Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Yes! Golf Olivia Review

whiskey golf

Putter Review

Yes! Golf Olivia MB

Intro

This review is on the Yes! Golf Olivia MB putter. I have had this putter for about a month now and I feel it is now time to give it a review after practicing with it and taking it out on the course. I was originally drawn to this club in my search for a bullseye style putter that would be made by a modern manufacturer. I looked at some different options and almost gave up on my search but then I remembered looking at this club a while ago and thinking how cool of a putter it was back then. So I picked one up a new one for a good deal and decided to see if it would suit me and what I was looking for.

Here are the specs from the Yes! Golf website:

Head weight: 333g

Material: Manganese Bronze alloy

Toe hang: toe down/ 6 o'clock

Lie: 70 degrees

Loft: 2.5 degrees

I chose to go with 34” in length.

Looks

My first impressions when I received the club were that this was one very nice looking putter. The club has a very good shape to it and the overall package is great. The finish is called Manganese Bronze and I would describe it as a satin copper like finish, very good looking. I don't know if this is the natural color of the Manganese Bronze alloy because this looks nothing like the gold color of a PING Magnesium Bronze Anser for example, so I don't have much knowledge on that. The bottom of the club differs slightly in that it is polished up more than the top so it is not dull looking, it is very smooth and looks great with the engraving. The putter doesn't patina (or at least it hasn't so far) so it's nice that this doesn't need to be maintained like copper or carbon steel. For alignment, Yes! chose to go with a white sight dot which at first I wasn't a big fan of but it has grown on me and works fine. It would be nice if you had a choice between a dot, line, or nothing but nobody offers options like that unless your name is Byron, Slighter, Lamont Mann, etc. Overall, the Olivia looks very good and has many attractive qualities to it.

With that said, there are some things worth mentioning. I originally thought that this club would look more bullseye like, if that makes sense, but in person this reminds me a lot of a Scotty Cameron Coronado. The head shapes at address are pretty similar and both have sight dots. The main differences between the two are the finishes, the hosel is more towards the center on the Olivia, and the Scotty has adjustable weights. The design of the Olivia is more curved like a bullseye versus the Scotty but it isn't noticeable at address. Other than those things, they look alike. This could be good or bad depending on the person. If you want something that looks like a bullseye, this isn't for you. If you want a blade putter similar to a Coronado, then I think you will be pleased with the Olivia. This wasn't a deal breaker or anything with me because I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did.

Feel

These are my thoughts on the feel of the club. The Olivia is very soft feeling but without being too mushy, this is based off of using a Pro V1x and Bridgestone e5/e6. I will admit that the feel took some getting used to because I haven't owned a putter this soft before but it's all good after practicing with it. This shouldn't be a problem for people who own soft feeling putters. I don't personally own any carbon steel putters but I know this is softer than stainless for sure and this is softer than my father's Scotty Circa 62 putter which is carbon steel if I recall. When struck, it is very quiet which most likely attributes to the soft feel since a lot of what we feel is from sound, but the material plays a factor too. The Olivia should have a heavy arc due to the toe hang but I found that this club has some slight arc. It's not straight back straight through but it's not a heavy arc like an 8802 style club or some of the other putters out there.

One thing worth mentioning is the head weight. The website says this is a 333g head but it feels heavier to me. Maybe it's due to the fact that I came from an old Acushnet bullseye but this is my opinion and what I felt. It could also be the swing weight but I haven't checked it and I'm not going to. The weight doesn't bother me because I don't want a putter that's too light or too heavy, this offers a good middle ground.

Also, the stock grip that comes with the putter feels pretty good and looks cool. It's soft yet firm and I like it so there's no need to change it right away.

Performance

The Olivia is a good performer and it has served me well. It puts a good roll on the ball and I prefer a lower loft on a putter which this club has. The grooves probably help too but I'm not going to rave that they are the most amazing thing on a putter, as long as it works and feels good then I'm happy. I don't have much more to say on performance because everyone is different and this will work for some and will suck for others, all I can really say is that for me it puts a good roll on the ball and that it's good enough for me.

Conclusion

-          Has a soft feel

-          Slight arc

-          Puts a good roll on the ball

-          Great looks

-          Not like a bullseye putter

-          Good deal if you can find it for the right price

EB32E9C0-D03F-4CB9-B6AC-AED2A69B164A.jpg

EFFE8AEE-8909-4EE7-B6B3-57DF9D1760F9.jpg

A6A5FC3A-2243-41E9-B3CF-BDA4252CA6E1.jpg

Nice review. I Have a Yes Ann putter and I love it.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Great review! I'm currently trying out a Yes Callie and it may likely be the putter in the bag at the beginning of the season!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Great review! I'm currently trying out a Yes Callie and it may likely be the putter in the bag at the beginning of the season!

I think they made a Callie out of the Magnesium Bronze alloy at one point. You may be able to find some but I'm not sure, I haven't looked. I haven't tried out the normal Callie so I can't compare the feel between the two materials.

Archived