Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Rapture V3

Tess

I recently heard that considering Pings product cycle, we should see the Rapture V3 lineup this fall. Given the success of the G15 line, I'm very curious about how/if Ping can improve on the performance of their drivers.

Any of you spys have information on what's coming down the pipe? I'm looking hard at a G15 driver with a custom shaft but may wait for more news on a V3 Rapture.

Welcome to the boards!!

MGS folks, do you have any super secret info you can share with us??

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

First I would say that the G15 is a great stick...more then meets the eye with this one. One of the best performing drivers we have tested in 2010. In regards to the V3 Ping is one of the best from keeping things away from our spying eyes. But we have put word into to our sources to see what they can come up with for you guys.

Welcome to the boards!!

MGS folks, do you have any super secret info you can share with us??

#TruthDigest

A V3 would be neat to see but I honestly dont't know how Ping could improve any more on the G15 and I15. Both drivers are amazing and the G10 was a great driver.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Thanks for your responses.

I'll look forward to hearing what the MGS members come up with!

Agree that Ping has a strict "Loose Lips" policy in force. Just hope someone at Ping accidently hits the wrong button on their cell phone! haha

• 2 weeks later...

I recently heard that considering Pings product cycle, we should see the Rapture V3 lineup this fall. Given the success of the G15 line, I'm very curious about how/if Ping can improve on the performance of their drivers.

Any of you spys have information on what's coming down the pipe? I'm looking hard at a G15 driver with a custom shaft but may wait for more news on a V3 Rapture.

I've heard that Ping is going to drop the Rapture name and come out with a 'K' Series like a K15.

Fairways and Greens

First I would say that the G15 is a great stick...more then meets the eye with this one. One of the best performing drivers we have tested in 2010. In regards to the V3 Ping is one of the best from keeping things away from our spying eyes. But we have put word into to our sources to see what they can come up with for you guys.

That's been Ping's M.O. with the G series - make drivers that aren't flashy and just plain perform. I wish more OEM's would follow their lead.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

This is part of the reason why PING is always on top of the game... They don't leak stuff to anyone and when they release new equipment, they do it in style. There is a reason why they don't flood the market with Drivers, Irons, Fairways, Rescues like TaylorMade each year..... They want to remain exclusive, and they continue to do so.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

This is part of the reason why PING is always on top of the game... They don't leak stuff to anyone and when they release new equipment, they do it in style. There is a reason why they don't flood the market with Drivers, Irons, Fairways, Rescues like TaylorMade each year..... They want to remain exclusive, and they continue to do so.

Agree 100%. I've always respected Ping because of their stance in the the industry. Now that I'm a new Ping customer (G15's) I find myself more loyal to them than I thought possible at this early stage. From the fitting to ordering to registering and finally playing the equipment, I can't say enough about the experience.

Having said that.....I'm even more anxious to see a spy shot of V3 Rapture/K series!!!

It is PING weekend next weekend at Golf Galaxy. I will work our PING rep (will leave his name to be unknown)... I will push him on a new series of Driver and maybe irons.

So far, he has been hush/hush on the Anser Forged irons.... Word is now that the price tag is going to be in the Rapture V2 range...

Should be interesting on what PING decides for their next Gen driver. THe V2 clubhead is solid. Very hard to improve. We shall see.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• 2 months later...

Tian, Thats what I have heard. But its only speculation... I don't like to speculate... I love pictures and I love proof..

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Archived