Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MyGolfSpy - TaylorMade LOFT UP+ Experience

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, considering that some of the longest hitters I know are also a little wild off the tee, I see a lot of high handicappers that can kill it, but not score low, so I'm not ruling HF out.  Only one I'm ready to rule out is myself.  I doubt my 102-108 SS with massive spin conditions will put me in the running, but that's fine. I just wanna get out there, learn everything I can, shoot an 88, and not embarrass myself or MGS :)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Well, considering that some of the longest hitters I know are also a little wild off the tee, I see a lot of high handicappers that can kill it, but not score low, so I'm not ruling HF out.  Only one I'm ready to rule out is myself.  I doubt my 102-108 SS with massive spin conditions will put me in the running, but that's fine. I just wanna get out there, learn everything I can, shoot an 88, and not embarrass myself or MGS :)

Pretty sure HF is about a 2 capper, lol.

Here ya go.  That's what is was at the end of the season.  I'll be happy to break 80 at La Costa

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Just noticed this.  Totally awesome experience for you guys, totally jealous!  Can't wait for the write-ups, but I'm looking forward mostly to the videos (and photos)!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Hit the rang again for lunch.  Hit the picker twice, and the 140 pin once.  What a good day!

9xrb.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I was going to go with 43, but didn't want to push it.  18?

Wait, are we going with beer's or strokes?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Sounds like WD and HF need to have some sort of wager on Sunday's game.  That is, of course, if you get to see it while in the air!

Go Pats!!!

new-england-patriots-logopatriots-wallpapers-and-pictures-11-items-page-1-of-1-le4fs1vb.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I am a rabid avid Raiders fan, so I could never say I'm rooting for Denver.  But I will say I'm rooting against Brady and Belichick.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Wait, are we going with beer's or strokes?

I think it goes "Give me 43 beers, and I will have a stroke"

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I am a rabid avid Raiders fan, so I could never say I'm rooting for Denver.  But I will say I'm rooting against Brady and Belichick.

Still sore over the Tuck Rule?  Just consider it payback from the phantom "roughing" the passer call in '76.  Ben Dreith stole that one from us!!!   :mad:

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not sure how I missed this either, congrats guys, awesome TM and big ups to the MGS staff for getting such a great crew together. Puctures, pictures, and more pictures!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Sounds like WD and HF need to have some sort of wager on Sunday's game.  That is, of course, if you get to see it while in the air!

Go Pats!!!

I am a rabid avid Raiders fan, so I could never say I'm rooting for Denver.  But I will say I'm rooting against Brady and Belichick.

Oh, I'm sure we can work out a wager.

HF, us Bostonians have a lot of experience with your dilemma. For baseball, our favorite team is the Sox, and our second favorite team is whoever is playing the Yankees. It has nothing to do with the team itself.

Don't remember the game in 76 ( I was 5). But the tuck rule sucked. We woulda lost anyway though

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Don't remember the game in 76 ( I was 5). But the tuck rule sucked. We woulda lost anyway though

That '76 game was a heart-breaker.  Pats hadn't been in the playoffs since forever and were on a roll.  They were up by 4 with about 30 seconds left -- its was 4th and 7 at around the 30 yards line.  Stabler throws and incompletion -- Sugar Bear Ray Hamilton hits him just as he releases the ball and gets called for roughing the passer.  A couple plays later Oakland scores with winning TD and goes on the beat MN in the Super Bowl….

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/0ap2000000113870/Top-Ten-Controversial-Calls-Suger-Bear-penalty

1:05 on the video.  "...hits him as he releases the ball" is one way of looking at it.  Punching the QB in the face is another....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/0ap2000000113870/Top-Ten-Controversial-Calls-Suger-Bear-penalty

1:05 on the video.  "...hits him as he releases the ball" is one way of looking at it.  Punching the QB in the face is another....

I like "…hits him AS he's releasing the ball" better…  

But karma is funny, this stuff evens out.  Even if it took 25 years...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I agree, though I didn't know about 3 woods counting as a driving stat. I looked that stuff up to help counter the marketing speech. TM is really good at this, but I'm always of the opinion it's important to understand current and past technology to put new technology into perspective.

That said, I'm not interested in being the douche who is trying to make TM look bad by throwing these numbers in their face (or asking questions that make them only look good). I kinda realized after I posted that it might look like that. I'm interested in the tech from a very nerdy point of view. As in, why make change X and who does it benefit the most? How do they evaluate the success of a product on tour? And so on.

They do use any tee shot on the 2 holes they actually measure on the course per tournament.  They measure 2 holes with opposing wind directions and that's it.  If the player hits a driver or if he hits a 7 iron off the tee, it counts toward his driving distance number (as well as his accuracy number).  PGA Tour stats can be somewhat misleading.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

They do use any tee shot on the 2 holes they actually measure on the course per tournament.  They measure 2 holes with opposing wind directions and that's it.  If the player hits a driver or if he hits a 7 iron off the tee, it counts toward his driving distance number (as well as his accuracy number).  PGA Tour stats can be somewhat misleading.  

Interesting, thanks for the tidbit.

That's for official driving distance. Somewhere out there are shot link numbers for very shot but you still don't know what club was hit.

The tour tries very hard to find holes where driver is the club of choice.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Oh BTW, La Costa is kind of a black hole for Verizon. I had a poor signal the whole time. I tried to post some pics to Twitter and it sat there trying to upload for 20 minutes. I finally gave up. Tony had T-Mobile and he had no problem. So depending on what service you have, you may or may not have success posting pics from there. Just a heads up.

Oh BTW, La Costa is kind of a black hole for Verizon. I had a poor signal the whole time. I tried to post some pics to Twitter and it sat there trying to upload for 20 minutes. I finally gave up. Tony had T-Mobile and he had no problem. So depending on what service you have, you may or ma. not have success posting pics from there. Just a heads up.

Perfect, I have Verizon both on my phone and my hotspot :(

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hey blade did the phone work... As a phone?

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Calls and texts were OK. Internet was spotty. Just depends where you're standing. I texted a few pics. But I gave up on Twitter while I was there.

Cool thanks Blade. My wife is 9 month pregnant so having a phone that works is important! LOL!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Archived