Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

reading the signatures in the forum

Kor.A.Door

as I read the signatures of many of the forum members i see some things that i have questions about, I am in no way trying to say that what i play is better or anything like that. i am not a fitter and i am in no putting anyone down for what they choose to play

many of you have put your bag specs as your signature, and i know why, but i noticed that many higher HCP'ers (i would say 14 on up) are carrying 13 deg 3 woods, and i have yet to see a lower hcp (10 or less) member have anything less than a 15 deg. 3 wood, that should tell you something, as a higher hcp person there is no reason for you to have or use a 13* wood unless it is strictly used of the tee. a 13* wood is very difficult to hit off the deck, and i wouldnt recommend that for a 5 hcp much less a 15,16,17 hcp, people choose clubs for different reasons, i just wonder why the high hcp members have chosen low lofted fwd. while low hcp member all use higher lofted or "standard" lofted fwd.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

See T's thread about GI irons. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm probably one of those you are referring to, particularly since I raved about my 13 deg tour spoon yesterday in another thread.  Well, my high handicap is due primarily to my short game and inconsistency off the tee.  I've never had an issue with getting the ball airborne off the deck with my fairway woods.  Its in a bit of a slump right now, but my 13 deg is probably my most consistent club off the tee and is pretty consistent off the fairway.  The only reason I don't hit it all the time is that my 5w is even more consistent.  The 13 deg is more consistent than my hybrid and long irons (a lot of that is confidence in the club, probably, since I've been carrying a 3+ since the Callaway warbird days and its always been my favorite club).  Frankly, with my long game I should be a much lower handicap (Friday notwithstanding), but my short game is probably at a 22 level right now (four bad chips and six three putts Friday).  So, there's more to it than just the raw handicap number.  IMHO

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I've just never understood how very particular higher handicappers are about their equipment at times. Really?

Wouldn't you get BETTER at some point? Trying to talk sensible equipment decisions can be very difficult with some people.

But to answer your question, OP, it's a swing flaw bandaid more often than not. "I balloon my ______ club."

The swing path has nothing to do with that, of course.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I have seen a lot of golf and a lot of golfers in my 56 years of living. There is nothing set or predictable about this goofy game. A particular club in my opinion has nothing to do at all with a persons skill level or handicap. My dad ran a public course for 17 years and I grew up there. I have seen good players play all irons including a 1 iron and play below par golf. I knew one fellow who played those Northwestern woods driver through 15 wood the only "iron" in the bag was the putter and he shot par or below par all the time. I have seen hackers that could hit one club real good and that was it. My opinion on a particular club is if you like it and are confident with it hit it no matter how odd it may seem. Personally I have been carrying an old Steelhead 3 wood for 12 years now. I absolutely cannot find another of any make or model or year that I can hit like it.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm probably one of those you are referring to, particularly since I raved about my 13 deg tour spoon yesterday in another thread. Well, my high handicap is due primarily to my short game and inconsistency off the tee. I've never had an issue with getting the ball airborne off the deck with my fairway woods. Its in a bit of a slump right now, but my 13 deg is probably my most consistent club off the tee and is pretty consistent off the fairway. The only reason I don't hit it all the time is that my 5w is even more consistent. The 13 deg is more consistent than my hybrid and long irons (a lot of that is confidence in the club, probably, since I've been carrying a 3+ since the Callaway warbird days and its always been my favorite club). Frankly, with my long game I should be a much lower handicap (Friday notwithstanding), but my short game is probably at a 22 level right now (four bad chips and six three putts Friday). So, there's more to it than just the raw handicap number. IMHO

I'm in the same boat. I originally got the 13* R9 when Phil started using the Prankenwood, but I ended up really hitting it well. Even off the deck it's no less difficult to hit than the 3 woods I've had in the past. So, with that said, why would I assume that at my HC that I can't hot something. My errors are largely mental, in which case, it really doesn't matter what I'm hitting. Technology means nothing to me compared to feel and look, because in the end it comes doesn't to that comfort level, which in turn plays a much larger role on my mental game than if the club is an offset, perimeter weighted shovel.

The point is, I feel more comfortable and confident hitting my 3 wood now than ever before. Aside from that, I like challenging myself as much as I can, because it makes the success feel just that much better. After all, I'm not trying to be the best golfer out there. I'm trying to enjoy golf as much as I can.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

As an aside, I know you didn't intend to be accusatory, but one of the things I've always liked around here is the complete lack of interest in handicaps.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Here's the thing that I've learned. As Jax said handicaps come in all shapes and sizes. It's not like we're on tour where the margins are close, they aren't. There are guys who struggle to break 100 or 90 with 100 mph club head speed and guys who shoot par that swing it at 90.

Better players figure out what works for them and stick with it because it's a golf course and they are trying to get around it in fewer strokes. I've lost sight of that of late but think I regained it today playing 9 with those pros and then watching the end of the match play event.

I'm sure there are guys on this site that have the wrong clubs in their bag but I can't guess who unless I play with them a few times. Lots of ways to skin a cat in this game. I'm going back to focusing in on what works for me. Drive it straight, hit it in the best position to make par and move on. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am a High HC player and I would bag a 13 deg 3 wood if I didn't already have a 3 wood. It would not help or hurt my score, it would only hurt my golf budget.

:)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well, I just ordered a 12* driver, so I wouldn't be getting a 13* 3 wood...in fact, I'm going to send my 15* 3 wood to the basement and get an 18* 5 wood.

Hireko makes a 14* club they call a Thriver, size of a driver and close to 3 wood loft, but you can't hit it off the deck.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have a 14* in my trunk that I actually hit well. But I bag a 17* and 20* hybrid. Better control.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My current driver is set to 12.5 and my 3 wood is 15*...........both of which I hit fairly consistently. I am a high Hcap (19) because I shattered my left wrist 15 years ago and it does not work all the time......Prior to that I was a 10 for a long time. I am very pleased to game a 81 or even an occasional 77.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My current driver is set to 12.5 and my 3 wood is 15*...........both of which I hit fairly consistently. I am a high Hcap (19) because I shattered my left wrist 15 years ago and it does not work all the time......Prior to that I was a 10 for a long time. I am very pleased to game a 81 or even an occasional 77.

With that posted 17 hdcp you would be kicking butt and taking names with that 81 or 77. But seriously that is why the handicap system works if used correctly. See I take it that at one time you were not a high handicapper but due to injury your game suffered but you still enjoy the game. That is a good thing that you still play and enjoy the game

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I rotated the TMaG 13° Spoon in '12 with the Adams F-11 Ti 15°. I used the spoon for a few courses(Oakmont & one other course), where, I could bring it in lower than I can at my course or a few others that I play, where the majority of greens are elevated. I bagged the 15° Ti F-11 probably 75% of the time.

Very astute observation Lefty, I noticed the same thing and often wondered "WTH?," though I've just kept it in my thoughts, lol.

The one thing that I know is that regardless of handicap, if you don't have an above average SS, and I'm talkin more than a few miles per hour faster, you're gonna have trouble hittin low lofted irons, hybrids and metals consistently.

That's not opinion, it's a fact, lol

Have a great season Bro

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

You are correct about with the lower SS having trouble hitting lower lofted clubs. I see that a lot with retirees down here. They have been "brainwashed" that hybrids are so easy to hit that anyone can hit them and they cant understand why they cant hit that 19* and 21* hybrid. I had a guy that was having trouble hitting his hybrids that were 19 and 21. I did a reverse psyco thing with him. He had a couple of Malty glider irons in his stuff that I fixed up for him. All I did was take his 5I and 6I and bend them up 2* and put one piece of lead tape in the bottom. He hits them high for him and pretty decent. I refuse to tell him what I did but basically I uplofted them and the lead tape did nothing at all but psych him out but he hits them high like he wants and is happy. Sometimes my off the wall stuff works. Besides he is 74 years old and cant swing that fast anyhow but what the heck

G

With that posted 17 hdcp you would be kicking butt and taking names with that 81 or 77. But seriously that is why the handicap system works if used correctly. See I take it that at one time you were not a high handicapper but due to injury your game suffered but you still enjoy the game. That is a good thing that you still play and enjoy the game

Thanks for the compliment STU, been playing since I was 8.....My Grandfather taught me the game as I caddied for him every Saturday for several years ......now I play weekly and run a game that averages 40 players out of 80 members. I run a 2 day tourney every 6 months and also set up a Buddy Trip (6 rounds in 4 days) every June.  With my injury, I am grateful that I can still game a decent round occasionally. The rest of the time, I am just happy to be on the course.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

People should play what works for them.  I was a plus handicap in college and was always asked why I carried a 7 wood and the answer was very easy......I can't hit a one or two iron.  Even for the last 15 years after college the lowest iron in my bag has been a 5 iron since again I don't hit long irons well and no sense having clubs in my bag that I have absolutely no confidence in.

I grew up playing with my Grandpop and his friends and I saw some really good players that played very unorthodox equipment and unfortunately I have seen many more that play equipment that is way above their skill level.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

RBz 13 Deg 3+ Tour Spoon results today:

One drive--310 hole, center of fairway to 80 yds out.  Result--Par  (longest drive of foursome, rest hitting driver)

One shot from par 5 fairway, approx 215, slight push to right rough by green. Result--bogey (had to chip back to fairway after drive).

Both shots had great elevation (good soar factor, as we like to call it).

I love my 3+.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I'll bite as I am one of the aforementioned offenders. I bagged it simply because my swing was improving and it was doing what I wanted it to do. I need to update my signature as the 15* V steel is gonna once again take its place as it is a touch longer for me. I totally feel what you and a lot of other grizzly vets must think when looking at a hack such as mines bag. The one thing you don't see that better players I tee it up with see is that the only thing holding me stagnant in my scores is dumping the 3-4 blowup holes per round and the few other mental mistakes made. There have been no less than 5 good players lately tell me how odd they find it that I shoot the numbers I do as they think I am a mid to low 80's shooter. I will agree that if all key components are not right and in place the 13* is a real SOB to get along with. I will however never forget the back to back 235 yd. pokes I made with it on a par 5, pure heaven.

Taylormade R5 Dual TP 9.5* Aldila Voodoo SVS7

Taylormade V Steel 15* Accra M4 Dymatch 

Titleist 909H 17* Aldila Voodoo

Taylormade V Steel 18* S300

Wilson DXI 25* Aldila Voodoo SVS8

Taylormade 2003 Rac CB 5-PW S300

Cleveland Tour Issue 588 54* Tour Zip Grooves PX 6.5 Flighted

Fourteen MT 28 V5 TS 62* DG 

C&L 355g Beached 34"

all I was trying to say here is that the 13* 3 wood is very difficult to hit, for anyone, and when saw that many of the high handicappers in here are carrying them I just thought it was odd. if you feel like you can play with that club then its not a big deal, but I would bet that many could benefit from a different club in that slot. its no different than trying a new driver, or wedge, or putter, just something to take a look at, and see if there is something better that you can use.

Hoping that my post did not come off wrong lefty as I completely understand and feel your concerns. The game is difficult enough without adding to it for sure. I am definitely different from the norm with a lot of my equipment, and not a good baseline for a typical hi capper. I have tried all the stuff a player like me should be playing and should benefit from but it just ends up being money wasted, so I finally gave up on the game improvement stuff. 

C&L 355g Beached 34"

no problem, there are clubs we all try that we think will help, but just end up being wasted money, myself included, but i think that low lofted 3 woods and low lofted clubs in general will not help anyone's handicap get better, if you mis-hit a 13* club it goes nowhere, they are also much more prone to going left or right, backspin can help eliminate some of the "sidespin" and help keep the ball on course vs. in the rough, or trees. its not necessarily a GI thing, its more of playing more consistent, give up very little distance (if any) for more accuracy, and more consistent ball striking. if we all want to improve in the game, i don't see anything wrong with calling out people to make them think maybe what i play is wrong. thats why you see everyones bag change all the time. change can be good, thats why we all look for something new. this particular issue happens to be 13* woods, and the only reason i brought up HCP is because this club is different in the low vs high HCP bags. this issue could apply to any club in anyone's bag, this one just happens to be the wood.

I'll bite as I am one of the aforementioned offenders. I bagged it simply because my swing was improving and it was doing what I wanted it to do. I need to update my signature as the 15* V steel is gonna once again take its place as it is a touch longer for me. I totally feel what you and a lot of other grizzly vets must think when looking at a hack such as mines bag. The one thing you don't see that better players I tee it up with see is that the only thing holding me stagnant in my scores is dumping the 3-4 blowup holes per round and the few other mental mistakes made. There have been no less than 5 good players lately tell me how odd they find it that I shoot the numbers I do as they think I am a mid to low 80's shooter. I will agree that if all key components are not right and in place the 13* is a real SOB to get along with. I will however never forget the back to back 235 yd. pokes I made with it on a par 5, pure heaven.

I will say there is something to those old TM V Steel woods. I have been carrying an old V steel 7 wood for a number of years. Those things hit good. I don't know what it is but they have quite a bit of following myself included. I was at a TM demo day last summer and one of the reps tried to buy mine I told him no way. He said that you would not believe how many old V Steel woods of various degrees were still in bags out on tour

G

It was funny after reading this topic yesterday morning I went to the range basically to stay loose. I ran into a young man I had met about 4 years ago. This young man is a very well educated well dressed professional person extremely polite about 24 years old or so. He came up to me and said "how are you doing sir remember me?" I told him his face and demeanor looked familiar. He told me he met me on the range 4 or 5 years ago then I remembered. we had played a little benefit tournament for the FOP and were in the meeting room when one of the guys looking out said oh that kid is going to hurt himself. There was this kid hitting the ball cross handed off the mats. I went out there ( I don't normally interfear with people) and asked him if he had ever played golf before and he said no that he had seen golf on tv and wanted to try it. He had went to a second hand store and bought a set of used clubs and proceeded to the range. I showed him how to hold the club so he would not injure his wrists. Any how in the preceeding years he had taken up golf and loves it. Of course he had bought some nice Nike clubs but was having trouble with his new driver. He told me he bought it because his golfing buddies had told him it was the newest thing and newer was better but he still had his older driver and hit it better. I told him hell I have clubs in my bag older than him (at least 3) that newer aint always better. He pulled out his older driver that he had bought shortly after meeting me a 5 or 6 year old Cleveland and could smoke it. I told him what is wrong with that? This kid is smart enough he learned the lesson right off. He grinned and said "that stays in the bag the new one is going on e bay tonight"

G

Smart Kid! ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Just a little update. I put the V steel 3 wood 15* in the bag for my round last week. I had 230 to the pin on a par 5 and came up 10 yds short dead in line with it  after hitting a nice towering baby draw. Overall I hit 6 shots with it with similar results. I should have used it more as I was a little off with its 5 wood counterpart. The round in and of itself was very horrible as my head just was not in it at all, which is a real shame because I was getting off the tee in good form all day log just unable to convert anything whatsoever. The course is a fairly short one, but I am beginning to believe the course just does not fit my eye. We played a scramble there once and shot 61 with a great deal of my shots attributing to the score and since then I have failed to even come close to breaking 90 there. Sorry for the rabbit trail. Viva La V Steel, a 7 and 9 wood are on the way to replace my hybrids.

C&L 355g Beached 34"

Just a little update. I put the V steel 3 wood 15* in the bag for my round last week. I had 230 to the pin on a par 5 and came up 10 yds short dead in line with it  after hitting a nice towering baby draw. Overall I hit 6 shots with it with similar results. I should have used it more as I was a little off with its 5 wood counterpart. The round in and of itself was very horrible as my head just was not in it at all, which is a real shame because I was getting off the tee in good form all day log just unable to convert anything whatsoever. The course is a fairly short one, but I am beginning to believe the course just does not fit my eye. We played a scramble there once and shot 61 with a great deal of my shots attributing to the score and since then I have failed to even come close to breaking 90 there. Sorry for the rabbit trail. Viva La V Steel, a 7 and 9 wood are on the way to replace my hybrids.

I just recently went to a 9 wood and 25* hybrid myself and pulled out the 5 iron and 6 iron. I have been practicing those clubs quite a lot recently and have gotten to where I can hit a variety of shots with both and have a whole lot of confidence with both

G

Archived