snoopy

Ernie Els' Bag 2014

Those look better in satin than the black I've seen.

i totally agree, i much prefer the look of these versus the matte/gunmetal colour. heading over to Modern Golf Vancouver in a couple of weeks to do a fitting, so hopefully i'll get a chance to test them there :D

The new driver and hybrids are killer. The new irons? Shaking my head.

Actually, that's a more accurate description of my feelings on Adams.

Those irons are pretty ugly looking, not sure how they are at address but they must perform due to Ernie bagging them.

as long as they perform! haha.. i was reading up on these tour versions that ernie is bagging, they're suppose to have less offset and about 10% smaller than the normal XTD irons, but definitely a huge difference from the Razr X Muscleback irons he used over in Callaway.

guess everybody needs a little bit of forgiveness!

I had the chance to hit the retail version of this iron this past weekend.  I was not a fan because of the lack of feel/feedback.  I also thought the top line was too thick.  On the plus side, they were easy to hit, the ball speed seemed pretty hot, and they had KBS C Taper Lite shafts.

The shafts were the best part of the experience.

Love the Adams FW and Hybrids.  I too would like a set of MB2 in case I get good enough to hit them one day.  Until then I could just look at them. 

I had the chance to hit the retail version of this iron this past weekend.  I was not a fan because of the lack of feel/feedback.  I also thought the top line was too thick.  On the plus side, they were easy to hit, the ball speed seemed pretty hot, and they had KBS C Taper Lite shafts.

The shafts were the best part of the experience.

Love the Adams FW and Hybrids.  I too would like a set of MB2 in case I get good enough to hit them one day.  Until then I could just look at them. 

The MB2's are more forgiving than you would expect.

The MB2's are more forgiving than you would expect

That's easy for you to say Mr 0.1 Handicap.   :D You probably miss the sweet spot only once per round.

That's easy for you to say Mr 0.1 Handicap. :D You probably miss the sweet spot only once per round.

I play them as well and they are a lot easier to hit than they look. At least until you get to the 3 iron lol

That's easy for you to say Mr 0.1 Handicap.   :D You probably miss the sweet spot only once per round.

Actually this is the first set of blades I have played since college and had the same apprehension that most do when making this switch. They are actually as forgiving or maybe a bit less than the X Forged I had in the bag before them.

And don't let the handicap fool you......I can get that thing up at any given time :)

They are actually as forgiving or maybe a bit less than the X Forged I had in the bag before them

I play them as well and they are a lot easier to hit than they look. At least until you get to the 3 iron lol 

You guys have given me hope (Thank You!).  Maybe I can pick up a lone iron on Ebay and give it a try.  I've seen 6 irons occasionally.  When they came out I thought they were the best looking clubs ever.  I think they still hold their own in that area.

Mr. Theoo, I'm impressed that you can hit 'em with C Tapers in there.  To me that shaft is like a fence post.

Oops. This thread is probably considered hijacked now.  I hope I don't get warning points for this one.