TESTERS WANTED! ×

Where would the old fit in with the new?

hckymeyer

I started off thinking with the current golf trend of bright bold colors and styles, what/who would the old guys be wearing if they were young current players.  This kind of morphed into which OEM would fit best with some the greatest golfers of all time.

So pick a famous golfer that isn't currently playing and take a stab at which OEM would fit best.  I'm more about the style that person had and how they played than it is about what they played.

My first pick is Chi-Chi.  I think he would fit in great with Cobra/Puma and if he was young and on tour I see him rocking some pretty bold outfits, but still with the fedora.

So pick your player and tell us where they fit today!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

You probably not old enough to remember Jimmy Demaret but he was the original colorful player. In the age of mostly drab he colorized the sport so to speak. He has long passed away but I can guarantee you he would be as colorful as any of them today. On those same lines I would have to give a tip of the hat to Doug Sanders also. Both of them today would be as colorful as Ian Polter or Brian Gay who in my opinion are the sharpest dressers now

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived