Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Nike TW 14' Nike iD Shoes

SPY ZINGER

Nike TW 14' - iD

IMG_4079.JPG

The Fast Tee Box Conversation Version

The TW 14' shoes are now available in Nike iD.  They're $46 more ($225), and you can customize the colors, waterproofness, and spike system to your liking.  Unlike previous TW models, they incorporate Nike's Flywire technology for stability control.  You'll need these if you're into personalization and customization.

The Five Hour Round Version

Tiger's 2014 shoes aren't new.  In fact, Nike released the "Free" inspired TW 14' golf shoes during the spring of 2013 (Click here for Golfspy Tony's article). This release was the first golf shoe available for custom order under their Nike iD program.  I realize that most of you are familiar with Nike iD.  It's been around for some time, and I have ordered several pair from this program over the years.  However, if you've been living in a remote cave or simply don't wear shoes to golf [like AngryGolfHulk,] I'll give you a brief overview.

IMG_4060.JPGIMG_4061.JPG

Nike iD is a platform where consumers can log onto the Nike website and customize multiple sections of the TW 14' shoe.  You begin by selecting from 9 base color options.  From there, you can navigate about the shoe detailing exactly how you want your customized TW 14' shoe to look.  Nike provides consumers with two (upper) shoe options, “waterproof” and “breathable”.  In both options, you can further select from traditional spikes, or fixed-spike soles.  Shoes ordered from Nike iD take about five weeks to receive.  All of this fancy Nike customization comes at a price.  The TW 14' shoes from Nike iD retail at $225, about $46 dollars more than the standard retail varieties of the same shoe.

IMG_4063.JPGIMG_4064.JPG

I logged on to the Nike website, and ordered a pair of the TW 14's just like any other consumer would.  I found myself designing a bunch of different options that I liked.  One base color that I really like that is rarely offered as an option is, gray.  I like this option in a golf shoe because it looks good with a wide range of apparel colors.  I was happy to see this was a base color option, and as you can see, I designed the shoes around gray.

IMG_4065.JPGIMG_4070.JPG

There is a general consensus among shoe critics since Nike started designing shoes under the name of their flagship athlete.  TW golf shoes are among the most comfortable in golf.  They're built on the "Free" running shoe platform.  Nike explains, this technology allows your feet to move more freely and naturally.  It's relatively the same concept as other “barefoot” platform shoes, but with a twist; they're much more comfortable.  They are about the most comfortable, and best feeling shoe, right out of the box. 

IMG_4067.JPGIMG_4075.JPG

What's new in the not-so-new, TW 14' shoes?  The most major advancement is the incorporation of the Flywire technology.  Flywire is lightweight and durable cables imbedded into the sides of the shoe.  It's designed to hug the foot for stability and control during the swing.  Another aspect of the shoe I appreciate is the rubber wrap around on the toe area.  I really believe this is a critical feature for a shoe since on every shot, you're digging the toe area into the ground.  This feature saves on the upper wear and ultimately the longevity of the shoe.

IMG_4070.JPGIMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4071.JPGIMG_4074.JPG

At a $46 premium, the TW Nike iD is something you don't need, but something you'll want.  There is just something cool about having the ability to customize a product exactly how you want it. It's a bit surprising that it took Nike this long to offer a golf shoe in Nike iD.  Now that it's available, I can see myself prioritizing a Nike shoe selection based on their offerings in Nike iD.  Check them out, and if nothing else, play around with the color options, it's rather enjoyable.  My advice, before dropping $225 on these, head to your nearest Nike retailer, and try on the shoes.  They do fit true to size in every way, but for peace of mind, do it nice, or do it twice.

IMG_4076.JPGIMG_4083.JPG

Posted Image

Very nice set of shoes Zinger. Now I have to go design my own pair on their website.

Will you be doing a follow up on these after some time with them?

I will however, and unfortunately, it's -20 here today with a windchill at -50!  Probably a little while before I get on the course with them.

Way too conservative!

Just like my fiscal policies. 

Posted Image

I'm ordering a pair of these. Just as soon as I can settle on a colorway

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

What's your top two base colors right now Theoo?

Grey and royal blue

Also a pair that's all volt and white

832196708.png?1389069259

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I am still gaming my TW '13's.....You are right Spy Zinger, they are the most comfortable shoes on the golf course.  I even prefer them to my Ecco Streets.

However, after looking at the Nike ID with NO replaceable cleats....think I will forego the custom options and stick with the cleated version.  I like to be able to dig in with my feet.

Thanks much for the review!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am still gaming my TW '13's.....You are right Spy Zinger, they are the most comfortable shoes on the golf course.  I even prefer them to my Ecco Streets.

However, after looking at the Nike ID with NO replaceable cleats....think I will forego the custom options and stick with the cleated version.  I like to be able to dig in with my feet.

Thanks much for the review!

They do have replaceable spikes as an option

Thanks Theo.......maybe I can design a pair in UK Wildcat Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's never too late JB.

Here is contest winner announced today from Nike Golf.  Tiger will wear these in competition.

-------------

Winning Nike TW'14 Shoe Design Announced 

-Tiger selects his favorite design out of thousands of entries-

BEAVERTON, Ore. (January 7, 2014) - To celebrate the first Nike Golf shoe available for customization on NikeiD, the Nike TW'14, Nike asked consumers to unleash their creativity to dream up a pair of TW'14 shoes suitable for a 14-time Major champion. After receiving thousands of entries Tiger selected his favorite design. 

The winning shoe, designed by Dane Thompson (@DaneJThompson), a big golf fan from Iowa, has a patriotic theme for what he deemed a big year for Tiger. Thompson designed the shoe with a white leather upper, blue midsole, and red Nike Swoosh, Nike Flywire and lace highlights. The shoe's inspiration was to support team USA in the upcoming Olympics and the 2014 Ryder Cup, as well as support Tiger in red, white, and blue at the 2014 US Open. 

Aside from the pride of designing Tiger's favorite customized Nike TW'14 shoe, Thompson will have his design worn by Tiger on Tour in the early part of the 2014 season. Also, Thompson will receive a pair of the Nike TW'14 he designed.

-1.jpg

Posted Image

I don't want to hijack the design aspect of this thread

but has anyone sported these bad boys on the course? If so, how do they feel as well as how do they compare to other types of shoes you wear? I've been a big fan of Trues but they look goofy at times with the wide toe box. I started wearing the puma faas lites (due to the zero drop/barefoot-ish design) and like them alot. Are these Nikes along the same line? I don't know too many guys wearing these so if you got them, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I tried these on last year and thought of them to be the worst golf shoes I've ever tried on (worse than a brand new pair of classics).0 kind of hard to remember exacts but... Something about the way my heel sat in the shoe was very off putting. It sucks too because I really do like nike's apparel and shoes a lot but these tw's were horrendous. Maybe this series is different.

I don't want to hijack the design aspect of this thread

but has anyone sported these bad boys on the course? If so, how do they feel as well as how do they compare to other types of shoes you wear? I've been a big fan of Trues but they look goofy at times with the wide toe box. I started wearing the puma faas lites (due to the zero drop/barefoot-ish design) and like them alot. Are these Nikes along the same line? I don't know too many guys wearing these so if you got them, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

I use both. Faas Lite feel lighter and are more comfortable. TW14 are tight, a lot tighter than you'd expect when you see them. Faas Lite is truly a different concept, TW14 is a different take on a running-shoe-style golf shoe.

I've got Adidas adizero, ECCO Biom Zero, ECCO Street, Nike Lunar, Nike TW13, Nike TW14, FJ Icon +++...you get the point. When I practice and play I wear Faas Lite. Looking forward to getting a new color or two soon.

• 1 month later...

It's never too late JB.

Here is contest winner announced today from Nike Golf.  Tiger will wear these in competition.

-------------

Winning Nike TW'14 Shoe Design Announced 

-Tiger selects his favorite design out of thousands of entries-

BEAVERTON, Ore. (January 7, 2014) - To celebrate the first Nike Golf shoe available for customization on NikeiD, the Nike TW'14, Nike asked consumers to unleash their creativity to dream up a pair of TW'14 shoes suitable for a 14-time Major champion. After receiving thousands of entries Tiger selected his favorite design. 

The winning shoe, designed by Dane Thompson (@DaneJThompson), a big golf fan from Iowa, has a patriotic theme for what he deemed a big year for Tiger. Thompson designed the shoe with a white leather upper, blue midsole, and red Nike Swoosh, Nike Flywire and lace highlights. The shoe's inspiration was to support team USA in the upcoming Olympics and the 2014 Ryder Cup, as well as support Tiger in red, white, and blue at the 2014 US Open. 

Aside from the pride of designing Tiger's favorite customized Nike TW'14 shoe, Thompson will have his design worn by Tiger on Tour in the early part of the 2014 season. Also, Thompson will receive a pair of the Nike TW'14 he designed.

attachicon.gif-1.jpg

Just a follow-up to this, Tiger is wearing these shoes at the Honda this week.  Here is the press release:

Tiger Woods Wears Winning TW '14 NIKEiD Shoe Design 

- Woods laces up in the custom red, white and blue shoes for the first round of the Honda Classic -

BEAVERTON, Ore. (February 27, 2014) – Keep an eye on Tiger Woods' feet today – he's sporting something a little brighter than normal for the first round of the Honda Classic.

Woods will be walking the course in a pair of custom Nike TW '14 shoes featuring the red, white and blue motif that the 14-time Major champion chose last month out of thousands of submissions as the winning design in the TW '14 NIKEiD contest. The designer, Dane Thompson, was inspired to incorporate patriotic colors to cheer on team USA in the Winter Olympics and the 2014 Ryder Cup, as well as in support of Woods at the 2014 U.S Open. 

Thompson's design boasts a white leather upper, blue midsole and red Nike Swoosh, Nike Flywire and laces. In addition to seeing his design on the world's top-ranked player in competition, Thompson also received a pair of custom Nike TW' 14 shoes signed by Woods.

The TW'14 is the first Nike Golf shoe to become available for customization on NIKEiD.

Posted Image

Archived