Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Your own little personal par 3...

Now, first of all, I am sure that I am not the only golfer out there that dreams of having their very own Par 3 in their back garden. Agreed?

Personally, there is nothing better in a round on a nice course than strolling up onto the tee of a scenic downhill par 3. When up there, I often wish that I could just hit tee shots on it all day until that all important hole in one is made! Doing this makes me wonder if it is possible to construct your own on a bit of land!

This is how I see it:

3 different yardage tee boxes (different angles so the wind plays a factor too!)

Downhill

Over a water hazard

Deep sandy bunkers to the front and rear

Diagonal green with 3 tiers with varying pin positions.

I know I am being far, far too unrealistic for my future life... but I am sure I am not the only golfer who has dreamt of such a thing! I dread to think of how much it would cost initially, maintenance costs, how long it would take etc... but a man can dream!

Does anyone know of anyone who has actually built their own par 3 hole?

If you could create your ideal personal par 3 how would you have it?

Typically the day that I dreamt this up- I made my first ever hole in one! :rolleyes:

A family friend of mine had their own par 3 in their backyard. The lady was about 70 when she put it in and it was all for show. If I remember correctly it was right at 100 yards and had 1 tee box and the green was pretty much just round with a pin in the center. Nothing nacy at all but I can guarante you that if I had that in my back yard I'd be working on my short game all the time. I would lvoe to be able to putt, chip, flop and work on the Sand Wedge.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

This would be the best! My par 3 would be/have:

Very slightly downhill

3 tee boxes (I'd like to be able to hit everything from a PW to a 4I depending on pin placement)

Big green, 2 main tiers with some ridges and small plateaus (the better to have more pin placements and work on more short game shots)

Bunker short right and long left

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

You guys have me thinking will i try this in my farm which is right beside the golf course.

Have the perfect field which is about 250 yards, downhill. river running through and a small area of land on the othe side which is slightly sloping in the opposite way. will have to check if one of the greenkeepers would like to help :D

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

I found one in a friends back yard complete with sand traps. Unfortunately it was already neglected when I saw it as he found it more trouble to maintain than it was worth to him. He got to knowing it too well and the club was near enough to be more convenient.

The grass on a golf course needs daily mowing and feeding as it grows too fast and ordinary grass cannot keep up with the usage of even just one golfer especially if it's a short hole. If you have enough land, it's actually more practical to have a nine hole course for yourself.

Shambles

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be easier.... :rolleyes:

Build Your Own Putting Green Cheaply

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 7 years later...

Hmm. Just ran across this... I have big plans for a 40-60 yard chipping green, and a 70-90 Par 3. Here is the spot for my #13... it will have two tiers, there is another flat spot about 10-12 yards beyond. There will be 2 greens with a sand trap in the middle.

Then going the other way... 3 tee boxes one for a forced fade, and one for a forced draw, and straight. It's almost 100 yards.

- Alan

I can't help but feel you posted the wrong pictures. Will be happy to see what you come up with though.

I've always thought about a concept like this but with 1 green, 2 flags, and 9 tees scattered about so you can get a little round in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

But I was in my teens we had a vacant lot behind our house it was about 70 yards wide and 120 yards big huge oak trees along one side. I took the push mower and carved myself a nice little Fairway and then lowered the blade all the way down as far as it would go and mowed in a small green.

It wasn't much in fact it was very rusty but for a 13-year-old boy it was a lot of fun.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Looking forward to seeing this. I have plans of my own. Here is a plan view oh mine. Tee off from front yard. Green down in the hay field. It's about a 75 yard 50 ft down hill shot. Should be fun. IMG_2745.PNG

Looking forward to seeing this. I have plans of my own. Here is a plan view oh mine. Tee off from front yard. Green down in the hay field. It's about a 75 yard 50 ft down hill shot. Should be fun. attachicon.gifIMG_2745.PNG

A road hole? Awesome! Look forward to following all of these projects!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

A road hole? Awesome! Look forward to following all of these projects!

It's actually just my driveway. Unless I shank one then it's probably headed towards the main road.

• 4 weeks later...

We looked at a house here in Illinois about 5 years ago. The house was smaller than we wanted but on 5 acres and had your own par 3. Had a grass tee and a mat. Played 100 yards and the green was across a broom with 2 bunkers. Needless to say I couldn't convince my wife that we could add onto the house. And we did not buy that property.

I will add that I had a full size driving range on our family's property in PA growing up. 75 acres. Could have put a few holes in on that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9