Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hack To Jack Reality Show Update

GolfSpy Barbajo

So gang, here's the latest on my quest to be a finalist in the Hack To Jack Golf Reality Show...

The final "auditions" start this weekend.  They're splitting it up into 4 groups, and my audition will be March 11th.  They're going to hold a "skills" competition and a video interview to weed the group down to the final 12.  They're then going to pick four more out of the 350 people who didn't make it to the final 100, for a total of 16.

From there the final 16 will go through an extended game improvement program, including workouts, a weekly lesson from one of the PGA instructors at the Minnesota Golf Academy, and on the course events.  They're already planning at big golf weekend at one of the resorts in Northern Minnesota sometime in May. 

The whole whoopdeedoo has been a blast so far, and have met some fun, new people, which is why we play this game, isn't it???

And my MGS Vancouver Open hat has sparked some interest!!!

They had a big Cleveland Demo Day and fun event this past weekend…some pretty crazy competitions, but it was a good time...

And if you haven't gone to the Hack Golf site yet, please do so and vote for the Hack To Jack concept.  The organizers have posted the show as a way to help grow the game and make it more fun for everyone, which is a concept I support wholeheartedly.  Here's a link to the Hack Golf voting site.

And for more info on the Hack To Jack concept, here's a link to their Facebook page.

And here's a link to their website.

Thanks again for all your support during the voting.  Will keep you up to date over the next couple of weeks.  Wish me luck!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Here for you if you need the celebrity support John!

You got Zinger to go?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If Zinger could show up on my behalf, well hell, that's better than the Pope!

Here's the criteria for how they're going to choose the final 16...

We've had a lot of questions about "How will the finalists be selected for the show?" Here are some of the things that our team is looking for:

a) Personality
B) Ability to have fun during the Hack to Jack events
c) Votes and interaction on your posted videos
d) Participation in Hack to Jack and TwinCitiesGolf.com events during February and March (for upcoming events, watch the HackToJack.com website/ facebook pages and www.TwinCitiesGolf.com (click on Fun Golf Events). These events allow us to get to know you better and show your involvement level.
e) How you answer interview questions
f) Who posts/ likes/ comments on Hack to Jack facebook, twitter, YouTube and on the Hack to Jack blog post on the TaylorMade HackGolf site athttp://www.hackgolf.org/hackathons/golf/contribution/hack-jack-golf-reality-show-skills-challenge-game-improvement-programs
g) How you interact with other contestants and the show instructors and staff
h) How you perform in individual and team skills challenges (and skill is not the determining factor)
i) How you share your journey on Hack to Jack via your social media channels
j) Who gives us ideas on how we can improve and make the program more fun

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Don't forget us little people when u get on TV...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Don't forget us little people when u get on TV...

I'm sorry KY, your people are going to have to contact my people….  :blink:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Aren't they being a bit presumptuous in assuming that Northern Minnesota will not still be snow-covered in May???

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Aren't they being a bit presumptuous in assuming that Northern Minnesota will not still be snow-covered in May???

Ssshhhhhhhhh - Mother Nature might be listening….

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

You have posted on your profile that you are an 11 hdcp. In my humble opinion that is not exactly what I call a hack. Anyhow I will vote for you and good luck with what you are trying to acheive

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

You have posted on your profile that you are an 11 hdcp. In my humble opinion that is not exactly what I call a hack. Anyhow I will vote for you and good luck with what you are trying to acheive

The program is geared toward improvement and fun more than anything else.  I'm sure they'll have a mix of skill levels - the personality mix is probably most important to them...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The program is geared toward improvement and fun more than anything else.  I'm sure they'll have a mix of skill levels - the personality mix is probably most important to them...

2 key words there Improvement and Fun good deal

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is the video from last week's event…a Cleveland Demo Day/Ping-Pong Tournament/Golf Carnival….

I still say those balloons were NOT regulation size….

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 2 weeks later...

Update - my audition for the final 16 is this Tuesday, and the announcement of the final 16 will be made on the 18th on a local radio show.  

Gotta get the wardrobe ready -- wish me luck!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Good luck!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That show is made for JohnnyMorePants!

May need to expand the wardrobe if I make it…to look good is to feel good, and to feel good is to play good!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

May need to expand the wardrobe if I make it…to look good is to feel good, and to feel good is to play good!

My other favorite along those lines "Fake it 'til you make it"

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived