Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

ONOFF

Summit23

I think I've heard of it, but nothing more than that. It would be cool to see more Japanese OEMs try to enter the US market.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

• SPY VIP

Pretty wild stuff. As Blake mentioned, we have a couple of guys absolutely lighting it up with the red driver. I haven't really begun to look at the data so I don't know if it will propel it to 1st place overall, but we always hope to find a club or two that absolutely pop for one of our testers. The OnOff definitely has.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

ONOFF are very popular in Japan, but only the guys here in USA who are really into golf equipment  tend to know about ONOFF.  TourSpecGolf.com sell all those types of brands... it's just do you feel like paying those crazy prices. Some will say it's so much better quality that its worth it others will say it's just hype. For me most of the JDM equipment sold to the Japanese public is for the higher handicapper who needs lots of forgiveness and is looking for that magic bullet... longer off the tee. Basically the bigger OEM"s here are taking a page from these JDM companies with longer shafts and tweaked lofts on irons to make people believe they are hitting the ball further. JMO I personally don't like a lot of the irons I've seen as the soles are twice as thick/wide as what I personally play but they work for some.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Pretty wild stuff. As Blake mentioned, we have a couple of guys absolutely lighting it up with the red driver. I haven't really begun to look at the data so I don't know if it will propel it to 1st place overall, but we always hope to find a club or two that absolutely pop for one of our testers. The OnOff definitely has.

So Golfspy T just curious is this ONOFF driver that you are testing is it  USGA approved or is this one of those higher COR drivers? 

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472