Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Lululemon Athletica - Most Comfortable Apparel in Golf

SPY ZINGER

Lululemon Athletica

image 3.jpeg

I am going to start this article off with a conclusion. It's really all you need to know and something I wholeheartedly believe. Lululemon apparel is the most comfortable apparel I have ever worn.

Listen, I am with you here. The first thing that comes to mind when you hear, “Lululemon,” is workout apparel for females. Specifically, well-designed yoga pants. If you have spent any time in a gym, at the mall, or at the neighborhood park in the last couple years, you've no doubt seen the logo. It's everywhere and on everyone. In fact, it's migrated from the gym to everyday fashion.

God bless those that wear it, because it looks fantastic. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, all of you. The mom's in my neighborhood have realized my fondness for the gear. They even take the time to send me a photo whenever they're shopping at a retail store. “How's it look, Zinger?” they'll ask. I approve. I don't really know what it is, the style, shape, cut, design, color, but I have never seen a bad Lulu selection.

image.jpeg

*Authentic, Zinger neighbor

No, this isn't about yoga pants or me wearing them. It's about the men's line and it's relevant application to golf consumers.

A couple months back, I was shopping with my first wife at the Lulu shop at the Mall of America. It's was the first time I noticed Lulu actually offers a men's line. Like the woman's selections, at first glance, I thought it looked great. As a golf apparel aficionado, I had to give them a look.

The Selections:

Precision Polo

LM3545S_012832_1.jpg

The best way I can describe how this shirt feels on the body is, orgasmic. The fit, finish and feel is unlike any other technical golf polo you've worn. It does not ‘feel' like everything else in the tech market, almost like silk. It's different, it's extremely light weight, and feels like it was laser fit to your body. It's an absolute joy to wear and will be the most comfortable fitting golf shirt in your closet. I promise. Although concealed, the Precision polo has buttons underneath to hold the collar in place. The Precision Polo retails for $98.

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4196.JPG

Why Lulu Made it:

We designed this shirt to take us from tee off to the 19th hole. Offset seams under the arms cut down on the chances of chafing and give us full range of motion for an unrestricted swing. Anti-stink Silverescent fabric and a mesh back panel keep us smelling fresh from the course to the clubhouse.

Features

structured collar sits straight

back Mesh panel for extra breathability

offset side seams cut down on underarm chafing

four-way stretch Silverescentâ„¢ fabric is designed to sweat in

The Core 1/2 Zip

image 2.jpeg

*Yes that's me and yes they're registered

When I put this on for the first time, I turned to my wife and said, this feels great. Seriously, I sound like a broken record here. But, the feel of the Core Zip, much like the Precision Polo is without question, the most comfortable pullover garment I have worn. The texture has a remarkable softness, almost like suede leather, but cotton-like soft. Although it's more of a tailored fit, your body can move and function without restriction. The tailored fit and high neck help maintain warmth and is a perfect pullover. The Core 1/2 retails for $108.

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.JPG

Why Lulu Made It:

"Chilled" is great for a beer - for a workout, not so much. We designed this soft, sweat-wicking shirt to keep us warm and dry when temperatures drop. The slim fit and high neck help hold our core heat where it belongs. Cheers to that.

Features:

our Ruluâ„¢ fabric is breathable and four-way stretch

Mesh vents under the arms keep air flowing when you heat up

keep your essentials close in the secure pocket

thumbholes help keep your sleeves down for easy layering under a jacket

reflective details help you be seen in low-light situations

runners will appreciate the chafe-resistant flat seams

Kahuna Short

LM7336S_5760_2.jpg

Like the two pervious selections, it will be no secret that the Kahuna short feel on the legs is fantastic. The construction and finish of the Kahuna is nothing less than quality. They are probably the most well-made pair of shorts I have owned. The material is stretchy, and without restriction during the movements in golf. Lulu describes the fabric as durable, and they are all of that and a bag of range balls. They feel indestructible. Like everything else in this line, they'll become your go-to shorts on Saturday mornings.

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

*Yes, that's an iPhone pocket

My lone complaint with the Kahuna was their length falling below the knees. I soon learned that this is by design, as they are made to be hemmable. That's right, get them tailored to the exact length you prefer. This is also a free service at any Lulu retail location. The Kahuna Shorts retail at $78, and in my opinion, underpriced given the design. That's the first time I believe I have described a piece of golf apparel as underpriced. If you try these on, you'll soon understand.

Why Lulu Made It:

The Hawaiian word "Kahuna" means "expert in any profession." We designed these shorts to back us up whether we're hiking, biking or out for a round of golf. Made with durable fabric that's two-way stretch and breathable, they might just help us get to expert status in all things athletic and beyond.

Features:

made with durable fabric that has two-way stretch for comfort

these shorts are hemmable - customize the length to your liking at any of our stores (it's our treat)

plenty of pockets to hold all of your stuff

designed not to shrink so there are no surprises in the wash

athletic fit for a muscular posterior (that's hockey butt in layman's terms)

IMPORTANT: The fit of Lulu product can be described as slim/tailored fit. However, this description is true -but- one size up from normal. So as a guy that typically wears a Large, the XL fits like a slim fit Large. If you really want a traditional American fit, true to size, you'll probably need to go up two sizes. This is true for their entire line. In the shorts, as a size 34” waist, I needed to go up to a 36” waist. Keep that in mind if placing an order online.

Lululemon product is priced a tad higher than some golf specific technical products. Given the quality and design, it's accurately priced in the market. Lulu designs their gear to “withstand five years of intended use and keep it's functional intent.” I have never heard a company describe their product in such a way. If this marketing speak holds true, I believe the product to be an exceptional value. I would also argue they are the most comfortable feeling tech apparel available today. If there is a company that produces tech apparel that is designed better for it's function, and is as comfortable as Lulu, I haven't seen it yet. There is a new King of Comfort, Lululemon has arrived in golf.

Posted Image

Take that you haters calling us the "worst dressed city in Canada" our apparel is Zinger approved! Suck it! I'm wearing my lululemons right now!

They do have nice stuff! Great write up :)

(Warning: "they're not made for all body types" lol)

HA!  Yes, take that!

Maybe you'd like to post a pic?  I know #DanWould

Posted Image

I will take any excuse to go lululemon.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

awesome write up! coming from Vancouver, i have quite a bit of lululemon clothing too and they are some of the most comfortable i've worn! shorts and t shirts mainly, but i just might go pick up a precision polo ... thanks for sharing!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

SeeThru, overrated yoga pants.  Yoga pants are yoga pants whether they come from there, Marshalls, or wherever.  They're all the same, they're yoga pants and either you look good in them or bad in them. 

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

SeeThru, overrated yoga pants.  Yoga pants are yoga pants whether they come from there, Marshalls, or wherever.  They're all the same, they're yoga pants and either you look good in them or bad in them. 

Agree to disagree. Sorry but you could cover up the logo on the lulu and other brands and see a difference in quality of material and stitch work to know that Lulu is top notch. Nike, UA, and others use a thinner, less structured material. Sure lulu is the 'it' brand right now, along with Athleta, but there is a reason they cost so much and have a warranty on them. Sure, yoga pants aren't for everyone, but Lulus truly are the 'wonderbra for the butt'.

I have been preaching about Lulu golf pants for 4 years. I didn't even know they made golf pants until I played with a guy in a tournament. I was impressed right off the bat. They are crazy expensive but the best fit I've ever worn. They also have proper venting in the right areas to keep things cool and dry. I wish they would expand their polo line but I understand they want to focus on clothing going to and from the gym. A lot of their running cold weather tops could be used for golf. Their shorts don't breathe as well as a the tech material from adidas, puma and under armour but I equate that to their heavier material. This is about the time of year their pants go on sale...so you're paying $75 instead of $125. I wear a couple pair to the office in the summer time because I need all the help I can get when it's 95* and 90% humidity.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I've been wearing Lulu for a few years now, and it's a fantastic brand.  It's the little things that set them apart, fully flat seams in just about everything, tons of useful pockets and incredible durability. Another thing I've been really impressed with is their Game-on boxer briefs - next time you go into the store ask the staff, they're selling a ton.

I didn't know about this company before reading this, I had no idea it was already this popular.

This is my sole purpose in these apparel articles. Showing you guys what's out there, giving some details, and letting you decide. Happy to read this Whiskey.

Posted Image

• 9 months later...

Archived