GolfSpy_X

MYGOLFSPY 2014 - Past & Present & Future

Our Sponsors

A)  No apologies needed.  I did think the number of individual club reviews decreased a bit this past year, but thought the content throughout the year was still interesting and compelling.

2)  Looking forward to the new changes for 2014.

III)  Would love to help out with reviews/input as needed throughout the year.  Although I don't post much, I definitely visit the site daily (multiple times to be honest...).

Best of luck!

I've been viewing this website for only about a year, so I didn't think there was anything even remotely disappointing about the site.

But it really sounds like you are working even harder to make things better.

Those changes you mentioned sound great.

I've been a member for a few years now and I have never been disappointed with what MGS has to offer.  I am though very excited to see what is planned for 2014 and beyond.  Keep up the great work and good luck! 

Well I have been here since day 1 and have always liked the different approach MGS took when starting this website forum .The biggest was deciding to not be like every other golf forum. That said I would like to see possibly a  Podcast channel that  could actually show some of what really physically goes into all the different testing aspects, in addition to what has already been done on the blog. . I think once you get the LAB ( testing facility)  up and running, you can have  video of all the tests performed along with interviews of industry leaders and inventors would be an excellent addition to the site. I know it's been talked about before but i believe video and live interview where site members can participate makes a big difference. It's being done by some OEM's  but I feel thee are lots of topics that haven't been covered, example all the different steps it takes to actually put any golf product into production, We could have interviews from A to Z  with key players in the designing and development golf equipment. I'd love to be part of that process. Obviously the social media side of the golf business is changing rapidly and has really grown immensely in the last year.  I realize all these things take money or sponsorship to run a top tier program so i'm not sure how many things can actually become reality, but I can see having video at a testing facility as something that can generate lots of topics and stories without too much expense besides a decent camera and a couple guys who are good operating the camera from both sides. i'm sure others will have some great ideas to move the site forward. Also i along with others feel there's no need for apologies, there's always going to be some bumps in the road. Good luck going forward and if I can help at all don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

How do you operate a camera from both sides? Lol. Sorry had to bust your balls on that one. Carry on

I like what you guys have been up to and the future looks even rosier. Been hanging around golf forums for 14 years and that included being a moderator at one place with some friends of mine. One constant in the 14 years there always seemed to be the village idiot and some places there were many; here I have yet to see anyone who would hold this postion down. Congratulations on keeping this place clean of these types.

Keep up the good work guys!

• Like 1

How do you operate a camera from both sides? Lol. Sorry had to bust your balls on that one. Carry on

I think that's called the old "reach around."

I think that's called the old "reach around."

I'll have some.
  • Like 1

You know what I meant Mr. RB7...lol

All of this info sounds great!  I'm really interested in the testing facility.  I think it'd be cool to do like a weekly poll with two groups of clubs.  Members can vote for a "Group A" driver/fairway/hybrid/iron to go up against a "Group B."  Perhaps the top three receiving votes from each group can have a featured showdown?

It'll also be great to read/watch more peer/staff reviews.  I was fortunate enough to test some shafts for the community, and I'd love to have more people get the chance to post their thoughts on new and yet-to-be released equipment from balls to gloves to bags and clubs.

I don't recall how I found MGS but I've been here every day since. Thanks guys. One thing if I may.... With the new site please don't follow taylormade down their Hack Golf road. This is a fun, informative and serious golf site. Carry on and live well my friends.

• Like 1

I especially enjoyed this post because Adam's comments indicate that the site's future was in a level of uncertainty. Moving into the testing facility was a big leap of faith that could've gone horribly wrong because I know how expensive those types of places are to keep open. Way to bet on yourself and come up all 7's!

Now here we are entering year 5 of phase 2 and I'd say you checked off all 6 of your goals and then some.

So what's next? Seems like that beta test would be the start of 'phase 3' hmmm?

And about those those staff openings? Check out these awesome foreshadowing posts as they're currently hunting for more staff as we speak:

Sounds exciting, can't wait.

I'm giddy!!

Where is the testing facility located?

Hi, my name is Dave. Double-capping at your service...

Sent from #throwbackthursday
  • Like 1

Do to the cold weather....  " All Beta Testing will be done in MAUI."   Then I woke up.  Although I am very excited about this endeavor. 

• Like 2

Do to the cold weather.... " All Beta Testing will be done in MAUI." Then I woke up. Although I am very excited about this endeavor.

If you need someone to help in Maui let me know. I'm going crazy with the weather here in Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1