Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

odyssey metal x milled

Kor.A.Door

in lieu of my custom putter options i have found some higher end (if thats the correct term) odyssey's that look good

does anyone know anything good or bad about this putter, i am looking at the #9 option, but i havent hear much about the metal x milled version

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It is a very nice putter, it has a stability bar behind the face that gives a more solid feel ay impact. There are interchangeable weights on the sole that are included with the putter. The metal x face pattern is chemically milled directly onto the face rather than it being an insert like the Metal X line, the ovals are meant to get the ball rolling more quickly. The #9 has a higher toe in this line, it is a very solid feeling putter, I like the ability to change the weights for a more customized head feel.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

It is a very nice putter, it has a stability bar behind the face that gives a more solid feel ay impact. There are interchangeable weights on the sole that are included with the putter. The metal x face pattern is chemically milled directly onto the face rather than it being an insert like the Metal X line, the ovals are meant to get the ball rolling more quickly. The #9 has a higher toe in this line, it is a very solid feeling putter, I like the ability to change the weights for a more customized head feel.

i like the idea of the interchangeable weights as well.

my mind is always going, what about the odyssey prototype milled, ive thought about taking that one and stripping it down, torching it, polishing it, put on a custom grip and shoe from BestGrips, and go that route,

either way i will be sending BestGrips some business and have make me a grip and shoe.

The MXM is now on their site, and the #9 is  the high toe model.  Looks sweet.  Loving seeing a #7 versa CS too.  Would like to see an MXM cs as well.

http://www.odysseygolf.com/golf/putters,en_US,sc.html

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

not sure if any of you have seen this, but came across this episode of "Odyssey Talks," a spin off of Callaway Talks i guess!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

• 2 weeks later...

well, after many putters tested and tried, i made a decision. i was at golfsmith today and i had in my hand the ping scottsdale shea H, I did not buy it though, one of the guys i golf with at the club is the regional manager based at the charlotte store, well, he was in the store today, (he is also LH) and i mentioned to him about the metal x milled, because they didnt have any, and he said, we just got some in they are still in the box they just got off the truck, he said let me check to see whats there, they did not get the Lefty #9, but did have some and i got to put a few with one, that putter feels sweet, so i had him order the LH #9 for me it will be here next week. it has the same pattern as the Metal X, but that pattern milled in the face right on, the ball comes off the face incredibly smooth. within about 2 minutes of bringing the one putter out, he sold 2.

the head was still cold from being on the truck, thats how new they were. i cant wait until it comes in.

price is 299. i think the best part is that it is the tour model, its the same as the guys on tour are using, yes a bit pricey but we the public are getting tour quality and detail we dont normally get from the manufacturer. the face has the metal x pattern milled right into it, but it is no where near the same, you dont get that clicky sound, and the feel from the face is different than anything you have ever putted with. if you like the insert then you will love the milled. i will say this, unless you have the 299 in your pocket, dont even take it off the rack. i took 3 putts with a right handed model and could feel the difference in the milled face vs. the insert. no comparison..

waiting another week sucks, but it'll be worth it.

Eh, it's kinda the same putter as the tour guys use. The ones on the tour truck are 1018 carbon and these are 1020 and they're mystery milled on the truck vs the retail MXM name and most of the tour ones are sans sitelines.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Got a chance to putt these today. Love the new line, especially the 9.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

the weather has been pretty good here the last week, i do get to putt, but i really want the new putter to arrive, ialso have an email in to odyssey/callaway with a couple of questions about the putter, still waiting for both, the putter, and the answers. i ordered it at golfsmith, and had them ship to the store so if it was delivered and i wasnt home, well, i think you all understand that. hopefully it shows up soon. in post pics as soon as i can.

golfsmith has the new line in stock, but no LH models. also, many of the new odyssey lines are gripped with the superstroke grips. i did putt with a RH model #9 felt good but its just wrong. i love the feel off the face though, it way different than the metal X insert, and for me feel is essential. everything about my game is feel, and this putter feels good. im hoping to get the email today that it is here, but who knows

Finally received the putter, and just in time, 8 inches of snow one week, and 70 degrees the following week, love the south. Pictures coming soon, I will do that as I update the WIYB thread. Now I just have to talk myself into taking it out of the packaging, it will be new until I do that, I waited almost 3 weeks for it, and now I can't even take the plastic wrap off the head.

played 18 with it today, i gotta say this putter rocks, best golf investment i have made, smooth as butter off the face, exceptional feel, i need to change the weighting, i felt like i had to put too much muscle into the putt, i may just wait though to try that because the greens were very froggy today, so the were very slow. i will probably put the heavier weight in and give it try and then make a decision on which weight i like best.

Archived