TESTERS WANTED! ×

tons of power

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this.  I implemented some of this today with excellent results.  I am considering doing a different thread with my thoughts so as not to take away from the nice job you have done here.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Glad u liked it. Believe me , this method is a lot easier than I thought. I load narrow.. Than unload in front of the ball.. Ball just gets in the way. A little tough with the driver yet, but rest of clubs are flying real nice

Hope it helped

Great video.  You should call it an 8 minute video in 4 minutes.  Haha

I am in love with this swing also.  More important, I am loving the concepts that this has brought to the forefront to me.

Rick.. A lot of ways to play this funny game.. But I'm digging this. And my bad back and rotator cuff really likes it .. No pain

Hitting the ball lower is nice too .. With more control.

Ditto, but I am hitting the ball higher with more control.  Go figure that out.

Regarding "swinger" versus "hitter," it sounds like you're hittin the ball great, and I wouldn't give it a second thought. It doesn't matter. Every part of society has this thing about labels and categories, and so many people spend a great portion of their lives chasing rainbows, trying to fit into the "label/category du jour."

I will have to disagree with this statement.  While I too, generally, am not fond of labels, the distinction between hitter vs swinger is far more than just a label.  A swinger powers the swing with a pull of the left hand and a hitter powers the swing by pushing with the right.

Since the majority of golf instruction is geared towards the swinger, it is important that everyone even contemplating this swing understand that the introduction of the right hand slap in the conventional swing, or swinger's swing realize it will be detrimental.

That was the whole reason for creating the Hitter vs Swinger thread.

I will have to disagree with this statement.  While I too, generally, am not fond of labels, the distinction between hitter vs swinger is far more than just a label.  A swinger powers the swing with a pull of the left hand and a hitter powers the swing by pushing with the right.

Since the majority of golf instruction is geared towards the swinger, it is important that everyone even contemplating this swing understand that the introduction of the right hand slap in the conventional swing, or swinger's swing realize it will be detrimental.

That was the whole reason for creating the Hitter vs Swinger thread.

This is interesting.  I always thought of it as a mental battle to avoid the "hit" mentality.  I know what a difference the mental focus between hit and swing makes for me.  Thinking about hitting the ball is about the worst thing I can do.

But I don't know that my actual swing is all "swinger".  I drop my hands with my right arm.  Getting more right arm/hand into it has transformed my driver especially.  It also feels to me that I use more hand action with a driver than with irons to release it.  I have a later release than I used to.  I used to pull too much.  My hands would follow my hip around causing a fade/slice instead of swinging away from my body after impact.  So physically, I may have some "hit" in my swing even though I mentally try to eliminate the thought of "hit".  

Regardless, I don't try to copy anyone and don't pay attention much to "tips" anymore.  It always introduces mechanical thoughts to what I'm doing which is almost as bad as "hit the ball" for me.  Mentally, it's all swing, and feel the weight of the club head increase smoothly with no jerky movements.  When I do that, it's pure.

I find this very interesting.  Until BB started this post, I was unaware that there was a dominant hand theory of swinging a club.  I've been reading all the threads that have sprung from this one with great interest, and will certainly be looking at those books that RP mentions because, I have to say, I've been struggling with accuracy - getting the darn face and path to be where I need it to be at contact.  

I went to the range today to try it again, and wow.  what a revelation.  I've never before been able to send ball after ball right down my target line, from gap right up through five.  Four was a little tricky with some block fades, but hybrid and 3W were just like hitting a 7i.  The only club I haven't figured out yet is the driver, and I do okay with that with a traditional passive-arm swing.

Forgive me for sounding naive, but I've only been playing a few years, and when a newbie like me finds something he hasn't seen before, it's like Christmas morning.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Dude, who is "Rock," who's put out a few vid's basically his take one Lee's grip and a few others. Is he a protege?

My Best,

Richard

He visited lee and took lessons from him. . And was his main guy .. A great player .. Great player .

Bomber, I can't say I'm sure I get it, but it sure is hard to put this game into words.  I will keep working at it for sure, because while I've learned a lot from the instructors I've had, and for sure, they helped me knock about 25 strokes off my score, I've really hit a wall because I am just not accurate enough, and the results I've seen in one round and a bucket at the range lead me to think that this could help me break through  several more strokes each round.

Thanks for this thread!!!

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Thanks for the screenshot.  That really helps!

So he's sort of like Dan Shauger or Jaacob were to Mike Austin?

Do you watch his vids?

Regards,

Richard

Yep , we text daily..about a dozen times.. He does a lot of his own stuff. But I love picking his brain on the slam of the club and how to go out and just play the game. We also share swings on the skypro.. Learned a lot from rock

Yep , we text daily..about a dozen times.. He does a lot of his own stuff. But I love picking his brain on the slam of the club and how to go out and just play the game. We also share swings on the skypro.. Learned a lot from rock

Rock is all about playing the game, not caring about look. But results on the score card..which is the attitude we should all have

Rock is all about playing the game, not caring about look. But results on the score card..which is the attitude we should all have

This!! I have had a great swing for a couple of years, but guess what? The object of a swing is to put the face at impact at a specific angle and trajectory, and my resulting ball flight ain't always so pretty, so I don't care what I look like as long as I can reproduce it and put the ball where I want it to go.

Archived