jaxbeachpackerfan

.350 versus .335 tip

Since driver shafts are now interchangeable with an adaptor, I was toying with the idea of getting the same shaft for my driver that I have in my tour spoon, since I seem to get a lot more 'performance' out of the latter.  It's the Aldila Voodoo SVS6 shaft.  So EBay has a couple at a very decent price.  But one is a .350 tip and the other is a .335.  So which one would go into a Rocketballz driver?  

Either will fit, yes, but the adapter has to be the correct adapter.  Were it me, I'd go .335 personally, as that seems to be the hosel size for nearly every driver out there and this gives you pullability to move it from club to club.

.350 was made to minimize warranty claims, and that's about it.

Wow, that was quick!  Bid on the shaft Friday morning on EBay, auction ended Fri aft at 2pm, did paypal right away.  Free shipping.  Box arrived today, Monday!  Pretty impressive.  Drove right over to the local club maker's shop to get the adapter put on.  Didn't have the Rocketballz/R11 adapter, but said he had a box of various adapters coming tomorrow, including the Rocketballz.  We'll see.  If not, I suppose I can get one and have it installed at Edwin Watts.  

So I won't be able to try it during tomorrow's round, but really wasn't expecting to anyway.

I may have one or two left in my box out there in the garage if you can't find one. Let me know if not and I'll look and toss one in the mail

I may have one or two left in my box out there in the garage if you can't find one. Let me know if not and I'll look and toss one in the mail

thx!  I'll let you know if I do.