Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Speed Review - Best Grips Major Leaguer putter grip

Hula Rock

Hula.jpg

The Count is now three.  Three products from the guys over at Best grips.  My first purchase was a custom fairway shoe which to this day still gets oooooooo's and ahhhhh's on the golf course.  With the fairway shoe, to my surprise, “Zack” throws in a Gridiron grip.  The gridiron will probably get installed this spring, I am waiting on a new wedge that I ordered to put it on.  The third, a custom laser engraved Major Leaguer D putter grip which was won on the “Forum Member – Product Reviews”.

I was super stoked that I won, which was short lived when I realized that I would have to replace my beloved Pistolero grip on my SC Monterey.  After contemplating a couple days I decided to go for it:

Installation:

Without a doubt, I was going to save my SC Pistolero grip just in case I did not like the Major Leaguer.    The Install was fairly simple.  I usually reuse the tape but for this installation the tape was replaced with 2 inch masking tape.  The grip slid on fairly well.  I had to shoot a couple shots of air for the last couple of inches otherwise I ran into no problems. 

Install time including the removal of old tape:  4 Minutes

Injecting the fatal dose into the Pistolero

2.jpg

All Clean

3.jpg

Done

4.jpg

Looks

twitter.jpg

This putter went from a perfect 10 in looks to a 15!  The construction is flawless,   I absolutely love the contrast of the stitching on the leather.  The premium leather looks like what the name says “Major Leaguer”.  It presents itself as if Best grips took a baseball mitt, threw it in their magical grip making machine, and out came a golf grip.  The laser engraving is NUTZ!  Very sharp and clean lines.  The pictures serve no justice on how precise the lines are.  You have to see it in person!!!!!

On a side note:

The design/ordering process is first class.  You throw some ideas at best grips, and you come away with an amazing PERSONALIZED product in the end.  Your product is not put into production until YOU are happy with the final design that Best Grips emails you.

Performance

This is where I “thought” that I would have a major issue.  Let me start off by stating that I am a “FEEL” player.  I love to feel the club head at the top of my golf swing, and with putting, I love to feel the golf ball at impact in my putting stroke.   I do not know if it's the leather, construction, or magical fairy dust they use in the manufacturing, but the feel actually improved 10 fold.

Conclusion

YourAvatar (1).jpeg

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Thanks for the review Hula! Love the Hula Approved logo.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Nice write up. I ordered one myself. I should have tho't to add some engraving. No idea why I didn't think to. Took it out once so far and actually putted better than normal which is saying something, because I hadn't been out since early November. Now every club in my bag has Bestgrips connecting my hands to them. That's saying something again because I have hundreds of new rubber gripps in the garage. Sold several sets on eBay and bought Bestgrips for myself.

Nice review Hula! I have my major leaguer D design in draft form, it's definitely different but I have taken some inspiration from yours - hope you don't mind...

Cant wait to see it Brad !!!!!!  Going to PM you in a couple of minutes.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Great review hula!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Great Review Hula!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Archived