13 Club Contract: Who Would You Choose?

Our Sponsors

If I had to buy all new clubs with my own money I might not be able to play golf anymore. I'm that broke. I actually had a nightmare the other night that I accidentally left my car unlocked and somebody stole my golf clubs. I'd be up the creek and begging friends for free replacements. I was so freaked out I went outside at 2:00AM in 30 degree weather and checked to make sure my doors were locked, then I opened my trunk and made sure my clubs were still there. 

Now I'll answer the question. I'd probably go Adams because I could buy the stuff from a couple years ago in near mint condition off Ebay for next to nothing. I've already got an LS driver and 3wood and I could get irons and wedges and hybrids that would be good.

T, you totally ruined this for me, I was getting to dream and you woke me up out of some serious REM sleep.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish more people here knew what Wilson Staff was about.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

If I had to buy all new clubs with my own money I might not be able to play golf anymore. I'm that broke. I actually had a nightmare the other night that I accidentally left my car unlocked and somebody stole my golf clubs. I'd be up the creek and begging friends for free replacements. I was so freaked out I went outside at 2:00AM in 30 degree weather and checked to make sure my doors were locked, then I opened my trunk and made sure my clubs were still there.

A.  That is what you get for leaving your clubs in the car.  I played 350 days during 2012, and carried my clubs to the car from the house and back every day.

B.  Your home owner's insurance will cover your clubs being stolen even if they are not in your house at the time.

So why do I carry them back and forth?  Because I do not want to worry about them in the middle of the night.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

I really wish more people here knew what Wilson Staff was about.

Step back from the ledge, we can talk about this.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

If I had to buy all new clubs with my own money I might not be able to play golf anymore. I'm that broke.

Hey, how 'bout you sell me your handicap index (and the game that goes with it of course) and I'll pay you a whole bunch for it!!!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I think if I had the chance I would probably go with Titleist or Taylormade if I had to play what was available right now. Titleist I have always been a fan of, love their wedges irons feel great and the woods are always solid. I currently play Taylormade irons so thats not a big change for me and there wood line looks great, would just have to get used to the wedges lol.

If I had to go with a 5 year deal that changes it up a bit and like people have already mentioned nike and even cobra would certainly be in contention with Titleist and Taylormade. Nike would have a more complete package in terms of everything on top of clubs, Titleist has footjoy, Taylormade has addidas, and cobra has puma and I love there pants and shirts lol.

There is another layor you have to consider about the 5 year deal though, and that is the amount you can influence the manufacturer when disigning equipment for you. For example, you end up going with Taylormade despite realising their wedges are not that hot but decided that it was worth it and the irons and woods made up for it. You could work with Taylormade in creating a new line or tour only editions of a wedge design that works for you.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Since this is just a mental exercise, and I've intentionally avoided checking out all the new stuff, since I'm not in a position to make any major changes to my setup anytime soon, I think I'd go with Adams.

I've used an Adams driver for most of the past 4 years and just upgraded the shaft with the intent to put it back in the bag, replacing my Titleist. Adams woods & fairways "suit my eye" and are available in lofts (16* fw, for example) I use. At my age, the Idea Irons are something I probably SHOULD consider in the next few years, at least the concept makes a lot of sense. I think I could make the switch to their M. Puglielli Wedges and I've started testing a Yes putter this winter that just may start the season in the bag.

I'm not saying Adams only makes "Old Man" clubs, but they DO have a pretty good selection for old men ;)

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Maybe there's more behind the scenes than I've seen, but what has Nike done to prove they're ready to take the top spot or will do so in 5 years? Every time I've tried their clubs I've desperately wanted to like them, but never do.

If signing the top dogs is all it took, then they would have gotten there a while ago with Tiger. I still think the Covert cavity back is a gimmick and have yet to hear an argument otherwise. Personally, I think they're all about clothes.

Step back from the ledge, we can talk about this.

In reality, I like having clubs that most folks have only read about.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Hey, how 'bout you sell me your handicap index (and the game that goes with it of course) and I'll pay you a whole bunch for it!!!

You are funny, I'm not saying I'd quit, I'm just saying it would take me a long time to get another set as nice as what I have right now. I'd be on here begging all you guys with three backup sets to give me some charity.

You also may not want my index as it is trending up right now. That's what happens when you don't get much time to play.

I love golf too much to quit.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I WOULD BE COMPLETELY HAPPY TO USE ALL TITLEIST OR ALL MIZUNO EQUIPMENT.. IT IS MY OPINION, AND I HAVE PLAYED THIS SILLY GAME FOR 70+ YEARS, THAT THOSE TWO COMPANIES CONSISTENTLY MAKE THE BEST STUFF. TAYLORMADE AND CALLAWAY  ARE IN THE RUNNING SOMETIMES, BUT THEY BOTH TREND TO MAKE WHATEVER THEY CAN HYPE THE LOUDEST--MANY TIMES WITH NOTHING TO BACK UP THE BOGUS CLAIMS.

THEIR ADVERTISING IS LIKE TWO JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BRAGGING ABOUT THE SIZE OF THEIR PRIVATE PARTS. "MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS"

Lets see- currently play SLDR, shot pro 3w, tm hybrid, amp cell irons and ping gorge wedges.

The decision to me is between ping and calloway.

Calloway the winner.

Bertha alpha

Xhot2 3 wood

Xhot2 hybrid

Xhot2 irons

Mdaddy wedges

Since your obviously going to give to winners- I need 1/2inch longer shafts and 2* upright.

Thanks

In the bag-

PXG Proto driver

PXG Gen 3 XPs

Callaway Jaws 54,58

Scotty

It would be a tossup between Cleveland and Wilson.

Driver - 588 Custom

Fairway - 588 Custom

Hybrid - 588 Hybrid 18* bent to 17*

Irons - 588 MT 3-SW

Putter - Odyssey Metal-x Milled #6

or

Driver - Staff D100

Fairway - Staff D100

Hybrid - D100 17*

Irons - D100 ES Hybrid/Iron Set

Putter - Odyssey Metal-X Milled #6

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

Welcome to the forum!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"