TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hope BG doesn't take offence to this...

Txstcatman

So Stitch Golf is running a promotion through 5pm EST this Thursday (2/13).

40% off any order, no exclusions.  They're apparently getting in some new product and is trying to clear some room it seems.

I know BG is a big presence here, and I don't mean to step on toes, but I also feel competition is good for everyone.  I picked up a set, only because the price was amazing and the colors were just right for my bag.

Happy shopping!

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I've been looking at stitch because I like their driver cover shape. Right up till last night. When Zalbert revealed a new piece of leather.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Buy whatever you want just know that If they are in your bag at the Texas Open Zach will be forced to tell you all the reason's why he feels Best Grips is better. He'll compete alright! I love how hardcore Zach is about what he makes.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Buy whatever you want just know that If they are in your bag at the Texas Open Zach will be forced to tell you all the reason's why he feels Best Grips is better. He'll compete alright! I love how hardcore Zach is about what he makes.

Can't say I've ever gotten the impression that Zach forces his products down others throats. Most of the time I just think of him as a regular forum member.

I have a set of his grips on my wedges. The product speaks for itself.

I am going to have to call BS on this.  I had two wedges at the Vancouver Open with a now defunct leather grip company that was not Best Grip.  I spent a week with Zalbert, and shared a rented house, rented car, and practically all the time that we were in Canada.  It was not until after the Texas Open, some 2 or 3 months later, when his grips out performed everything else, that he explained the difference in his and these other grips. 

Granted, I did not bring it up there, sorta like playing with Mark King and carrying a bag of Titleist, just not a subject that came up, other than I said they were on the wedges when I bought them, and he said they are now out of business.

Not saying he did not show off his product, he just never trashed my grips they way he could, and perhaps, should have.

Oh, and I now have BG on all my clubs and not because I am friends with him or that he has forced them on me.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Haha, my post title was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  I'm sure Zach is a stand-up professional about his product and his competition.  Everyone has the right to market their product and assume stances as to why their product is superior.  I've seen Hula's fairway shoe and MGS themed putter grip from BG, and they definitely are top-notch quality.

I purchased a Par 4 set from Stitch because they had a Green/White/Yellow combo that I think will look great on my Oregon Ducks themed bag (which will soon have 710 CB/MBs with green/yellow ferrules and paintfill).  It's my back up to my Four5 that I absolutely love.

I've personally never tried leather grips.  I've always been a fan of either a cord or multi compound, but I've lately taken to the P2 Pure Grips as well as their Pro model.

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

You don't know what you're missing out on..... Try a microperf. You'll be glad you did. And then you'll want them on the rest of your clubs as well.

Tru Dat!  Have one on my driver  - next comes the wedges.  It's soft, firm and tacky all at the same time, which is a hell of trick...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I am going to have to call BS on this. I had two wedges at the Vancouver Open with a now defunct leather grip company that was not Best Grip. I spent a week with Zalbert, and shared a rented house, rented car, and practically all the time that we were in Canada. It was not until after the Texas Open, some 2 or 3 months later, when his grips out performed everything else, that he explained the difference in his and these other grips.

Granted, I did not bring it up there, sorta like playing with Mark King and carrying a bag of Titleist, just not a subject that came up, other than I said they were on the wedges when I bought them, and he said they are now out of business.

Not saying he did not show off his product, he just never trashed my grips they way he could, and perhaps, should have.

Oh, and I now have BG on all my clubs and not because I am friends with him or that he has forced them on me.

Some of that was a joke, but the difference is that from the start I've initiated a lot of conversations with Zach about his products. He had told me a lot about why best grips is better because I asked him. He then took my back to their secret lab and he and his father showed me what makes their stuff better. I do not think he would mess with you about having a competitors head covers until y'all got to know each other well. Then he'd probably give you one of his for free because 1. He really is that nice and 2. He knows once you try his product you will probably become a lifelong customer.

He did seriously give it to me a while back about switching my driver grip from the microperf back to a rubber grip, but I deserved it.

For the record I liked the way the grip felt and had no performance issues. I simply have been playing the same grip on all my clubs for 20 years and couldn't get used to something different. His product is superior but I'm a head case and a creature of habit. I have a putter grip and driver shoe and love them both.

I want to make it clear. Zach is great, we hit it off the first time we talked and he has become a good friend. I was just having some fun. That's the problem with posting, texting, etc. it's sometimes tough to convey tone and I hate writing lol every time I joke around.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

You don't know what you're missing out on..... Try a microperf. You'll be glad you did. And then you'll want them on the rest of your clubs as well.

Tru Dat!  Have one on my driver  - next comes the wedges.  It's soft, firm and tacky all at the same time, which is a hell of trick...

You've got my interest piqued now... (and yes, I use the correct spelling of the term!)

Some of that was a joke, but the difference is that from the start I've initiated a lot of conversations with Zach about his products. He had told me a lot about why best grips is better because I asked him. He then took my back to their secret lab and he and his father showed me what makes their stuff better. I do not think he would mess with you about having a competitors head covers until y'all got to know each other well. Then he'd probably give you one of his for free because 1. He really is that nice and 2. He knows once you try his product you will probably become a lifelong customer.

He did seriously give it to me a while back about switching my driver grip from the microperf back to a rubber grip, but I deserved it.

For the record I liked the way the grip felt and had no performance issues. I simply have been playing the same grip on all my clubs for 20 years and couldn't get used to something different. His product is superior but I'm a head case and a creature of habit. I have a putter grip and driver shoe and love them both.

I want to make it clear. Zach is great, we hit it off the first time we talked and he has become a good friend. I was just having some fun. That's the problem with posting, texting, etc. it's sometimes tough to convey tone and I hate writing lol every time I joke around.

For the record, I reread your comments yesterday afternoon and almost wrote another post.  The comment you made was tongue in cheek and you actually complimented his product.  I was working and half paying attention to the driver distance thread when I read your comment and perhaps over reacted,  I am really glad I did not say something too mean to you in response.

Not a double post just a deleted one.

You've got my interest piqued now... (and yes, I use the correct spelling of the term!)

THANK YOU!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

THANK YOU!

Not trying to say I'm a spelling/grammar nazi, but I have a hard time letting myself type incorrect expressions/words.

Archived