Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

TPC Sawgrass - #BBBatTPC

SPY ZINGER

The Tournament Players Club - Sawgrass

#BBBatTPC

IMG_5014.JPG

The Tournament Players Club Network has taken a different approach to marketing their clubs. Their methodology is very relevant in 2014 as they're leveraging social media to assist in getting their message across. This campaign is ingeniously simple and effective. They invite some of the most forward-thinking journalists in golf to one of their properties. All they ask in return is that during the round of golf, you tell the world about your experience through various social media platforms. Tweet while you golf, just #hashtag the name of the event #BBBatTPC (Birdies, Burgers, & Brews).

IMG_5098.PNG

This past Saturday, another #BBBatTPC event was held at the TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Sawgrass is about a 45 minute drive from the Jacksonville airport, just minutes from the Atlantic coast. Golf Digest recently listed Sawgrass (The Stadium Course) in the top 100 golf courses in the world. It's home to the Players Championship and headquarters for the PGA Tour. Designed by Pete Dye, it maintains arguably the most iconic par 3 in golf. The property has 36 holes of golf (Stadium & Valley courses), a 77,000 square foot Mediterranean Revival-style clubhouse, and full-service Marriott Resort-Hotel with exceptional dining and amenities.

IMG_5031.JPG

This marked my second visit to Sawgrass. TPC venues are always a pleasure to play because of their consistency for impeccable service and playing conditions. I've played about five of their courses across the U.S., and they're always among the best-conditioned venues in golf. I come to expect that the turf at a TPC is going to be perfect, and they never disappoint. Additionally, where else in sports can the average guy compete on the same playing surface as the professionals in the game? Have you ever played a pick-up game of flag football with your buddies at Soldier Field in Chicago?

IMG_5078.JPG

For a man living in Minneapolis, that plays a hookdrawfadeslice style of golf, the Stadium course is probably one of the most prestigious venues you can play as it relates to professional golf. Considering that The Players is commonly referred to as golf's 5th major, and it's always played on the same course, not many would argue with that notion.  Stretching from 7215 from “The Players” tees down to 6103 from the White tee's, The Stadium Course is a shot-makers venue.  Tall pines, considerable water, abundant bunkering, and the most knee-knocking par three in the game all contribute in this definition.

IMG_5037.JPG

The Stadium Course ranges in price from $250-$400 a round depending on the time of year.  A green fee that is definitely not cheap, but accurately priced given other venues in this category.  It's a bucket-list course that is worth the effort.  As a “golf-buddies” trip, the area is surrounded by exceptional golf.  Sawgrass is also home to The Valley Course, also designed by Dye, which plays host to a web.com event.  The property is well appointed to handle an all-inclusive stay, if you choose not to venture about. 

IMG_5049.JPG

Sawgrass has a Taylor Made Golf Performance Lab on site, which enhances the appeal as a golf destination.  I been previously fit at a Performance Lab, and I am confident in saying, Taylor Made has the best fitting system of any OEM in the game.  Taking Sawgrass as a comprehensive package that factors the two courses, facilities, accommodations, dining, and Performance Lab, I believe it's worthy of accolade. 

IMG_5061.JPG

Now, for the details you are waiting for.  At this event, I carded 91, for a net 79.  I managed to take home long drive for a 285 yard drive with a Taylor Made Rocketballz Stage 2 driver. 

IMG_5041.JPGIMG_5046.PNG

Dinner in the Champions Locker Room Following the Round

The first time in the club's history

IMG_5065.JPG

IMG_5064.JPG

IMG_5071.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5085.JPG

Posted Image

Dang, you should have let me know you were in town!  I could have bought you a beer or showed you some sights!  You lucked out on the weather, Monday was gorgeous.  Today and tomorrow, not so much.

Edit:  25th was Saturday, oops!  Still, it was decent on Saturday, just not as good as Monday.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Dang, you should have let me know you were in town! I could have bought you a beer or showed you some sights! You lucked out on the weather, Monday was gorgeous. Today and tomorrow, not so much.

Edit: 25th was Saturday, oops! Still, it was decent on Saturday, just not as good as Monday.

Ha! Sorry Jax. Yes, Saturday was fine given the fact that I came back to -30* F wind chill.

Have you played Grass? Is my assessment accurate in your experience. Not much left to be desired in that facility.

Posted Image

Ha! Sorry Jax. Yes, Saturday was fine given the fact that I came back to -30* F wind chill.

Have you played Grass? Is my assessment accurate in your experience. Not much left to be desired in that facility.

Ah yes, I'm a member there.  We can play the Valley anytime for cart fees and use those world class practice facilities at will.  Plus, through specials and events and the passes we get as part of the membership, I usually play the Stadium about 8 times a year at minimal (relatively) cost (usually about $50 a pop or so).  Yes, very accurate description.  I consider myself blessed to be able to take advantage of the situation.  BTW, if you were impressed by the turf, you should see it when the grass is actually growing.  Things are pretty much dormant right now, particularly since we had a hard freeze two weeks ago.  

Only thing missing in your description was whether or not you hit 17 on the first try.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Ah yes, I'm a member there.  We can play the Valley anytime for cart fees and use those world class practice facilities at will.  Plus, through specials and events and the passes we get as part of the membership, I usually play the Stadium about 8 times a year at minimal (relatively) cost (usually about $50 a pop or so).  Yes, very accurate description.  I consider myself blessed to be able to take advantage of the situation.  BTW, if you were impressed by the turf, you should see it when the grass is actually growing.  Things are pretty much dormant right now, particularly since we had a hard freeze two weeks ago.  

Only thing missing in your description was whether or not you hit 17 on the first try.

Very cool, had no idea you were a member, or I would have hooked up!  I did not hit 17, short and left, in the water.  I did manage a 5, however.  :(

Posted Image

• 10 months later...

“TEE THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY” WITH THE TPC NETWORK

TPC Network Announces Holiday Specials for Every Golfer

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The PGA TOUR's TPC Network, comprised of 33 premier golf properties, designed specifically to host PGA TOUR events, shares “Tee the Season to be Jolly” for every golfer this holiday, with once in a lifetime, bucket list golf offers, available from Nov. 20-Dec. 31, 2014.

Families tee it up with a bright green bow for their favorite loved ones this holiday season by spreading the cheer at TPC championship clubs, ranging from TPC Sawgrass, home of THE PLAYERS Championship, and TPC Scottsdale, host of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, to TPC Las Vegas, an ultimate buddy trip destination, and TPC Louisiana, host of the Zurich Classic. Exclusive offers extending from rates up to 48 percent off golf, to highly discounted decadent dining at the Clubhouses. “Tee the Season to be Jolly” enhances the renowned PGA TOUR experience by complementing a day on coveted TPC golf courses with everything from personalized TPC bag tags, score cards and delicious dining, to Nike-sponsored gear, resort and spa stays for the perfect ending to this year's holiday season.

TPC Sawgrass

Home of THE PLAYERS Championship, birthplace of the TPC Network and backdrop to the PGA TOUR headquarters, TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach is the perfect destination for any snow bird looking to escape this winter.

(904) 273-3430 or visit http://www.tpc.com/tpc-sawgrass

o PLAYERS Stadium Stay & Play Gift Package, $475

· One Round of Golf on PLAYERS Stadium (includes cart, practice balls, and forecaddie)

· Voucher for One-Night Stay at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa

· Nike Core Golf Shirt

· TPC Sawgrass Photo Frame

o PLAYERS Stadium Gift Package, $325

· One Round of Golf on PLAYERS Stadium (includes cart, practice balls, and forecaddie)

· Nike Core Golf Shirt

· Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance

o Dye's Valley Stay & Play Gift Package, $310

· One Round of Golf on Dye's Valley (includes cart, practice balls, and forecaddie)

· Voucher for One-Night Stay at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa

· Nike Core Golf Shirt

o Dye's Valley Gift Package, $160

· One Round of Golf on Dye's Valley (includes cart, practice balls, and forecaddie)

· Nike Core Golf Shirt

· Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance

*All packages valid Dec. 1, 2014 – Feb. 12, 2015

*PLAYERS Stadium gift packages can be extended through May 31 for an additional $100 fee

*Dye's Valley gift packages can be extended through May 31, 2015 for an additional $40 fee

TPC Scottsdale

Host of the largest-attended tournament in the world, the fan-favorite Waste Management Phoenix Open, TPC Scottsdale is a masterful blend of challenge and playability - grabbing the attention of the sport's top players and recreational golfers alike. With up to 48 percent off rates, TPC Scottsdale is every golfers winter wonderland.

(480) 585-4334 or visit http://www.tpc.com/tpc-scottsdale

o Champions Gift Package, $150

· One Round of Golf on TPC Scottsdale Champions Course

· Oxford Golf Shirt

· TPC Scottsdale Hat

o Stadium Gift Package, $209

· One Round of Golf on TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course

· Oxford Golf Shirt

· TPC Scottsdale Hat

o Stadium Premier Gift Package, $299

· One Round of Golf on TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course

· Oxford Golf Shirt

· TPC Scottsdale Hat

*Champions Gift Package and Stadium Premier valid Nov. 1, 2014 – Apr. 5, 2015

*Stadium Gift Package valid Nov. 1, 2014 – Jan. 15, 2015

*Champions Gift Package: Guest may upgrade to Stadium for $59 before Jan. 15, 2015 or for $150 after Jan. 15, 2015

* Stadium Gift Package: Guest may redeem after Jan. 15, 2015 for additional $100 fee

TPC Las Vegas

Topping Golf Digest's “Best Places to Play,” TPC Las Vegas offers desert elegance at its finest, ranging from the stunning backdrop of Red Rock Canyon to the rugged natural landscape, testing even the most seasoned golfers. Players hope to make the “nice” list this year at TPC Las Vegas.

(702) 256-2500 or visit http://www.tpc.com/tpc-las-vegas

o Holiday Package, $99

· One Round of Golf at TPC Las Vegas (includes cart, practice balls, club rentals)

· TPC Las Vegas Ball Mark Repair Tool

· Personalized TPC Las Vegas Bag Tag

· Personalized TPC Las Vegas Scorecard

· 10 percent Discount in Clubhouse's The Grille Restaurant (excluding alcohol and tobacco)

· Up to 3 guest rounds can be purchased for discounted rate of $75.00 per player

· Certificate is Redeemable Nov. 17, 2014 – Feb. 28, 2015

o Holiday Package Plus, $150

· One Round of Golf at TPC Las Vegas (includes cart, practice balls, club rentals)

· TPC Las Vegas Ball Mark Repair Tool

· Personalized TPC Las Vegas Bag Tag

· Personalized TPC Las Vegas Scorecard

· 10% Discount in Clubhouse's The Grille Restaurant (excluding alcohol and tobacco)

· Up to 3 Guest Rounds can be Purchased for Discounted Rate of $125.00 per player

· Certificate is Redeemable Nov. 17, 2014 – May 31, 2015

*Resident packages available by subtracting $25.00 from Holiday Package Price

TPC Louisiana

Host of the Zurich Classic, TPC Louisiana fuses New Orleans charm with a Pete Dye-designed track. Avid golfers dash through the greens this holiday at TPC Louisiana.

(504) 436-8721 or visit http://www.tpc.com/tpc-louisiana

o Holiday Gift Package, $150

· One Round of Golf at TPC Louisiana (includes cart and practice balls)

· TPC Louisiana Hat

o Holiday Gift Package Premier, $200

· One Round of Golf at TPC Louisiana (includes cart and practice balls)

· TPC Louisiana Golf Shirt

*Redeemable December 1, 2014 – February 12, 2015, February 13, 2014 – March 31, 2015 for additional $25 to be paid at check-in.

*Louisiana resident discounts available, offer of $50 off either package when call or inquiry made. Individual redeeming certificate must have valid Louisiana Driver's License at check-in.

The TPC Network is comprised of premier private, resort and daily fee golf properties that have hosted or have been designed to host TOUR-sponsored golf tournaments, including THE PLAYERS Championship at the PGA TOUR's flagship property, TPC Sawgrass, and the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale, the highest attended tournament on the PGA TOUR. During the 2014-2015 season, 18 PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Web.com Tour tournaments were held at TPC facilities.

For more on “Tee the Season to be Jolly,” follow TPC Network on Twitter @PlayTPC, Instagram @PlayTPC, and Facebook at www.facebook.com/tpcnetwork and be the first to know about these offers.

###

About the TPC Network

Licensed by the PGA TOUR, the TPC Network is comprised of 33 premier private, resort and daily fee golf properties designed by some of golf's most elite architects. Eighteen of the clubs are operated by affiliates of PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties, Inc. Each TPC has hosted or has been designed to host TOUR-sponsored golf tournaments. Since TPC Sawgrass first opened its world renowned PLAYERS Stadium Course in the fall of 1980, TPCs have provided the PGA TOUR with rent-free venues for tournaments, helping to boost championship golf purses and increasing charitable donations to grass roots non-profit organizations. At the same time, TPCs have provided recreational golfers with the unique opportunity to test their skills on the same layouts where the world's best golfers compete.

TPCs are known for their outstanding conditioning and amenities, as well as a commitment to environmental excellence. The TPC Network is also distinguished by its unwavering commitment to further the PGA TOUR's “Together, anything's possible” giving back mission through support of charitable and community-based programs. For more information, please visit www.tpc.com. For the most up-to-date news, follow the TPC Network on Twitter (@PlayTPC) or Facebook.com/TPCNetwork.

Posted Image

Archived