TESTERS WANTED! ×

SLDR - Jetspeed.....so quite good then?

westy

Now now, short is comparative! Yeah alright I'm only a 240 yard man, mind you it's all carry....which is where I think I lose out most. Ok 240 in warm weather!

Interesting to hear how you get on at 45 inches, I think if I'm honest I grip down all my clubs a bit - probably an inch on the 3 wood. So I'd probably make the stock shaft more like 45.5

Hoping I can try a fair few shafts on Wednesday - will post flightscope numbers on my return.

OK westy.....two rounds.......7/14 first round on unfamiliar layout and not accustomed to club; 11/13 in round two......I enjoyed hitting this higher, straighter and longer than anything for some time now........had about 4 over 270.......THIS CLUB WANTS TO BE SWUNG AGGRESSIVELY! Very stable through impact. ......shot shaping is subtle. ......EXCITED! don't forget I'm using a 20g heavier shaft too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rev, I've found that to neutralize this head, go one either direction and two the opposite direction with the weight. The hot spot setting seems to be one closed (higher loft) with the weight 2 clicks toward fade. I've gotten the best distance with it like that on the 460. I've only hit balls into the pasture behind my house this far with the 430.

And for those wondering, the 14* driver is now shipping

Okay played today with it for the first time. Tried the Rookie setting on the range but went neutral on the course. The guy I played with is generally 20 yards longer than I am when we both flush it. Not today! I was neck and neck with him, slightly behind a few time and actually slightly ahead on one where we both cranked it. I was a little tentative into the wind because it flies so high until I realized that the ball still got out there remarkably well. It flies high but doesn't balloon.

I think I need to move the weight one or two towards fade. I'd like a little less draw.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

well then that was interesting and a bit weird!  Swing wasnt in good nick tonight, but I was very surprised by the results.  The impact of the swing being off i think was really seen in some of the lateral distances and low smash numbers.

anyway, i didn't really enjoy hitting either Taylormade tonight, im not sure if on another day results would be different, possibly so.  Tried a number of shafts, loft settings and positions of sldr weight.  Then worked my way through a load of other drivers in the test area....

Ive put a few of the results in a table below

drivers.png

I know the SLDR spin is high and smash is low, im sure i could get this working for me with time but damn that Nike was great from the moment I put it behind the ball (set at 9.5 slight draw).  Oh and it was the normal covert didnt like the tour.  It was also easily the straightest.

when i brought loft down below 11.5 with the SLDR it went very wrong indeed......given how bad I actually hit the Jetspeed and SLDR the distances werent bad.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Anyone can see the Nike is for you. That's pretty convincing evidence. The lateral was off the charts straight.

How about those spin numbers for the xhot?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Yep not much spin! Only had pro version available but I reckon as with covert the normal version would work better for me. I never really know what's good and bad with spin though.

The other thing of course is how you feel over a driver, the nike of all of them just felt right. The callaway felt pretty good as well and sounded good. It's a shame the nike is bright red!

Also tried the cobra biocell, ping i25 and g25 - I was exhausted by the end of the session, yet the nike was the last one I hit and got the best results.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

That Nike looks like a winner for you. It always continues to amaze me how the same equipment performs so differently even for golfers with similar swings. I think how we feel about the club, it's look, it's sound, has a lot to do with it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I notice you were tired out by the swing speed with the Nike, but lo and behold, the "LM Carnival game" of swinging out of one's shoes had ended by then, so that Nike was probably hit under more typical physical conditions that simulated walking a round of golf. You could hit that one well still by hole #18 on a hot day more than likely.

For what it's worth, I have taken only a few swipes with SLDR and they were horrible. Contrast to a friend's original Covert Performance that I've also only taken a couple swipes with that were dead straight and long. I've taken massive crap for only hitting sldr a few times, but I am good enough to tell and know what I see for the resulting flight. And yes, if it wasn't red, the Nike might find a spot. Cobra has what, 7 colors available? Hey Nike, how about adding a BLACK head? Thanks!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• SPY VIP

Covert looks good there, but I've become incredibly dubious of simple charts (without know what goes into them). I've spent an exhaustive amount of time developing our testing protocols, and an insane amount of time in the last month talking to the guys who run club testing for a handful of OEMs. There's a lot to consider, even when just testing a few clubs on your own.

How many shots did you hit with each club? Were they hit consecutively, one at a time, or in smaller sequences? Did you drop any shots? If so, what criteria was used to determine what to drop? Were there any additional considerations when calculating your averages?

Not knowing that stuff your launch angle, (or what launch monitor was used - they all have their quirks), but looking at what's in front of me, I'd say this:

Covert looks very good.

JetSpeed and X2 Hot are non-factors. The swing and ball speed isn't there, which suggests either poor performance or a lack of interest on your part. Either way...don't buy.

As for SLDR...again, not knowing sample sizes, if you're missing by 50 yards on average with anything, it's probably not the club. We never see 45 yards between best and worst with anyone.

The human factor is difficult to overcome. Swing speed differences could be due to fatigue. That's a possibility for sure, especially if you were hitting an unnecessarily high number of shots with each - and the other drivers you tested.

I look at your SLDR numbers and the swing speed is a huge red flag (actual size of the flag depends on the launch monitor). My initial though it is overswinging. What were your preconceptions of each club going into this? Which did you think you'd like, or more aptly, which did you want to like? Which were you least interested in? Which did you have the fewest preconceptions or a more general curiosity about?

All of this stuff matters. What we've found in testing is that we generally get the most consistent numbers from clubs where our testers don't have any strong opinions either way. If they like a club (or want to like a club) the tendency is to overswing to cook the books a bit and achieve the desired results. If they don't like a club, we fight a tendency to mail it in (swing and ball speed numbers drop), but when there's ambiguity to their feelings towards a club we get more consistent (not necessarily better) results in general.

All of that said, I love the Covert 2.0 (and good news, Divots, a black one is coming).

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

As always nice analysis from T.

Where are you at with this Westy?  Have you tested again?

I have clearly discovered that I hit my SLDR best at neutral (12 degrees) and one click towards to the fade side.  My swing speed was between 94-96 on the launch monitor at Golfsmith, (that's high end for me) lauch angle was consistently at 15 degrees and spin rate in the lower 2,000s - I was carrying it 225 according to their numbers so I was very happy - It's about what I'm seeing when I'm on the course.  I hit it very straight at that setting.  I'm getting some out there in the 250 range total distance.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My buddy started hitting my Jetspeed during our round to other day and by the end of the round, he actually bought it from me.

So I did what any sane man would do, and I bought another one. Neither of us could get anything going with the SLDR, but we both picked up 10-20 with the Jetspeed.

It's resulting in fewer low iron shots.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

T, very wise words - yep I thought the same with SLDR that I wasn't swinging normal - possibly going after it which rarely leads to good shots!

I did hit each driver consecutively which as we know won't lead to most accurate results. All hit more than 12 shots, except the i25 which I just didn't like standing over even if it is a bit sexy. The best smash factor came from bio cell but it felt like hitting a feather duster. I'm at best feeble these days so hitting any more than that would leave me in bits, I discounted some data which I could see was awful and if I'm honest the lateral misses also suggest my swing was badly off, I hit the ball very straight as a rule.

It's interesting but going back 2 or so years, can't find the thread, but the last launch monitor session I did the VR Pro 2 was the best by a mile for me....it may be that nike drivers work for me....also in that session all drivers had roughly the same clubhead speed.

Gutting as well but my best mate had the Europe nike tour lorry at his course last weekend, 3 hours after I left him. There supporting the Surrey (the county of sunningdale and Wentworth) county amateur team. If only I could have snuck in and 'borrowed' one!

Played twice last week with the old burner, lot of high right pushes - not pretty. So perhaps back to the range, looking to grab an X hot 1 to try alongside covert 2.0 and see how they fair. I do wonder if x hot 1 or even an rbz stage 2 should get a go.

Season kicks off in around 3 weeks here, skiing in the alps next week so money for driver may be short - but I've got the itch so may grab another session and try them in a different order.

This could run for a few weeks yet.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

My buddy started hitting my Jetspeed during our round to other day and by the end of the round, he actually bought it from me.

So I did what any sane man would do, and I bought another one. Neither of us could get anything going with the SLDR, but we both picked up 10-20 with the Jetspeed.

It's resulting in fewer low iron shots.

I'd have told him where he could buy one. You could've had a hotter head or that shaft was the exact right flex for you. The next one you get could be a little different and you end up not liking it.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

T

Didn't answer your questions about preconceptions.

In short I've played TM drivers for years very successfully so I guess I was expecting them to just work, i expected to feel comfortable as well. Strange the SLDR felt weird looking at the loft on the driver as I set up - actually made me a bit twitchy, like the face was wide open.

I have little preconception about Nike really, colour put me off but I'd heard some people saying good things (here mainly) so thought hell why not. I suppose until recently I've thought of them as a show maker, but

I have general misgivings about cobra, had one a few years back and it sounded and felt awful and frankly it just wasn't that good. All show, no go?

I have good memories about callaway, first driver was a Bertha warbird which I adored. I want to like their stuff and have had a few of their clubs in the bag. I was pleasantly surprised by noise and feel of x hot but I suppose I wanted to like it.

What does it say that I never even pick up titleist drivers.....that'll be a preconception!

I think I need another session with SLDR and covert on a monitor and try an get swing speeds as per normal which should be around 93mph.

A question though, if you swing at the same speed would you generate more clubhead speed with a softer shaft? I'm wondering about dropping to a heavier regular, rather than a lighter stiff....

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Don't put yourself in a box when it comes to the new drivers on the market, I am currently bagging a driver that I never though I would even try, and it is the most accurate, and longest driver I have ever played. I hit, SLDR, Big Bertha Alpha, and both went no where, I tried Jetspeed, again no where, Adams, had to swing with everything I had to get it a anywhere, G25, I25, both decent but not really any good, you name it I tried it. So then I said I liked the pro version of the Xhot, but I really didn't hit that really well either. So he handed me the new X2hot, and I hit it long and straight, I did not buy it then, I waited a week, and then the R1 I had I couldn't get it to play, so after a horrible round of golf I took it straight in, and traded for the X2hot pro 8.5, set to N, S. So lofting up,is not for everyone, so make sure you hit everything, and don't let the loft up initiative play games with you.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Don't put yourself in a box when it comes to the new drivers on the market, I am currently bagging a driver that I never though I would even try, and it is the most accurate, and longest driver I have ever played. I hit, SLDR, Big Bertha Alpha, and both went no where, I tried Jetspeed, again no where, Adams, had to swing with everything I had to get it a anywhere, G25, I25, both decent but not really any good, you name it I tried it. So then I said I liked the pro version of the Xhot, but I really didn't hit that really well either. So he handed me the new X2hot, and I hit it long and straight, I did not buy it then, I waited a week, and then the R1 I had I couldn't get it to play, so after a horrible round of golf I took it straight in, and traded for the X2hot pro 8.5, set to N, S. So lofting up,is not for everyone, so make sure you hit everything, and don't let the loft up initiative play games with you.

The "Loft Up" isn't a matter of whether it's for everyone. It is simply a necessity with the low forward cg with SLDR and Jetspeed too I believe. That cg location will make it launch much lower than the other drivers on the market that push the cg back. If you lofted up with the X Hot2, you would launch too high and with too much spin.The whole "Loft Up" campaign doesn't apply to other drivers and was never meant to. They just knew they needed to get that message through to people or they wouldn't have success with SLDR. They also had to overcome egos that don't want to admit they need more loft. That's the reason for the early commercials showing tour players lofting up. The guys used to lower lofts wouldn't feel funny about going up if guys on tour needed to as well. They had a big preconception to overcome.

The "Loft Up" isn't a matter of whether it's for everyone. It is simply a necessity with the low forward cg with SLDR and Jetspeed too I believe. That cg location will make it launch much lower than the other drivers on the market that push the cg back. If you lofted up with the X Hot2, you would launch too high and with too much spin.The whole "Loft Up" campaign doesn't apply to other drivers and was never meant to. They just new they needed to get that message through to people or they wouldn't have success with SLDR. They also had to overcome egos that don't want to admit they need more loft. That's the reason for the early commercials showing tour players lofting up. The guys used to lower lofts wouldn't feel funny about going up if guys on tour needed to as well. They had a big preconception to overcome.

I think they still do.  We've heard this here and read it a godzillion times but I'm still running into lots of friends that have tried the SLDR and couldn't hit it - I'll always ask what loft they tried and they always say, "9 or 10.5", the same as my current driver.  Duh...........

Likewise I've played with mine twice now and the guys who were playing with me were blown away by how far I hit it and how much loft it has.  Can't wait for another group of friends to get here in a couple of weeks.  I should be totally locked in with it by then.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I understand what the loft up initiative is about, I tried all of them, and couldn't hit any them anywhere, they are being pushed as low spin, and high launch, but my spin numbers were completely of the charts with these high loft, low spin drivers, spin rates between 3500-4000 and some even more spin, those are all balloons that went about 230, everyone gets on this bandwagon of lofting up, when it may not work for them, but because it's pushed so much, they buy it anyway thinking they can make adjustments to get it to work, and it won't. It's just like going to an iron fitting, guys have it in their mind that I only want to hit this club or that club, or this brand and that brand, when if they try all the brands, or at least a good portion, they might find that the right club is not the one they thought was the right one, I say hit as many as you can, and don't buy anything until you have a chance to let the numbers sink in, and think about which clubs you thought were better for you.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I understand what the loft up initiative is about, I tried all of them, and couldn't hit any them anywhere, they are being pushed as low spin, and high launch, but my spin numbers were completely of the charts with these high loft, low spin drivers, spin rates between 3500-4000 and some even more spin, those are all balloons that went about 230, everyone gets on this bandwagon of lofting up, when it may not work for them, but because it's pushed so much, they buy it anyway thinking they can make adjustments to get it to work, and it won't. It's just like going to an iron fitting, guys have it in their mind that I only want to hit this club or that club, or this brand and that brand, when if they try all the brands, or at least a good portion, they might find that the right club is not the one they thought was the right one, I say hit as many as you can, and don't buy anything until you have a chance to let the numbers sink in, and think about which clubs you thought were better for you.

Absolutely agree! Only commented because I've seen plenty of people not lofting up.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hoping to get back on a monitor on Sunday....hopefully this time with swing behaving itself.

Have borrowed a friends x hot pro (8.5 degree) to take along as well as my old burner, try covert 2.0 again and SLDR.

I want to like SLDR, I really do! With a 30 day money back guarantee etc. but if the numbers come back favouring nike again, well there we go.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Go way up with it Westy, really. Plus in my chats with rookie over his it seems as if each one of these has a sweet spot setting for everyone. Mine happens to be dead on neutral loft (12) and one click towards fade.

Definitely experiment

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'd have told him where he could buy one. You could've had a hotter head or that shaft was the exact right flex for you. The next one you get could be a little different and you end up not liking it.

I think my new one, eBay, is longer than the other one haha.

It's actually being 20-30 yards longer.

Crappy hits go where my old i20 well hit well.

The Jetspeed is for real in a serious way.

The "Loft Up" isn't a matter of whether it's for everyone. It is simply a necessity with the low forward cg with SLDR and Jetspeed too I believe. That cg location will make it launch much lower than the other drivers on the market that push the cg back. If you lofted up with the X Hot2, you would launch too high and with too much spin.The whole "Loft Up" campaign doesn't apply to other drivers and was never meant to. They just knew they needed to get that message through to people or they wouldn't have success with SLDR. They also had to overcome egos that don't want to admit they need more loft. That's the reason for the early commercials showing tour players lofting up. The guys used to lower lofts wouldn't feel funny about going up if guys on tour needed to as well. They had a big preconception to overcome.

I tried lofting up, but loose distance. I went down to 8 with Jetspeed and made huge distance, ended up setting at 9.5, same as my ping, and that's the sweetspot for me.

I know all y'all are thinking the SLDR is the only one, but for me, and now my partner, the Jetspeed is insane. Plus, it's $100 less, and $200 less on groupon and eBay. For $200, it's the bargain of the decade.

Now if TM Europe read these threads perhaps they could just sort me out a fitting.....

Ah well

Update tomorrow if all goes to plan with launch monitor.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Argh help!

Swing felt good today on the monitor, hit a few shoves but in the main thought I was finding the middle time and time again.

So using a different monitor today, at a shop not a range and I'm sure that allows for some of the differences - but clearly it wasn't cranked up. The poor pro was left a broken man, we lofted up, we lofted down, we played with weights, shafts and had a group hug.

He'd rarely seen someone hit so many close to the middle line, but he'd never seen anyone with my clubhead speed spin the ball like I did today. Even tried extra stiff shafts, nope no difference.

I'm taking the yardages with a slight pinch of salt as I hit some of these pretty damn well, much better than my last session where the balls apparently went further. I used the same ball throughout (nxt tour) the same tee throughout.

So enjoy the picture below.....image.jpg

Key to the drivers used:

1. Callaway x hot pro 8.5

2. Nike covert 2.0 - 9.5

3. Nike covert 2.0 - 8.5

4. Nike covert 2.0 tour - 9.5

5. TM SLDR 9.5

6. TM jetspeed 9.5

7. Callaway alpha 9

8. Callaway big Bertha 9

9. X hot 2 - 9.5

10. X hot 2 pro - 8.5

11. Wilson FG tour - 9.5

All shafts were stiff for the shots in the graphic above.

Note clubhead speed super consistent start to finish.

Haven't shown it on this graphic, but in the main the computer was saying I was squaring the club nicely and the shot shape was v slight draw. Which shouldn't cause this spin - pro was confident it was set right as they've been doing loads of SLDR fittings.

Comedy moment came when we started thinking about de lofting a SLDR! Used impact tape on face and quite a lot were high, but frankly not roofs, they were still what Id normally be happy with - probably only two which were bordering on a spoon.

The x hot pro is a mates club so I'm going to stick that in the bag for a few weeks for now, then revisit this in a while. Frankly I'm sick of the sight of drivers right now!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I'm guessing you have quite a bit of lateral movement with your upper body. I had that problem and didn't realize it. It puts you ahead of the ball and there's no way to get a positive AoA once you're there. It makes for high spin numbers. Once I stayed back with my upper body better and my lead shoulder working more up through impact than around, it was a whole new experience with the driver. Huge difference. The ball carries better and rolls out. I don't slice like I used to. I hit a lot so straight it's hard to see any movement one way or the other. And I can hit nice little draws now which I never used to pull off. Just a couple of small tweaks changed my driving big time. But finding a good shaft/head combo that feels good to me helped tremendously as well. I'm not tentative with it anymore.

Blade, something Weird going on.

I'd have guessed I had a positive angle of attack given the launch angles? Take club 1, x hot pro set at 8.5 - how do I generate a launch that high if I've got a negative AoA? Mind you I'm not in an area I know anything about really!

So all opinions welcome, in good news it's meant I've kept my wallet in my back pocket!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

If you come into impact with an open face and an out to in path, the launch and spin will tend to be very high.

It looks like that is probably the case. The net effect is you may go to ever-lower lofts, but in an effort to get adequate launch and spin, the tendency is to leave the face open. Kind of self-fulfilling. Given the straightness of your shots, you've learned to consistently set up for this swing path. So you probably just have to have another set of eyes take a look at your swing and setup. This is why its great to be fit by someone who knows what they are looking at with the swing and not just LM #'s. I used to have an 8.5 driver and have gone up through the years to a 10.5 head as my mechanics got better and I wasn't so steep into the ball. I think the time to focus on the swing moreso than the driver has arrived.

You might want to try some different shafts in R flex as well. Too stiff can cause a flip from the top and just muddy everything else up and create that over the top move trying to load it. Your SS looks like it may be R flex range. A TRUE R flex in a weight you're comfortable with can make a big difference. I can play X still, but my ballflight and on-course control is easier to come by with a stable stiff flex so I don't cast from the top.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Great insight, divots! I also noticed in the graphic, everything was on the heel.

I have a 104 SS, and I play a regular shaft. There's no shame, brother! Whatever works for you.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Archived