TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy - TaylorMade LOFT UP+ Experience

• SPY VIP

Apparently there's a few guys running around with tighter than average pants and threatening to wet themselves, if I don't spill the beans, so I figured it was about time I made an official announcement of sorts.

While the majority of the MyGolfSpy staff is toiling away walking isles at the PGA show, 8 MyGolfSpy members led by our own ManBearPig will be heading off to very sunny (it only rains when I'm there) San Diego to spend 3 days or so with the team at TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

Those MyGolfSpy Forum Members are:

ManBearPig 

GolfSpy WD 

Mr. Theoo (I don't know how many Os there are supposed to be)

JBones

Dru_

WalkerJames

High Fade

Hckymeyer

God help TaylorMade.

While the itinerary is probably not 100% final, here are some of the highlights of the trip:

Sunday 

• Flights arrive, dinner with members of the TaylorMade team.

Monday

• VIP fitting at the TaylorMade Kingdom (Metalwoods/irons). Personalized bags will be waiting.
  • Members of the TaylorMade R&D team will be on-hand to answer questions.
  • Tour TaylorMade HQ
  • Attend Loft Up+ Experience (I have no idea what that means). Talk with TaylorMade's  Tour Staff
  • Dinner

Tuesday

• Roundable discussion with TaylorMade metalwoods team.
  • Tee Times LaCosta Resort (TaylorMade Team members with each group/play with your new clubs)
  • Dinner

Wednesday

• Arrive at Torrey Pines
  • TaylorMade Tour Truck Experience (EVERYTHING at TaylorMade is an experience)
  • Watch Practice Rounds
  • Get ye ass on a plane and go home.

It probably goes without saying that this should prove to be an awesome experience. That said, we hope this won't turn into a completely wide-eyed fluff trip. If it does, I'm fairly certain the boss will never let me book another one for you guys.

Do us proud, boys. 

I know that many of you...some of the guys going...some of you that aren't, have questions, concerns, and pre-conceived notions about TaylorMade, their products, and their business model. Don't be shy to bring those up. This is an amazing opportunity to have questions answered by the guys who create (and market) the products. 

Think the Speed Pocket is BS?...ask about it. Think SpeedBlade distance comes from loft jacking and long shafts?...ask about it. Think SLDR is an ultra-low MOI, unforgiving ****** of a driver?...ask about it. Think...well, you get the point.

The experience will be what our members make of it, and I'm publicly, right here, right now, asking that they absolutely make the most of it. It will be fun, but treat it like a learning opportunity. I'm certain Blade will attest to the value in that.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much MGS and Taylormade I truly can't wait.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Whoa that's awesome! Congrats you guys! You will enjoy every minute of it! And yea, ask a lot of questions. Enjoy it. My trip went way too quick.

The only bummer for me now is not having the weather to play my new gear. I want to do some reviews but haven't spent enough time with what I got from Cobra.

I may or may not have stopped dancing with joy yet

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I might have to have more than one camera, and a couple of tablets to take notes on. 

I gotta be straight up about this.  A couple of years ago Disney ran an ad where the kids couldn't sleep because the were too excited, then the dad whispers that he can't sleep, he's too excited. 

Yeah, I'm *that* guy right now. I'm putting down questions to ask, and well, just itching to get out there and soak up every bit of knowledge I can. We get to spend a couple of days amongst a group of people that make this place so enjoyable, among another group of people that get paid to live and breathe golf.  

#MGSNerdvana incoming.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Wow.  Just WOW!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Bucket list:

Get fit at the Kingdom

I'm still pinching myself and my wife is already sick of hearing about all the things we will be doing.  Thanks MGS!!  We'll do you proud!

If anyone else has questions you want asked post them here and we'll compile them and take them along.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Agree with all of the above.  Especially a HUGE thanks to MGS and TM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If anyone wants me/us to get info from TM, post it here, and if I'm not too busy peeing myself, I/we will send it along.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Oh man this is incredible. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous but I also know that all of these guys will do us proud. Congrats and we will look forward to hearing about the experience. My half day with the TMag guy was the best part of my MGS prize package a while back.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Huge thanks to MGS!

TM is smart. It's like a condom company asking us to try their product. Just to make sure we get the experience, Gisele Bundchen will help us with the trial.

I'm beyond excited. Seems to me TM is going backwards from standard fittings, which is find loft, then reduce spin. With the sldr, they start with low spin and add lift to increase it. I also want to ask about the change in pocket shape and why they advertise all their metal woods as low spin when amateurs have trouble getting fw woods up in the air.

That's about as serious as I can get right now. Cannot contain myself!

Do us all proud guys, and congratulations!!!

Hckymeyer, I will buy you a bag big enough to fit me if you let me come along. I will not be giving you a ride to the airport though, that's just too cruel.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I'm interested in asking how they fit their pros. Is it more on if it feels good to them then they tweak the specs to get the right distance ect. Or are they all about getting as close to perfect numbers on LM

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm really curious how often pros get fit too.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

WOW! that sounds absolutely amazing!! congrats guys!! i can't wait to see all the write ups/twitter feeds when you're all down there for this!! have FUN!

Looking forward to seeing all your gear in person later in the year MBP ;) we have to play more this year!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

• SPY VIP

Have a great time you guys!

I live in this damn state and I haven't played Torrey Pines yet!

Now I can look at your photos and be pissed I'm not there along with being pissed about missing the PGA show.

#doublepissed :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

That is an absolutely amazing experience guys.  Pictures and videos will be greatly appreciated.  Can't wait to here about everything the guys at TMaG have to say.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

Awwwweeessssssommmmmmmeeeeeee. Cannot wait to read these write ups

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Guys one piece of advice, and I'm being really serious. Sit down for an hour or so before you leave, or on the plane ride out and organize your thoughts and questions. It's so easy to forget that once you get there because your minds will be fast clouded with cool.

What I mean by that is, you'll be overwhelmed with the environment and first time there that you'll forget how to ask those critical questions you do here. You'll also forget to ask the things you've always wondered or wanted to know. Enjoy the experience yes, but really get the most out of it having access to some of the most brilliant guys in golf.

Arrange your thoughts, think about what the guy reading these posts would want to know that does not get to go and be there. And by all means, for the love of hotmelt, don't WRX us. "It's just so cool, everyone is so great, we had dinner and it's just wow ." People pay $5K just for the Kingdom fitting alone. Embrace it, but make the absolute most of getting everything you can out of it.

Investigative Reporter it.

Posted Image

Great advice.  I am dead serious about taking notes.  I started typing up questions to ask last night. And will have my tablet, and probably an extra tablet with me if one of the other guys wants to use it for the trip. 

This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be passed up or overlooked. 

The chance to do this is something that T and gang are incredible for even offering up, and I personally am thrilled to get a chance to talk to that staff about the speed pocket, and the concepts behind the SLDR which are almost opposite Of the message we are getting from the industry on the whole.

Even the name, Loft UP+, is a very different message, and while Taylormade has a long history of being able to sell their message, this one is such a departure from the message we have heard for the last several years that I for one an looking forward to getting the scoop from the horses mouth as it were.

For me personally, this is going to be interesting since I currently play a low loft specifically to combat high spin from my negative AOA. 

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Zinger, excellent post. Thanks, we'll all do our best to make all of you proud.

For T or Zinger or Keith or anyone else who's been to something like this, what are some of the more intersting questions you've heard asked? I really like Sean's question.

Other things that have come to mind are how they feel the sldr will compare to the big Bertha alpha and are they holding back some adjustability? Or how have they felt their drivers have improved incrementally since the r7 or r9?

How many questions will we reasonably have a chance to ask? I can go all day.

I could say I'm jealous. Could also say that I hate all of you. Could even say that you guys will all be miserable with all the swag you're gonna get.

But I won't, lol. Instead I'll say congrats... And volunteer to do one whenever they need another round of MGSers and hopefully get to go with Richard, Rick, Rev, Colt, Tony, and whomever else they can fit in. Just the first few that popped in my head that I think would be fun to sit back and listen to them talk. Lol.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived