snoopy

Ernie Els' Bag 2014

Just saw this on twitter! Ernie Els' new bag for 2014 after switching over to Adams Golf

Taylormade SLDR

14.5&16 Tight Lies Tours

20&23 9031 Hybs

5-PW XTD Forged

Puglielli 52&60

Yes! Sandy12 Putter

ernie-els-bag-2014.jpg

Wow, 2 FM's and 2 hybrids in a PGA Tour players bag.  And a good player at that.  Not something you see very often. 

No problem!! 

I'm playing the A4OS hybrids from a couple years ago and love them, but I haven't paid much attention to Adams golf clubs since that purchase. With Ernie signing with Adams, it actually got me interested in their clubs again! 

Whoever said it is right - this is an LPGA set up - If Ernie isn't hitting anything longer than a 5 iron what does that say for us?

Whoever said it is right - this is an LPGA set up - If Ernie isn't hitting anything longer than a 5 iron what does that say for us?

It says that a 7 iron should be our highest iron.

What ball will he play?

i'm curious too, but haven't had the chance to find out. if i had to guess, i would say he is probably playing one of the new Taylormade Tour Preferred or Tour Preferred X golf balls? 

I like that set up.  The only thing that surprises me is that he's got a second fairway (4 wood?) and nothing in between the 52* and 60* wedge.

If one of us posted that bag some folks would say the 8* was too big of a gap in the wedge department.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he's faced with a longer bunker shot. Open the 52?

just adding to the topic, i just saw this on twitter, looks like Ernie will be playing these very cool/funky looking Adams Golf XTD prototype irons (Tour version)!

BgOzP5xCMAAbdlS.jpg

BgO1k9zCMAAwEFQ.jpg

Ernie Els is the guy who put two X Utility in the bag at Wentworth and asked for a full set because he loved them. And won The Open with XU in the bag. There's absolutely no surprise in his setup.

There's no point in Adams signing a guy who plays blades in 3-PW. Ernie is perfect for them.

Really, I'm not interested in watching Adams go down the path that they seem to be going down. I still want some mb2s