Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ping Anser Forged (Pics)

GolfSpy_X

I was supposed to try these babies out today.

My trip to the Philippine capital got canceled.

The pro who has them in the bag says they are quite playable.

I am going before the end of the month so review will have to wait. He has the AWT shafts in them.

My first thought on them is very positive. I was thinking they'd be a little more blade-ish, but I like 'em, so far.

Looking forward to your impressions upon hitting them.

Funny how my living in Phoenix, the home of PING, has no effect on access to the new PING products. I don't think that this is what Karsten saw for PING's future, but we'll never know. He was very innovative in most aspects of his business, so maybe it would have been his vision, ?

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

Is that some kind of weight in the back of the sole???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

PING rep was in our Golf Galaxy store this week... Gave us the confirmation that the Anser Forged are a 'GO' in the U.S.

Also said Forged Wedges are on the way as well.

Sounds great, right!

Downfall: Rep said Anser Forged for the traditional 8 club set is going to run you the Rapture V2 range.... $1,400 or so for these puppies.

Granted, that is what he is saying.... what the official pricing will be is yet to be determined, but................ <_>

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

yes one word AWESOME love the looks lefty available>?

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • Guests
Guest MyBluC4

Are these sticks forged in China and assembled in Japan, or are they a pure Japanese forging? Also, since this is a new design, how were the shafts selections developed? Should one trust the AWT shafts or opt to customize with something like the Nippon 950's?

Thanks.

Is that some kind of weight in the back of the sole???

Looks like a Tungsten insert that other companies are going to adjust where the CG is. Again, just my speculation.

I sent these to my uncle to look at, as he's been a Ping man since the word go. He's about to buy new clubs and I had to tell him he might want to hold off and see about these. He's been playing his ISIk's for about a decade with the occasional Ping refurb or the occasional replacing of a club here or there by ordering from Ping.

He tried the S56's a while back and couldn't get them tofeel right at +1/2" and Silver dot.

He's very intrigued by these and hopefully since he loves hitting my forged irons these will fit the bill for him and his Ping infatuation. He likes every iron set I've had and how they feel but always says he can't pull the trigger on anything. These are similar to his ISI's in shape but hopefully will have that buttery forged feel for him so he'll stop asking to hit my irons every time I build a new set when we're on the range.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hit these at golf fest in vegas. They are a lot like the i15. Very very nice. Sweet satin finish and super good feeling.

PING rep said there are a limited run of 500 in the states is i think the number he said.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

they hit very nice.. smooth feeling - like you assume from a good forged club. looks- yep form a distance - i15 ish.. lighter colore. brushed satin look. slightly wider sole does put these to use for any level golfer i think. my set just landed and of course debatingon putting some KBS proto's in them.. :lol: satin shafts will just have the set look nasty. hit them plenty earlier in the summer. friend picked up a set in japan. and thus every time he came to hit balls. i was all over his bag!

--

Ken Husvar

手元ã«ã‚ã‚‹å‹åˆ©

Archived