Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hybrid- nike vr pro or taylormade rescue 11

Hi , Im a currently 14hc and i want to get an 18 deg. Hybrid and I was debating between those two. I currently play nike vr pro combo irons. I wanted to know who tried them , which one you preferred and why?

Thanks guys!

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Pro w/ Diamana S+ 60g X-Stiff

3 Wood: Fly Z Pro w/Diamana D+ 70g X-Stiff

Irons: Cobra Fly Z Pro w/ KBS Tour X Shaft

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52*- 56* -60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #7

The rescue 11 is a great club, but I have not hit the vr pro.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I had a stock Vr||Pro 18 and 21 degree set.  LOVED the way they performed, even with the stock PX shafts.  Currently have a Covert Tour that I'm trying to fall in love with, haven't decided on it yet.

The Pros were nice hybrids.  I won't knock the Rescue 11 since I never hit one, but it was on my list for a while.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I have been playing a lot of different hybrids for the past few weeks.  Adams Pro Black, Titleist 909H, Hogan CFT and Rescue 11 for this weekends Texas Open.  I hit the Nike VR Pro hybrid a year or so ago.  I find that most hybrids have a big hook inside of them, just waiting for me to get too aggressive.  The instant that I do this it will curl 50 yards to the left. usually into the next county or so.  When you couple my hooking tendencies with a draw bias of many hybrids it gets to be pretty scary, for people living in the surrounding community that is.  The first 4 hybrids I listed do not have that draw bias that most do.

The R11 Rescue has secured a definite place in the bag.  There are still some questionable slots in the bag but the R11 is not only stupid easy to hit, but very long, and yet still accurate.  This head is a bit larger than I generally like in my hybrids, but the performance is such that I got over it pretty quickly.

The Hogan CFT hybrids have been a favorite of mine for almost 10 years now.  The Nike VR Pro reminded me of the Hogan's in their shape and performance.  As a matter of fact the performance was so close to the 10 year old Hogans that I did not buy the much newer Nike.  The Hogans were years ahead of their time, IMO.  If I did not already have the Hogans in 5 different lofts I might have kept the Nike but it lacks the distance and forgiveness of the R11.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanks a lot for you detailed reply RoverRick! I will probably go for the r11 then if its easier to hit.

Should I go with the 65g stiff shaft or the 85g of the tp? My ss with driver is around 105-110mph.

I can buy the nike vr pro for 35 $ like new with the project x 5.5 shaft or the tm rescue 11 with either shaft mentioned above for $55.

Since the nike was 20$ cheaper I was leaning towards it bc if I didn't like the stock shaft I could replace it.

Tks all

I am not a fan of the Project X shaft, other than the PXv.  Personally, I would go with the heavier shaft.  I actually put an adapter on a KBS Steel Hybrid shaft.  I may not hit it quite as far (not measurable) but I feel it is straighter.

As part of my experiment I did use different shafts in the R11.  I had a 55 gram 41 1/2 inch shaft in the R11 and had it set at 16.5*.  I was loving this set up and had just kicked my new 913F completely out of the bag.  Of course now I needed another hybrid, but a couple of weeks ago, I was on the tee box and hit this club and the shaft snapped about 3 inches above the hosel.  I have now gone back to the standard length steel shaft and set to 18*.  I did find that by setting 913F to 16.5*, I lost about 5 yards off the tee but this became much easier to hit off the deck.

I am a bit leery now of having too light a shaft in a hybrid now.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate!

I have hit the VR Pro #3 & #4 for the past year. They both have Project X 5.5 shafts which is a great flight pattern for me.  They are more of an "iron" looking club than other Hybrids that take on a more "fairway" look. I only swap them out for the "fairway" looking hybrids when I know the course will be very wet. I have a set of Callway FTiz's and a set of Powerbilt Air Force One's.

But the Nike's are my first choice.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thank you all!

Archived