MYGOLFSPY 2014 - Past & Present & Future

GolfSpy_X

The test facility sounds amazing.  Maybe the first test can be to prove that off the rack clubs with inferior shafts will not keep adding distance year after year after year after year after...you get the point :)

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Thanks for the past. Been very helpful and fun for myself as a regular golfer...The future looks bright for you guys as well...Having said that, I would like to see you guys create a section for products, testing, reviews, etc., that would help benefit a golfer that is in the 10-20 (or above) handicap range, such as myself. Perhaps this means bringing on a few staff members that have a knowledge and love of the game, but simply aren't able to shoot really low scores. In my opinion, it seems that a lot of information is more technical and geared towards those that shoot low scores. Perhaps there is something like what I'm asking for already, I just have not noticed it. I like all the information you have provided, but some product is not realistic for me (i.e. blades).

But overall, great work and keep it going. I always look forward to seeing new products, no matter what skill level.

No apologies necessary, the site just continues to get BETTER!

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

This is the only golf forum in which I am still an active member. My seat belt is buckled and I am ready for the ride. 

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

awesome news, can't wait to see all the changes that will happen in 2014. i always visited this site and read the forums, but wasn't an active member until recently - seems like i joined at the right time! can't wait to see what the testing facility will look like.

love the new logo design as well, all the best in 2014!!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

Love the site and the the writers and can't wait to see what you have in store for us! Seems like almost every week someone says, "Hey, you haven't sent me a link to a good golf review or story in a while, what's up?" and I say, "mygolfspy.com!! It's out there, go get it!"

• Like 1

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

Everybody at MGS does such a great job.  Really looking forward to MGS in 2014.

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

MGS - I was pretty taken aback when I opened my e-mail and read the initial sentences from you and heartened when the thoughts continued.

Part of me is incredibly ashamed, part of me hates that I have disappointed you guys and part of me wants to apologize.  But, I don't believe much in apologies or sorries.  If you say you are going to do something in my world you do it.  If not, shut up and stop talking.  I don't want to build a reputation on what I talk about doing, I want it built on what I do. 

While not a frequent contributing poster / member, the info from your site has lead me, much to the delight of the major/minor oem's. to purchase equipment based on your exhausting reviews 

In addition your Fantasy Golf sponsorship, which I cleaned up on 3 years ago, is my crack. I can't begin too tell you what I had to go through while on the road to find an internet connection so that I could make or change my team and to also not miss a week.

Wishing you continued success in 2014 and thanks for thinking that you need to set the bar even higher.

By the way - Six Sigma sound familiar ?

Happy New Year - Rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Sounds exciting. Looking forward to 2014.

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell3 wood: Cobra Fly Z3/4 Hybrid: Cobra BafflerIrons: Ping G25 5 - SWfLW: Titleist Vokey 58Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Sounds exciting! Particularly the part about opportunities to join the MyGolfSpy team in some capacity. 350+ days of sunshine here annually, in case you're looking for somewhere to set up the testing facility... ;)

• SPY VIP

Thanks for the past. Been very helpful and fun for myself as a regular golfer...The future looks bright for you guys as well...Having said that, I would like to see you guys create a section for products, testing, reviews, etc., that would help benefit a golfer that is in the 10-20 (or above) handicap range, such as myself. Perhaps this means bringing on a few staff members that have a knowledge and love of the game, but simply aren't able to shoot really low scores. In my opinion, it seems that a lot of information is more technical and geared towards those that shoot low scores. Perhaps there is something like what I'm asking for already, I just have not noticed it. I like all the information you have provided, but some product is not realistic for me (i.e. blades).

But overall, great work and keep it going. I always look forward to seeing new products, no matter what skill level.

Hi, my name is Dave. Double-capping at your service...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Why apologize? Lol. The guys here don't need the apology. We realize it's a process. Keep pushing forward and I'm sure no one here will be disappointed.

And the question now becomes where's the test facility gonna be? West coast, Midwest, south, southeast? Lol

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Looking forward to this year,  can't say 2013 was a down year in my opinion though.  There always seemed to be new info on the site that was worth reading. 

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm not going anywhere. I came to learn more about golf equipment and got so much more, friends, won some equipment, know what it's like to be fit like a pro. Hopefully I've contributed some as well. Here's to a banner 2014!

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Very exciting news, indeed. Much like what has already been said above, I used to read GOLF and GD before I found MGS. I think that MGS has helped many of us realize what being dedicated to bringing real news, information, testing data, etc., to the golfer and golf consumer REALLY means. I appreciate the fact that MGS has consistently demonstrated this dedication. Looking forward to the new year!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"