserve the 12th man" and "we don't want violence". Makes it much easier to pipe in extra crowd noise when the home crowd is already pretty loud on it's own. Just seems kind of Busch league, but can't say I blame them. That's their major advantage.

I know most teams allocate X amount of tickets to visiting fans. My Birds limited tickets to the playoffs to 10k season ticket holders and they were allowed 2 tickets each. Prepaid before the playoffs started last season. If they didn't advance to certain stages , you got that applied to this season's season tickets. If you didn't renew, you lost that money.

And yes, you might not see many Seachickens fans there, but explain to me why the jerseys are popping up here now in the Atlanta area... When they're having success. And yes, our fans around here suck and are fickle, but if they're around Atlanta, bandwagoners are elsewhere too.

As for me being a bandwagon fan , nah, I had baby pictures taken with a Falcons jersey on.

Piping in noise? Haha

You mad bro?

I'm not surprised at the bandwagoneers tho, it happens every year because so many people just want to be associated with a winner. But a real fan spends most of their life in true agony, coupled with eternal hope, maintained until the final second their hopes for a particular season is crushed and wrenched from their mind like the Predator wrenching spines from the doomed. We're a pathetic lot really...

Denver-NE will be epic.  Getting Dennard back and having Talib healthy are critical -- and anything that limits Kyle Arrington's snaps will be a huge plus.  Game will be won or lost in the trenches…if the Pats can pressure Manning just enough, and if the Pats can run the ball effectively enough (Denver ain't the Colts!) to make play action a weapon, I like their chances to keep it close.

Who has the ball last????

408491_409832749091689_1208059998_n.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Piping in noise? Haha

You mad bro?

I'm not surprised at the bandwagoneers tho, it happens every year because so many people just want to be associated with a winner. But a real fan spends most of their life in true agony, coupled with eternal hope, maintained until the final second their hopes for a particular season is crushed and wrenched from their mind like the Predator wrenching spines from the doomed. We're a pathetic lot really...

Bro, I was messing with the playoff calculator with 6 games left figuriing out who had to do what if we won out and got to .500 so we made the playoffs.  I never give up hope until we're officially and mathematically eliminated.  LOL.  I've been a Birds fan my whole life, I have a system for dealing with bad seasons.  

On a bright note, my NCAA team hired the new DC today away from FSU.

In The Bag

Keep living in the past RP...

Yes, SF bought a lot of rings last century before they discovered the concept of salary caps.

But I understand grasping at the past for comfort.... It's ok...:o)

I lived near the Bay Area in the 80's. Watching the niners win was unbearable. As were the fair-weather fans. Go Raiders!!!!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

In The Bag

Yeah, I think that should do it. 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

last jets.jpg

1507712_10201975467646285_1083780338_n.jpg

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ok, after a week of 24/7 Seahawks, it's apparent the entire world feels the 49ers are the best team on the planet.

Fortunately, non of the hawks watch that crap.

Going to the Super Bowl will be:

Seahawks vs Payton broncos

That's a wrap

I don't understand that at all. I'm a fan of neither, but it's obvious the Seahawks are the better team. And I don't think it's gonna be close

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I don't understand that at all. I'm a fan of neither, but it's obvious the Seahawks are the better team. And I don't think it's gonna be close

I like your way of thinking!

Well, I don't have a spare golf club lying around RP...., at least one that has any value. I'm not a wealthy guy with hundreds of clubs in my basement.

And ya, if the pats get past the broncos, they will kinda have the home field advantage eh?

Let's let the weekend happen before we get too excited.

And you throwing down the gauntlet of a golf club bet doesnt prove anything to me, I'll still yap as long as the team I support is still in the mix.

Don't be a hater!

I'm gonna say that I don't see how the 9ers or Seahawks win by more than a FG this weekend.  For betting purposes, I'm taking the 9ers +3.5.  That game might be 3-0.  Don't really care who wins.  Don't like either team nor their coach.

As far as Pats-Broncos.  Peyton is getting lucky and hitting a 59* patch of weather.  So he won't go anemic.  That said, Belechik vs Fox, to me, is no contest.  Belechik wins the chess match, IMO, and Brady continues his run of dominance over Peyton.  11-4 all time and 3-1 in the playoffs in the match-up of their teams. Peyton crumbles again and Welker gets to see that Brady is successful with or without him.  No Chris Harris Jr for the Broncos?  Brady will pick on that D.

In The Bag

Whatever RP, if you want to place me in a box based on what you feel defines a fan! then go for it. I don't get goaded into anything based on a strangers snarkish statement, who isn't a fan of either team.

No worries mate- you can call me whatever you want. At the end of the day, you're still a stealers fan and live in pittsberg. I'm a sea chicken fan (for u rook!) who lives in so-cal. We don't know each other so does it really matter? I'm just a visitor in this blog trying to have some fun, and I realize you carry 100 times he weight in here than I do, so I'll just cede this to ya...

Hats off to Denver. Now I'm on pins and needles for the next few hours pulling for the 9ers!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Well, that was a bust.  Denver gave the boys a good ole-fashioned ass whoopin'.  Have to pay off a rather ill-advised bet with my Colorado rep -- told him if the Ponies win I'd treat him to golf anywhere in Colorado.  He picks the Broadmoor...

I was hoping for a cheap muni in Littleton...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hey, great to see ya!!

Happy New Year :)

I put a little wager on the 9ers-

I also put a little wager on the Pats, lol

Have a great season!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

Happy New Year to you also. Here's hoping you end up winning half of your bets!

STX xForm 3, 35"

I took the points and the road teams in both games. They kick that FG earlier and I hit that one , got it Pats +7.5 I got SF plus 4 today.

In The Bag

Looking good at the half. SF defense is no joke. Not counting my chickens, though!

STX xForm 3, 35"

Ah well...

STX xForm 3, 35"

Richard Sherman's reaction after the game = priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like crabtree, that's what you get."

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

OMG, what a game!

Richard Sherman is off the freaking chain.  The league needs corners with a swagger like he has.  I, personally, loved that interview post game.  

In The Bag

I'm patting myself on the back. I picked every playoff game correctly. My scores were off on a couple, but I got the outcomes.

***HighFade The Greek****

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Archived