TESTERS WANTED! ×

2014 Headwear Thread (Customized by BestGrips)

BestGrips.com

Man I would love to get my hands on the white one MBP posted.

I've gotten new glasses recently and my fav footjoy hat doesnt fit properly any more but it looks like these BBP hats are just what I need xD

Would love to order another white one with the bottom concept that MBP posted :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

His hats are sick. Got them for my golf team this year. LOVE THEM!

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

• 1 month later...

The Custom Headwear Oligarchs are now shaking in their boots! If you aren't following me on twitter (why not?), you missed this breaking news!

The BestGrips Custom Studio, my challenge to competitors to step up and offer more customization with fewer barriers, is getting serious about hats. We have offered FlexFit hats for over a year and recently added the economically and stylishly attractive Cool Comfort. Well, now we are adding the bold Pacific Headwear, country club Imperial, and the old faithful New Era to the mix.

Inventories are not prepared at the moment for a website debut. However, you can always pm, email or call toll free (866 687 2291) to discuss early orders.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

YESSSSS!!! BBP flatbill fitteds for me please  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

YESSSSS!!! BBP flatbill fitteds for me please  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

No. You want to try Pacific Headwear. Bigger sizes. Cooler looks. New Era's cool brother that drives an STI would be the best way to describe it.

4D5GraphiteWhiteL.jpg

4D5BlackRoyalL.jpg

8D5ColumbiaBlueL.jpg

410LWhiteNavyL.jpg

404MColumbiaBlueNavyL.jpg

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

You've got my wheels turning

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

dont see the new hats on the website ?

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

404MColumbiaBlueNavyL.jpg

That's the one!!  How does this model run for sizing and is it fitted?  If fitted is it sized or flexfit?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

dont see the new hats on the website ?

Just got the call yesterday that I had the green light. At the moment, I am a kid in the candy store with a million options in front of me and no clue what to pick. I'm working to what to carry.

That's the one!!  How does this model run for sizing and is it fitted?  If fitted is it sized or flexfit?

This is a sweet hat that comes in about 20 colors. It uses a version of the flex fit that pacific headwear has. I have tried on these hats and they are the most comfortable and stylish hats in the game right now. 7 3/8 in is the middle ground for sizing. Anything over is large. Anything under is a small.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking out the Pacific Headwear we

Just got the call yesterday that I had the green light. At the moment, I am a kid in the candy store with a million options in front of me and no clue what to pick. I'm working to what to carry.

This is a sweet hat that comes in about 20 colors. It uses a version of the flex fit that pacific headwear has. I have tried on these hats and they are the most comfortable and stylish hats in the game right now. 7 3/8 in is the middle ground for sizing. Anything over is large. Anything under is a small.

Just sent you an email about another order.  On the Pacific Headwear website, can you get any of the hats they have listed?  Also is the one you pictured the 404M Trucker Mesh?  I'm digging the 509V Coolsport Visor as well.  Let me know if that's a possibility.

Got your email. If it is listed and is in stock I can order it.

Sweet, sent you the details of my next order.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are three of the four new hat styles on the site: BG Peacemaker, BG Wave, BG Ambassador.

headwear.jpg

• 2 months later...

It has been quite a busy year, but I have finally got around to getting some hats up on the site.

As far as Birdie.Bogey.Par goes, there are now two offerings, a tour visor and a fitted meshback, but more will soon be joining. The BBP line is only going to use the premium headwear options available from pacific headwear. These hats are about twice the cost of the flexfit/newera comparable models and four times as better. 

These option can be found on the BBP page, Birdie.Bogey.Par.

DSC_2306-200x300.jpgDSC_2289-200x300.jpg

In the non-BBP department is a project that I have been working on since I have been playing golf. The golf industry itself is disgusting and being on the retail/manufacturing side will sour you pretty quickly. I was always "butt-hurt" about the fact that you pay full retail for a set of irons or a driver and then pay extra full retail for hat to barrack *insert most hated OEM brand of the moment's name here*.

The DBY Snapback gives you an alternative to this. You choose the hat color, letter or symbol and then customize the colors. No branding. No barracking. No advertising. Just a stylish hat that you customize to your style. Barrack yourself!

I chose a snapback for the original option because it is about as versatile as it comes. You can bend the bill, flatten the bill, curve the bill to your specs and the adjustably fits a broad spectrum of heads. Best yet, the price is $10 ($10 to $25 should be the price range for hats, but that is another story). (end of late night rant!)

Here is one I made for me!

DSC_2304-200x300.jpg

Can't wait for bbp to take off!

Archived