TESTERS WANTED! ×

Game Golf is here

PlaidJacket

To me, the image of the course is a minor issue. I am more worried about the inability to edit rounds without errors, freezing, etc. When they fix that, I'll be buying GG.

I play Sunday. I'm bringing my phone with the free GolfLogix app, that allows me to track yardages, clubs, score, stats, etc. and, of course, the on course GPS.

It is a minor issue. but... why should I have to view a brown undefined golf course? It's a part of the over all presentation I think. If you're shopping for cars online would you like to see them all before they're painted? Ha.  I'm just pointing out things as I see and find them. Editing and data are #1 for sure.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost like the developers they used never played golf or tried to use it. I've seen this many times in my career. Software that was spec'd and designed by developers... Not actual users that were telling them how it should work. I can't believe this software actually made it through any real world testing. My guess is they said, the hardware is ready and we can fix the software later.

Big mistake when you have software that sucks, because people won't care how good the hardware is.

These very same thoughts have been bouncing around in my head since I first used the device. "Surely there must have been a period of beta testing the software under real world conditions", I think to myself. Then to me there are two options, either the testing was not very thorough or they knew about these issues and released it anyway. Yeah, I'm probably over simplifying things. But the bottom line is GG still does not really work as advertised and while I want to stick it out and help make it work, I'm still on the fence. Like HF mentioned, there are good apps out there to track your game. And they don't cost $250.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Looks like I'm on my own today guys. I never did get a reply to my email from the GG guys regarding us doing a Go To Meeting session today. I did however receive the new device that replaces the last one with the defective on/off button. I'll take it out and try it today. Afterwards I'll upload my round and let you know how things worked out. The weather is good here today. 68*, sunny, light breeze. Enjoy your round.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I didn't do a very good job today with all the tapping. But according to my taps I shot a 53. Beat that! LOL  I knew I was missing a lot of taps. After I got home and uploaded my round I immediately realized I was not going to sit here for an hour or more and try to make sense of it. So I just deleted it.

Guys; I've got be honest. Game Golf is distracting. To me anyway. After a round it's very time consuming if you want to try and make your data as accurate as possible. During the round the last thing I want to do is remember to tap something clipped on my belt. It's just not a part of my routine and I don't really see myself making it such. I think the GG is an interesting piece of technology which might appeal more to occasional/casual types of golfers. I can't see a scenario where the social aspects of the device have any relevance for me. A big negative is the after round data entry/correction that's required. It's laborious and I'm just not going to spend that kind of time. Game Golf is an interesting gadget that might appeal to a certain segment of golfers. I've given it a try or three but … I'm out. Best of luck to others who have it or want to try it.

I'm really disappointed in all the issues with GG being reported here. I'm seeing the same types of comments in other forums. The software was just not designed well from a user perspective. I wanted to hear that it worked well and get recommendations to go order one. It just sounded so cool. With the names behind it, I thought it was going to be a home run. It's too bad, because the tech exists to do this - they just totally blew the execution. At this point it's going to be all about damage control for them. I'd say the product has had its reputation severely damaged and stands little hope of recovery unless they do a massive code revision and take care of those that have already bought one. Right now, every person that has one is potentially telling people that it doesn't work well and not to buy it. It's very difficult to recover from that.

Regardless of GG being a major failure, I think the idea of wearable tech being a part of golf is a great idea and will be with us soon. Perhaps it's going to take a well established large company to do this, instead of a small startup that doesn't have the money to properly test and develop without cutting corners.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

I've had mine sitting on the shelf since it arrived a few weeks ago, still waiting for the weather to break so the courses can open.  Hoping they get more of the bugs worked out of this by then...  I was one of the "crowd funders," so I don't have as much invested in it ($129), but I'm hoping this will work well enough for my needs in the long run.  The "social" aspects don't really have a big appeal to me and I don't think tapping the base unit will be a tough adjustment.  I just don't want to spend my evenings editing the results on my computer...  I did check out the site again today and noticed they've added the 3 local courses I requested, so every course I play in my area is mapped now!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Taking mine out to the course again in a few hours. We'll see how it goes.

STX xForm 3, 35"

It's been a long day, so this will be short and sweet. In short, GG worked like it should have from the start. Here are the major points:

- There were no stalls, and while they are still slow, the "Add a Tee Shot" and "Add a Shot" functions worked each time.

- I did not have to restart the edit.

- The summary and scorecard appeared to update in real time as I was editing the round.

- The round edit took 35 minutes (after down loading the round from the device).

All of these things are encouraging. The system still has its shortcomings as have been listed and discussed here by many, but at least this time it worked. Someone is apparently working on the software and fixing things, which is good.

STX xForm 3, 35"

We have made multiple improvements to the user interface with the vast majority of our engineers' time spent on round editing.  We appreciate your patience during our growing pains, our team is working around the clock 7 days a week to improve the platform and user experience. 

That's excellent to hear, and great that you spoke up in the forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing about anything you can share about efforts working on the user interface. The common theme seems to be around speed when editing rounds online. Could you share what GG considers to be an acceptable amount of time for a "goal" that your developers are aiming for when editing a round?

1. Has the issue simply been server scaling or performance issues that will be addressed by adding faster hardware?

2. Are you finding that the issues are being caused by browser incompatibilities/issues?

3. Do you have an open issue/punch list for software that is available for us to see so that we can tell what has been reported?

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

I wouldn't consider there to be a specific goal time because it can differ for each person.  For me, I've integrated my tag in my preshot routine so I typically have little editing to do after my rounds.  In the case I forget to tag once or twice during a round, editing usually takes 3-5 minutes to add my shots and also review the rest of my holes to make sure I get the most accurate stats possible.  For those who don't build in the tag to their pre-shot routine or simply don't have a routine, they typically forget to tag many times during their round. 

In the case where someone forgets to tag 10-30 times I would suggest building the tag into a pre-shot routine, after a couple holes it becomes second nature and goes with you during your round and therefore causes less edits needed to be made.  I've found tagging as I step up to the ball and right before my practice swing provides an easy way to tag and tells me "okay, time to focus".  I've talked to many users who tag before, during, and after their shot so it really just depends on what is comfortable to you and sticking with it. 

As for the specific error/errors that were encountered, I've noticed that #1 and #2 above were both culprits and have since been provided with much more aggressive testing before product releases.  We don't provide a public open list of items we are working on, but we take the comments and suggestions posted on http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/ very seriously - our product team joins the conversation with customers on a daily basis on the user forums to hear their opinions and get feedback for future features. 

Unfortunately with any public mass market launch with tens of thousands of customers there will be computer, browser, and software configurations that don't perfectly match up with systems.  It seems some users on this forum have experienced errors associated with their machine configuration.  We are very sorry for the inconvenience and want you all to know we love this product and our team is doing everything we can to improve the platform 365 days a year - this team is dedicated :).  You have been heard and your comments and feedback have made a world of difference to the progression of our platform.  Now that we have gone through the past month of "Bug Bashing" we will start to move on to building new and advanced features and stats.  Feel free to give your suggestions at http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/ and we'll do what we can to integrate into our platform in coming months. 

Jacob,

A few questions about the product as it has intrigued me quite a bit since finding out about it.

1. Is there somewhere I can find a full list of all available statistics the system will track and calculate for me? I looked on the website and couldn't seem to find anything.

2. Are there any future additional features you can give us even a hint of a notion towards?

3. Are there any plans for a way to compare say one round next to another, or maybe to split your statistics up by season? I would use this device heavily for areas of my game to target for changes. I would love for a way to say flag a statistic and to have a reminder system when you improve those areas or to analyze the data side by side from say a few months prior?

4. What kind of functionality does the iPad app give you?

5. Are there any plans of future releases allowing you to edit the rounds on a mobile device such as an iPad/iPhone?

Just a few for now. This device has me very intrigued, yet scared from the responses here. I am very hesitant to shell out $250 for this after the feedback I've had a chance to read through. I don't mind being an early adopter of something, as long as it's useable.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Jacob- Thanks for checking back in with us here at MGS. I am sure there are many demands on your time and appreciate your efforts to keep us forum members informed. I really noticed a difference this past round, so obviously work is being done. I missed about 10 tags (tournament, so tagging was not my first priority), and was dreading the edit process, to be honest. I was pleasantly surprised with the changes and feel like GG is where it should have been at its release. I do not mean that as a dig, I simply mean that I now feel like I got what I paid for. That's a step up, believe me. If things continue to improve then I really will be a satisfied customer.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Exactly what I needed to hear, Jacob. I will almost certainly get GG now. Wife is going to make me wait until I have a job, though!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Exactly what I needed to hear, Jacob. I will almost certainly get GG now. Wife is going to make me wait until I have a job, though!

And fair enough too! :)

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not sure if it's a good deal or not but someone has one for sale on that other site in the BST for $235 shipped for those looking to add this

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Jacob,

A few questions about the product as it has intrigued me quite a bit since finding out about it.

1. Is there somewhere I can find a full list of all available statistics the system will track and calculate for me? I looked on the website and couldn't seem to find anything.

2. Are there any future additional features you can give us even a hint of a notion towards?

3. Are there any plans for a way to compare say one round next to another, or maybe to split your statistics up by season? I would use this device heavily for areas of my game to target for changes. I would love for a way to say flag a statistic and to have a reminder system when you improve those areas or to analyze the data side by side from say a few months prior?

4. What kind of functionality does the iPad app give you?

5. Are there any plans of future releases allowing you to edit the rounds on a mobile device such as an iPad/iPhone?

Just a few for now. This device has me very intrigued, yet scared from the responses here. I am very hesitant to shell out $250 for this after the feedback I've had a chance to read through. I don't mind being an early adopter of something, as long as it's useable.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Here's a link my latest round if you'd like to check out the stats provided http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Jacob/round/10435?ishybrid=true&round_id=10435

Also, here's a video showing the all of the stats we currently provide http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1462320-what-stats-do-i-get-

iPad and iPhone app give you the same functionality as the website. Note:  all rounds must be uploaded to a computer first and then can be viewed on mobile.  You can edit rounds on the mobile app and our website.  Unfortunately we are keeping unreleased features hush hush until they are released, what's nice is that once we release new features, all users will get access to them as soon as they are released.

Jacob,

I've also read somewhere that there will be a subscription fee to use the service after the first year. Somewhere around $50 I believe? That's something I haven't seen mentioned here, and I'm sure would be valuable for many people to know! Because that is quite an investment.

Thank you for the links!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Jacob,

I've also read somewhere that there will be a subscription fee to use the service after the first year. Somewhere around $50 I believe? That's something I haven't seen mentioned here, and I'm sure would be valuable for many people to know! Because that is quite an investment.

Thank you for the links!

When we first offered the GAME GOLF device and platform for pre-orders on Indiegogo early last year we had intentions of adding a $50/year subscription service.  We soon realized this wasn't the best approach for our users and decided not to pursue the subscription fee. 

There are no subscription fees, once you purchase the device you'll have access to the out-of-the-box features for the life of the device.  You may have read that on older press articles that stem back to our Indiegogo page from April of last year.  Thanks for bringing this up!

Not a problem! I have to say, after recent advancements it seems like this is looking to be a better option!

I'd like to put you through the paces here a little bit though Jacob.

How would you handle selling a higher handicapper, such as myself, on the benefits of buying a product like this? What would the sales pitch, and or reasoning be.

I can come to some conclusions on my own, but I'd love to hear what the perspective of the company is. How can these statistics and the system in general improve someone such as myself?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Not a problem! I have to say, after recent advancements it seems like this is looking to be a better option!

I'd like to put you through the paces here a little bit though Jacob.

How would you handle selling a higher handicapper, such as myself, on the benefits of buying a product like this? What would the sales pitch, and or reasoning be.

I can come to some conclusions on my own, but I'd love to hear what the perspective of the company is. How can these statistics and the system in general improve someone such as myself?

Underclubbing is the greatest issue any amateur golfer has (affects high and low handicaps).  You ever notice how a large majority of your miss hits end up short?  Its because it takes many rounds of golf to truly understand how far your clubs go.  Understanding your club distances will help you choose the right club and hit more greens which will reduce your score. 

GAME GOLF gives you real measurements for all of the shots you hit so that you can have a stronger expectation of how far every club in your bag will travel.  What I've found, is that the system makes me think more realistically on the course with my club selection.  I no longer try to muscle up on a club which I have no business hitting.  But for a higher handicap golfer it will speed up your rate of understanding how far each one of your clubs travel. 

We are currently adding new features to fine-tune and hone in on your club performance distances so users can get even more accurate info on what they should expect each club in their bag to travel for a full shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to throw Game Golf under the bus, but for those who don't want to shell out the cash, I downloaded GolfLogix to my iPhone, and have been using it to track distances. It's kind if a pain to remember to select your in each time and then remember to save the distance, so there are a few missing clubs,but it's free. Editing is super easy.

Here's my stats from this year so far (4 rounds)

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Good experience with GG Friday. 9 hole round downloaded and edited within just a few minutes. This is a substantial improvement and very promising.

STX xForm 3, 35"

I have taken GG out for 3 rounds now. The first round was great. Second round wasnt, but that was my fault. I forgot to tag quite a few shots and when I went to edit, I couldnt remember which clubs I had used.Editing would have been time consuming because I forgot to tag so many shots. So I chose not to save my round and moved on.

My 3rd round I only forgot to tag one shot and since it was a tee shot, was very simple to edit. GG tracked everything and the device worked great! Ive played with the editing a little bit and as long as you can remember which clubs you used, its not very complicated to edit and fix.

Overall im am happy with GG. GG is also adding new features and working on making this device even better. I think this is a great device for geeks like me who are just curious as to how far we hit the ball or which clubs we seem to hit better and to also get a decent average per club.

I have a lot of fun with it and look forward to future rounds! Happy golfing everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the GG guys at the LPGA event at Lake Merced CC in San Francisco. Talked with them only briefly as there was a lot going on. Good group of folks who are really into their product. Also used GG last weekend and had only one very minor issue with the editing process. Like the new putting feature (On/Off toggle for putting from off of the green). More new things are happening at GG- glad I stuck it out to this point.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Thats good to hear SeeRed.  When it came out I felt it was a real interesting concept, but I did worry that it would be a little intrusive.  I've followed this thread closely and so far I am reassured with the progress I've seen with the technology.  Still not ready to buy it, but I have not foreclosed on the idea.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys..  Finally played a round with GameGolf.  Our shop had a Demo unit, and I had the opportunity to take it to my home course last night.  The unit is registered to one of the owners, and has another players round on it, but I will link my round here.  Pretty darn cool.  I would love to see how accurate the yardage numbers would be over the course of several months. I found out that I play way more half shots that I thought during a round of golf..  Very interesting.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just ordered mine on Ebay... Found a really good deal on it. 

I'm not sure if they've been answered but have they figured a way to separate an 8 iron vs a chipping 8 iron?

And how does it track putting distance to the hole?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Found out recently that the GG tags do not hold particularly well in the ends of my Pure grips. You can guess how I found out... I am waiting to hear back from GG Support on replacement 6I and 7I tags. I thought they had just fallen out in the bottom of the bag, but no.  I wonder if anyone has tried fixing the tags into the ends of their grips with anything. Double stick tape, maybe? I suppose a small dab of white glue would work without making them impossible to remove.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Archived