Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MyGolfSpy - TaylorMade LOFT UP+ Experience

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh. And why don't they offer what the pros actually play as a custom order option? Tour van stuff is stupidly difficult to get for most people.

I wonder if that's what this new Tour Preferred line is as opposed to just calling it TP. Maybe they're getting away from the tour issue stuff because they are seeing that 1. We want what the pros play and 2. This new technology actually benefits us all

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've got to tell you that I'm pumped for you guys. I particularly like WDs analogy and I'm a preacher. In this case it fits. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did I say thank you yet? Yeah? Well, I will again.

THANK YOU MGS AND TM !!!!!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Wow! Great opportunity guys!! Hope u have a blast, look forward to reading about it!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Oooh. And why don't they offer what the pros actually play as a custom order option? Tour van stuff is stupidly difficult to get for most people.

Most of that traditionally had to do with CG location, and face angle. If too much of that gets into the market place, the average hack has no business playing it.   They'd hit drives that would simply fall out of the sky and go nowhere.  People with then correlate that with the head or brand as being a poor performer.

One question I would want to know relates to "Loft Up"  The SLDR isnt new this year.  It came out last summer.  But suddenly, now it's the year of the loft, and you need to loft up.  Why wasn't this made clear during the launch?  My guess is, they discovered low and forward was specific to a pretty low subset of players that made consistent center contact on the face.  To address low and forward and the decrease in MOI, you have to loft up to make up for the bad strikes on the face.

Posted Image

Probably right about marketing. 25 handicapper picks up a tour club and can't hit it, so it MUST be a bad club. But it would be nice to get my hands on some better clubs. Most of the time I'm good with stuff off the rack, but there are times when I don't need the same equipment as a 25 would want.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Well I understand the loft up thing. One, most guys don't play enough without getting fit. But this is more about low forward cg. That reduces spin from the added gear effect meaning you can use more loft than with other drivers without the spin getting too high. I do know it works. But it is at the sacrifice of MOI. So I would be very curious about the performance on off center strikes. On a center strike, high or low MOI doesn't matter. On less than perfect strikes though, will the lower MOI on SLDR compared to other drivers be noticeable, or is it not enough difference to be an issue?

I wish I had had a better idea of what to expect and be a little prepared for my trip. It sounds like you guys will have that chance. The best part is you guys get to hang out there with some buds. That will make it that much more fun.

Just writing down some more questions I want to ask...

How do you decide what the stock shaft in a club is going to be?

Where does the design of a club start?  It is tweaking an existing design vs starting fresh?  It is objective based (i.e. we want a lower spinning head, or a higher launching head) or do you pick something visually appealing and tweak the internals to get the desired result.  I guess  it comes down to designing inside out, or outside in?

Are we maxed out on adjustability in drivers? 

We've recently gotten adjustable metal woods, counter weighted putters and slotted irons, In which clubs will the next big innovation come in?

What is the most common request from tour pro's in regards to their equipment?

Not sure if this one's kosher but... Where will Adams golf be in 5 years?

Still working on more questions, but that's the start of my list.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Congratulations on the opportunity gentlemen!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Holy $hit !!!!  How did I miss this ????  Congrats Fellas !.  Looking at the the Guest list, Does TMaG know what there getting themselves into?  hahahahaha  We want lots and lots of video......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Wow! That sounds amazing! What a great team as well, all deserving! Can we request some video footage of JBones and Mr Theoo doing a celebration dance with their new TMaG gear?

On this.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Not only is this the trip of a lifetime, but we'll all be together for the AFC/NFC Championships on the 19th (hopefully we have all arrived).  GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Not that any of us really care about football anymore at this point.

The bigger question is will any of us be able to sit still long enough to watch the games.  

I can barely sit still as it is.  It's raining.  it's 40 degrees, and it's all I can do to sit still here at work.  Counting down the days.  I think my wife is ready for me to go so maybe I'll shut up about it around the house.

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Not only is this the trip of a lifetime, but we'll all be together for the AFC/NFC Championships on the 19th (hopefully we have all arrived).  GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Not that any of us really care about football anymore at this point.

Very good point, can't wait to see the Pats head to the Superbowl!

Very good point, can't wait to see the Pats head to the Superbowl!

It's all about my Falcons.   Oh.  Wait.  About that...  Guess I'll just cheer for Peyton, he's an SEC guy.

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Congrats Guys!

Enjoy the trip to San Diego, but be careful not to drink the Taylormade Cool-Aide!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's all about my Falcons. Oh. Wait. About that... Guess I'll just cheer for Peyton, he's an SEC guy.

I'm an eagles fan so it is now basketball season for me lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Congrats guys. This looks like it is going to be super sweet. I'm looking forward to see how they outfit all you guys. I wanna see how they fit the low cappers vs. the high cappers. I also want to see how far jbones hits it once he is perfectly fit. Also, are they going to fit you for putters too? 

I must admit I am quite jealous because the new tour preferred irons look so sweet. I am definitely struggling with obeying the commandment about coveting right now. I am really psyched for you guys though.

Rookie cracked me up with his comment about the next group. Would anyone even be able to get in a word with that crew?

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Rookie cracked me up with his comment about the next group. Would anyone even be able to get in a word with that crew?

That's going to be a tough enough exercise with this one. :D

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I am definitely struggling with obeying the commandment about coveting right now. 

Think I broke that commandment and a few others!  This is truly awesome, and sounds like the perfect mix of guests.  Guarantee everyone one at the Kingdom will know what MGS stands for after this trip.  Go get 'em guys!!!!

Questions to ask -- from a marketing perspective, what efforts/strategies  do they use to maintain their market share, grow their market share (take customers from other brands) and grow the overall pie- meaning creating a new generation of golfers...

Also, what are their thoughts on customer "loyalty?"   Do they feel most of their customers are strict Taylormade guys" or do they view customers as perpetual free agents who need to be wooed every time they consider buying clubs?

Also from a marketing perspective, they obviously look at the "other guys" as their main competition, but do they view "not golfing" as competition as well?  Do they worry that the new golfer pipeline may not be full and that the overall market of recreational golfers is dwindling?  Is it a fair assessment. or even a valid one,  to say that the golfing population is aging and more new golfers are needed?  

Was there market research that led them to believe that white drivers/FW's/Hybrids would be something the public would jump on?  Conversely, was their market research to show that it was time to change back?

Can you tell I'm in marketing?  These guys are the gold standard - they're playing chess while most of the others are still playing checkers!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Congrats Guys!

Enjoy the trip to San Diego, but be careful not to drink the Taylormade Cool-Aide!

Thanks Foz!

And if the Cool-Aide is free I'm going to have some!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Keep the questions coming! I'm taking notes and we'll try to get in as many as we can.

So far I have questions from Zinger, Blade, and Barbajo (not taking notes of questions from people who are going, they can take care of themselves)

Sweet, I don't have to take notes!! :D

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm slightly OCD... :D

Don't you mean CDO, in proper alphabetical order?

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Archived