TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Refreshed Beauties

Just wanted to send a shout out to Jim K. and The Iron Factory for some work done. Bought some Titleist 710 heads back in January and decided I wanted to send them for a satin finish and some cleaning up of minor dings. Called up Jim for a quote and sent them out first week of February. Was quoted about 4 weeks, and bam they showed up today. Love the way they look all over. I forgot to take pics of them before the work, but know the PW had a nasty little rash on the center sole area that now looks like near new. I also didn't specify any paint work, as I have Oregon Green/Yellow here to do myself. Props to Jim!

And the pics:

2ui9ou8.jpg

29gid8z.jpg

29vmaky.jpg

2b71pc.jpg

u64c0.jpg

ncytlv.jpg

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

Glad yours came back better than the Nike Splits I sent to him last year.  And glad he hit the turn around time as well.  He missed on quality and time on mine, by a bunch.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Glad yours came back better than the Nike Splits I sent to him last year.  And glad he hit the turn around time as well.  He missed on quality and time on mine, by a bunch.

Rook, I remember you posting that in another thread. Sorry the experience wasn't positive for you. I'm glad I caught TIF at a good time. Metal looks great, and I'll be redoing all the paint myself after they glue up.

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

Just be careful around the beadblasted areas.  If they're like mine, when you use acetone and wipe them, the texture will rub off.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'll probably use non-acetone while painting for any excess. I use a high strength paint remover that doesn't affect finishes for initial paint removal.

Those are good looking heads. I love the finish

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Looks sweet

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Those are good looking heads. I love the finish

Looks sweet

Thank you, sirs!

Those are some sweet looking irons!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Looks like a great job of refinishing......now what are you going to do with them?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Those are some sweet looking irons!

Looks like a great job of refinishing......now what are you going to do with them?

Thanks JPC!

Foz, I've got them waiting at home and already shafted with the C-Taper Lites I received as part of the view process last year. I'm taking them with me for the Texas Open weekend in a couple days. I'll try them out in standard lies and then likely get them bent if need be. If they're for me then they'll be a second set/bag setup, and if not I'll likely try trading the heads for something else.

Put the color ferrules on the new head with the new shafts and finish off with you favorite grip. Those will look sweet and turn heads at the same time :D

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Played them for a round of the MGS Texas Open. Felt really good, if a little light... Might get the SWs checked at a local shop and adjusted. I haven't painted them yet, but I might leave them unfilled. Currently have Pure P2s in black and green.

Those irons felt good. X flex ctaper 90s were smooth. They did feel light but judging by how well you hit them today I wouldn't change a thing. My partner made many pars with them today. When we get our rematch I'll play better!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Those irons felt good. X flex ctaper 90s were smooth. They did feel light but judging by how well you hit them today I wouldn't change a thing. My partner made many pars with them today. When we get our rematch I'll play better!

Giving them another round in the morning before I decide what to do with them. Gonna play a course I like close by.

Giving them another round in the morning before I decide what to do with them. Gonna play a course I like close by.

Alright, played another round with these heads yesterday. I think it was a mistake because A) it was cold, and B) I think my back was golfed out. Even when things warmed up I couldn't get comfortable enough to swing them well. I think I might go to the range where I can devote a large bucket or two to groove them up a bit. I also want to call a shop nearby to see if they'll so a swing weight fitting along with a lie adjustment. It feels like these are all over the place currently. Definitely was hitting everything short yesterday, even when temps got to near 60.

EDIT: just did a raw total weight of the CB/MBs to compare against my V2s, somewhere around 6-7g total weight difference, which I could definitely feel holding each club in my hands.

EDIT2: I'm dumb, C-Taper Lite in X is 5g lighter than Tour S. I still think swing weights are off though.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a swing weight scale? If they're going to charge you an arm and a leg, if you want, I can swingweight them to whatever you want for you if you'll cover shipping. There's a formula where you can figure swingweight from static weight if I can find it.

If I'm a betting man though, the heads lost around 4-5 grams that would need to be accounted for with tip weights.

In The Bag

Archived