TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy - (VIRAL VIDEO CONTEST!)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

WIN! $100 CASH - For Best MyGolfSpy Video Idea!

Got a great idea for a MyGolfSpy YouTube Video? One that will spread faster then the crabgrass on your local public courses greens? Well if so...we are going to pay YOU $100 for the best idea the you can come up with! We are looking for the most creative and eye-catching concept for a video that will go SUPER-VIRAL across the web. So pick up your pencil and paper or your video camera and send in you idea!

NOTE: (Entries can be either hand written concepts that we bring to life or your own videos as well...either way can win!)

So you are more than likely asking yourself “Viral Video Contest?”

A viral video is a video clip that gets a lot of attention through email or media sharing websites (like YouTube). Viral videos are often funny and include can include parodies.

So if you think you've got a kick-add video idea, script or video bursting with hardcore hilarity, that can make all of us laugh, enter our contest and we'll see if yours has what it takes.

How The Enter Contest:

1. First, you will need to go to this link MyGolfSpy - Viral Video Contest

2. You need be a forum member to enter. If you are not already a member, registering is quick and easy. Just look in the top right hand corner of the forum for the link to register.

3. Then, post your best and most unique Viral Video concept for MyGolfSpy. We are looking for something that fits with the golf spy look and feel. Also we want the video to spread across YouTube and other sites like wildfire!

4. You can enter as many ideas as you can come up with. (NO LIMIT ON ENTRIES)

5. Contest Ends May 31st at midnight EST.

P.S. - JUST NEED THE IDEA WE WILL MAKE IT COME TO LIFE.

>> WINNER GETS $100 CASH!

CONTEST RULES:

* Entrants must be at least 16 years old.

* Entrants agree to grant to MyGolfSpy LLC license to use the video, including the film, video, stills, concepts, etc., associated with the Contest entry as part of promotional efforts. Each entrant agrees and grants MyGolfSpy LLC permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise distribute entrant's name and video submission in all media in perpetuity without compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of an entry into this Contest constitutes permission for MyGolfSpy LLC to use the entrant's name, photograph, likeness, voice, address (city and province) and testimonials, in printed, broadcast media or new media, in perpetuity, in any manner they deem appropriate in connection with promoting the video submission itself or this Contest, without further compensation in connection with this Contest or the prize awarded.

* Entrants recognize that MyGolfSpy LLC retain copyrights and ownerships of submitted material.

* Contestants participating in this Contest are liable for any copyright infringements caused by their videos.

* MyGolfSpy LLC assumes no responsibility for royalties or fees associated with talent performances in the entered videos. Please use the official contest release form.

#TruthDigest

So do you want an actual video or just a description of the idea?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Just the concept Blue :D Like the post states we will make it come to life.

So do you want an actual video or just a description of the idea?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

SImplest idea is to have a periscope coming out of various places and peeking in on what is happening with the players and their equipment. The obvious ones are out of the hole and out of the bag, but you could push the envelope a bit too. Have the periscope come up behind people in conversation, slip around corners, under stalls and etc.

More like a commercial than viral though.

You could always go for the flash mob approach with people dressed like the MGS avatar. Sort of a where's waldo meets looking for bigfoot. "Did you see the plans for the new G20 driver?" Then show the PING corporate offices with the MGS spy slipping around the corner. Could catch him leafing through scotty's design book, or something like that. You could have it be like the end of the Thomas Crown Affair with lots of folk in trench coats showing up on the course as the corporate security or marshals show up to catch the spy. The spy could be tracking the latest and greatest item that week, varying between looking for putters, and etc.

If it catches on, you could probably get some of the manufactures to "leak" some glimpses of new gear when the spy acquires it from their offices.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

A great start to the contest Sactown :D

SImplest idea is to have a periscope coming out of various places and peeking in on what is happening with the players and their equipment. The obvious ones are out of the hole and out of the bag, but you could push the envelope a bit too. Have the periscope come up behind people in conversation, slip around corners, under stalls and etc.

More like a commercial than viral though.

You could always go for the flash mob approach with people dressed like the MGS avatar. Sort of a where's waldo meets looking for bigfoot. "Did you see the plans for the new G20 driver?" Then show the PING corporate offices with the MGS spy slipping around the corner. Could catch him leafing through scotty's design book, or something like that. You could have it be like the end of the Thomas Crown Affair with lots of folk in trench coats showing up on the course as the corporate security or marshals show up to catch the spy. The spy could be tracking the latest and greatest item that week, varying between looking for putters, and etc.

If it catches on, you could probably get some of the manufactures to "leak" some glimpses of new gear when the spy acquires it from their offices.

#TruthDigest

You want it to really go Viral? Let's think what would sweep it across the net, comedy and sex appeal.

A blond, well endowed, in a brown trench coast and hat, all covered up, glasses on. Lets say in this one, she is trying to get a glimpse of AK's new proto irons. His people are not letting anyone get close, no people can sneak in for a spy pic. Along comes our Golf Spy Girl who asks to get a picture of the irons and AK, he refuses her at first, she then drops the trench coat, flings her long blond hair out of the hat, and is dressed in a brown My Golf Spy Bikini. AK, quickly lets her in, and poses with her and the irons.

At the end, she say's " At My Golf Spy, we also get our man, and their equipment!"

WINNER!!!

PS, using Tiger Woods was way too easy!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Have a stalkerazi snapping telephoto pics of a Tiger look-alike from long range. Then have a view through the lens of the camera showing the pictures being taken of his clubs and not him. Then splash the mygolfspy logo and say that at MGS we always get our story. You can substitute any golfer you choose since Tiger has dominated the headlines, but it would be fitting to have it focused on him with the paparazzi chasing him lately. That'd make it more about the equipment than the person, which is what MGS is all about anyway. And since there is already a TW impersonator out there he'd be easy to find via his site.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

You want it to really go Viral? Let's think what would sweep it across the net, comedy and sex appeal.

A blond, well endowed, in a brown trench coast and hat, all covered up, glasses on. Lets say in this one, she is trying to get a glimpse of AK's new proto irons. His people are not letting anyone get close, no people can sneak in for a spy pic. Along comes our Golf Spy Girl who asks to get a picture of the irons and AK, he refuses her at first, she then drops the trench coat, flings her long blond hair out of the hat, and is dressed in a brown My Golf Spy Bikini. AK, quickly lets her in, and poses with her and the irons.

At the end, she say's " At My Golf Spy, we also get our man, and their equipment!"

WINNER!!!

PS, using Tiger Woods was way too easy!

If you go this way, the dialogue has to include the like "Nice shaft AK. Is it extra stiff?"

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Seems like the other way to have something truly go viral is via song. Peanut butter jelly time, pants on the ground, & etc.

Maybe we need some musical thing with the "spy" sneaking up on people singing "What choo playin'?"

Sort of like the MC Hammer 2 Legit 2 Quit video with all of the sports cameos.

Would be great with some pros, but you could spy on normal people on the course. Film at various courses, surprising the normal people.

Tiger Woods, What choo playin' ? What choo playin' ?

Aunt Sally, What choo playin' ? What choo playin' ?

Dude in the middle of your back swing, What choo playin' ? What choo playin' ?

Could modify the song to spy on the manufacturers,

Scotty Cameron, What choo makin' ?

Simple, infectious hook is the key. Make it funny and just bury "What choo playin' ?, What choo playin' ?" into the viewers brain.

Volvo Intorqueo

if we go with the spy theme definately pick panther music in the back ground!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree comedy, sex or a shock and awe effect to make it big push the envelope but maybe stay away from blondes and Tiger right now kinda ran into the ground originality is a must

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

So you have a tour pro hitting balls on a range with a new prototype driver and letting the R&D guy on the range with him know what he likes and doesn't like about the new driver. In the background however you have a MGS geek with a camera or a blackberry, whatever snapping pics of the club.

Then you cut to a basement where one of the MGS bloggers (who probably lives with his parents) is posting the pics on the MGS forum. They guys hits the send button and you follow the transmission through cyber space (flashing lights, computer wire, the whole bit. A little like a scene from the movie Hackers if you know what I mean) As people all over the world are checking out the pics of this new driver the scene cuts to the head of new club development for the company and he gets an email of the pics of the new driver that even he hasn't seen yet.

After he looks at the pictures in disbelief he takes a deep swallow and the work F*$k comes out of his mouth (but is bleeped out of course) Then you cut to the end of the commercial that has mygolfspy.com "Tomorrows Golf Equipment....Today" with the spy logo and the whole bit.

Fairways and Greens

pretty good one there.

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

you should show a guy walking around an OEM test center with that company's polo shirt on and have him walking down halls grabbing stuff. then you see him go to his car in the parking lot and toss the prototype equipment in the back seat. he then opens the trunk and tosses the company's polo shirt back in the pile and then puts on another company's shirt and drives away to the next test center.

then he says like off to the oven! or off to the kingdom! ....and it fades to the slogan.

I do too, gonna work on another, but I am sure it will have some hot girl in barely nothing trying to get pictures of equipment.

Use the one I did before, and make her Asian this time, that's a twist and a winner!@

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

you should show a guy walking around an OEM test center with that company's polo shirt on and have him walking down halls grabbing stuff. then you see him go to his car in the parking lot and toss the prototype equipment in the back seat. he then opens the trunk and tosses the company's polo shirt back in the pile and then puts on another company's shirt and drives away to the next test center.

then he says like off to the oven! or off to the kingdom! ....and it fades to the slogan.

rather at the end instead of speaking, he should just put a mark on his checklist of companies! give 'em the silent treatment!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

11 more days on this contest. Hopefully we can get a ton of more entries.

We hope to turn this concept into both a viral video and also possibly a TV Commercial.

We love some of the concepts but we need some more ideas.

So put your thinking caps on and see what you guys can come up with :lol:

#TruthDigest

You could have a where in the world is carmen San Diego theme. Like carmen San Diego you have never really seen the My Golf Spys entire face. Have the My Golf Spy character streaking across the world snapping photos of "Prototype" equipment EG) Lots of proto stuff comes from Asia. Have the commercial be portrayed as a cartoon and as the Golf spy is jumping from country to country, you can have Company big wigs from each country and company chasing him down trying to spoil his plans, and put him behind bars.

If you've never seen the cartoon where in the world is carmen San Diego than you might think im a retard, but I can picture it in my mind and I guess thats all that matters hahaha.

Not only that but the character Carmen San Diego reminds me of the female version of the My Golf Spy character

carmen-san-diego.jpg

Fairways and Greens

• SPY VIP

All I really want to see is some mission impossible rubber face action.

Peeling off Scotty Cameron's face after scoping out the new putter line.

Needs a final tag line "It takes balls to spy on golf..." Cut away during line with a hand holding two yellow z-stars (or blue shwetty balls)

Volvo Intorqueo

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Still choosing John...was hoping we would get some more entries. I will post when we decide...but in the meantime let's hear some ideas...I know you guys have it in you.

Let's make this a kick-ass golf commercial!

#TruthDigest

Still like my idea, you can her, in her own "My Golf Spy" bikini say things like "can you help me with my putt" or "Your ball is in my Ruff" the possibilities are limitless when you combine an under cover My Golf Spy hot blond ripping off her spy hat and trench coat, to gain access to all the secret clubs and info, and when you throw humor in it, it pushes it that much further.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I'll bounce off John's idea a bit...

Was looking at the swing analysis videos where they do a side by side with your swing and a pro swing and it got me thinking about the good and bad visual thing.

Intro: Creepy spy music with MGS logo on screen.

Narration: "At My Golf Spy we uncover the secrets of the golf industry. We will show you the latest golf gear that is supposed to remain secret. We let golfers see what they don't want you to see..."

(During the narration, have a dissolving slideshow of golf equipment from the various companies. The gear can rotate with the year so it could be the ghost putters right now or whatever)

Narration: "At the same time, we promise not to show golfers what no one wants to see..."

At this point you cut to a shirtless fat man wearing golf knickers and a tasseled beret. He is holding a club in each hand and dancing to some techno beat or the "Move It" song from Madagascar.

Zoom, slo-mo, really making it funny, but uncomfortable to watch.

Cut to "Golf Punk" type model taking a swing or more new golf gear for a less exploitative theme.

Narration: "My Golf Spy, trust us to show you the golf that you want to see."

This plays over the spy music again, but cut to the "dance" music for the last second or so to make the viewer recall the dancing golfer.

This would work as a viral, because even non-golfers would send it to friends to "trick" them in to watching the fat topless dancing man. Think about how many people have been Rick-rolled. Granted it is not a true representation of what goes on at MGS, but the name of the site would get out there.

Volvo Intorqueo

Hmmmm. Enter by May 31st but if we don't get an idea that we think will work we'll ask for more ideas untill we find one we like. I'm not jaded but if you do decide to pick a winner from the poeple that enetered after the entry deadline then why have a deadline?

Fairways and Greens

• SPY VIP

I understand where you are coming from Cmor but from our end we do this site and all the others out of pocket...we do a lot of contests on here and this one we thought we would give cash away to the winner. We really wanted to come up with a great concept and thought the money would increase the entries. For some reason not many people entered this one. So would you prefer us to choose one that is never used? Or give it another week or so and maybe come up with not only a great concept and commercial and also be able to pay someone for their entry?

Deadlines are dealines I understand that more then most. My number #1 pet peeve is people not coming through with what they say they are going to come through with. So it is up to you guys we can pick a winner today or wait a couple more days...you decide Cmor.

#TruthDigest

Archived