TESTERS WANTED! ×

On the shelf. Shoulder surgery

ANGRYGOLFHULK

Well the time has come to fix a 2year old problem. Thought it was a bad AC joint but when my shoulder was scoped the labrum was completely torn off the bone. I deal with pain well so I never thought it was this bad. Oh well. 3 months on the shelf. Hoping I remember how to swing come summer. 2days post surgery and I've been one handed putting 30 times a day and one armed chipping in basement.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

You'll be back in no time.  Look on the bright side, you will have a stellar short game when you return. 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Get well soon hulk!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Just imagine how much better you will be able to play without the pain!  Hope the recovery goes well.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Prayers coming your way.  If it's any consolation I remember that Gil Morgan had some of his best years post shoulder surgery because all he could do was work on the short game.  Hoping for the same for you!!!!!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it. Post op meeting Monday. Will know more then. Fingers crossed

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I agree. I also think it will force me to fix my biggest swing problem which is over swinging. My plan in spring is to play chip and putt rounds through April , forward tees in May and move to men's tees in June

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Hope the recovering goes well mate.

Just remember its always better to take it slow and make sure it heals properly. Doing this is always better than hurting it again causing you to be out of action for longer!

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Hope the recovering goes well mate.

Just remember its always better to take it slow and make sure it heals properly. Doing this is always better than hurting it again causing you to be out of action for longer!

My wife would love you :). I am realizing that this is not an injury to mess with. Slow and steady this time

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

I went through the same thing 2 summers ago. A posterior labrum tear... 

It sucks.

But I was able to come back stronger and better than ever before. Don't push it until the therapist says you can, and you'll be fine. 

If you ever want to talk feel free to message me, and best of luck for a speedy recovery!

Good Luck!!  Hope the recovery goes quickly!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Hope you heal with success.

I was at my Doctor yesterday and we're looking at getting my shoulder (rotator) done towards the end of theyear...3 months off work and 6 months no golf.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had rotator cuff done in high school. At least yours is only 3 months. Like Matt, mine was 6 months no sports. I was going crazy. Good news is, once I came back and knocked off the rust I came back better than ever. Short game and slo mo swings really help.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Love hearing all the talk about coming back better than before. It really is motivating and makes me feel better being off all these months

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Healing Vibes coming your way Hulk!

Just think of the Blogging time you'll rack up while you are off the course.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Good luck to you my prayers are also with you. On the real bright side A friend of mine who is a lifetime PGA teaching pro tore his rotator in 07 got surgery was out for 6 months or so but when he healed he picked up at least 20 yards with his driver and now at age 64 hits it scary long. I actually asked him if I tear my rotator and get it fixed can I pick up 20 yards? After all I was "consulting my PGA professional" Isnt that what they tell you to do on TV? But anyhow get well fast

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Good luck to you my prayers are also with you. On the real bright side A friend of mine who is a lifetime PGA teaching pro tore his rotator in 07 got surgery was out for 6 months or so but when he healed he picked up at least 20 yards with his driver and now at age 64 hits it scary long. I actually asked him if I tear my rotator and get it fixed can I pick up 20 yards? After all I was "consulting my PGA professional" Isnt that what they tell you to do on TV? But anyhow get well fast

Much thanks

You're not the first person who says I may pick up yardage due to the fact that I have been playing injured for so long. Sounds like a good trade off to me. Just hoping I'll be able to move it soon since I am no pain. Can't wait to get started on rehab

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Here's to your speedy recovery.

And this, "...if I tear my rotator and get it fixed can I pick up 20 yards?" is a scary thought! Is it the next step in trying to sell game improvement? The TMAG surgical enhancement division? "20 MORE YARDS!" *shudder*

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Here's to your speedy recovery.

And this, "...if I tear my rotator and get it fixed can I pick up 20 yards?" is a scary thought! Is it the next step in trying to sell game improvement? The TMAG surgical enhancement division? "20 MORE YARDS!" *shudder*

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I had a SLAP tear of my left labrum fixed ten years ago. While it's "fixed", I am not pain free. The labrum gets so little blood flow that it is very difficult to get it to heal fully. I also lost yardage - at least a full club - due to my range of motion being intentionally restricted to prevent reinjury. I really hope your results are better than mine. Good Luck!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Archived