Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NEW - MacGregor Website Is Up

GolfSpy_X

Wow that MacGregor wedge looks awesome. Even the box looks great. And for $100 that is ever so tempting...

FYI: The box was part of a Press package so if you go to retail to buy the wedge you will only get the wedge. Hope you all didn't think it was part of the retail package.

Golfsmith - Proprietary Graphic Designer

What's in my Bag?

What if the clubs are shipped to you?

Standard Brown Shipping Box. The box shown was only for a Press Package to announce the Launch and supply the press with additional information and media about the products.

However, the VIP and M85i Irons do currently come in a nice White MacGregor Box.

MacGregor-Iron-Boxes.jpg

Golfsmith - Proprietary Graphic Designer

What's in my Bag?

FYI: The box was part of a Press package so if you go to retail to buy the wedge you will only get the wedge. Hope you all didn't think it was part of the retail package.

I know, but it really does look cool. Very fancy.

Standard Brown Shipping Box. The box shown was only for a Press Package to announce the Launch and supply the press with additional information and media about the products.

However, the VIP and M85i Irons do currently come in a nice White MacGregor Box.

MacGregor-Iron-Boxes.jpg

I'm just not too sure that you can put 1897 on the box.... how about 2010????

and Golfsmith...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just a tad misleading.....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just a tad misleading.....

Not really. Not any different than Cobra being acquired by Fortune Brands.

Other than how folks view the two companies.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

• SPY VIP

Can someone please add me to the list where people get cool boxes with free wedges inside mailed to them? :)

The photos of this one look much better than the other thread's. Face looks like the gunmetal Nickent wedges I snagged from rock bottom.

Still not thinking they can compete in the Vokey/Cleveland/Scratch price arena though. Better shot and competing with the Adams-Watson wedge at $60. But that is a great wedge too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Can someone please add me to the list where people get cool boxes with free wedges inside mailed to them? :)

The photos of this one look much better than the other thread's. Face looks like the gunmetal Nickent wedges I snagged from rock bottom.

Still not thinking they can compete in the Vokey/Cleveland/Scratch price arena though. Better shot and competing with the Adams-Watson wedge at $60. But that is a great wedge too...

That made me think: a wedge review comparison might be a good idea.

Sac, what did you ever do with those 2 sets of Nicket wedges?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived