TESTERS WANTED! ×

SlideBelts - Belts Without Holes! (Belt Giveaway Too!)

SPY ZINGER

SlideBelts

Belts Without Holes

A belt without holes? SlideBelts is a company that has been around since 2007.  They are a belt company, but their belts are a little different than most in the marketplace.  They don't have holes.  You know what a “zip-tie” is, right?  That little pice of plastic that's used to secure and fasten wires together?  Well, thats kind of how a SlideBelt works but unlike a zip tie, you don't need a knife or scissors to get it off again.

acc_heavytie_1.jpg

It's unusual in the golf apparel segment that I'll pick something up for the first time, and immediately like the concept or piece.  That's exactly what happened with SlideBelts and I will explain why.  But first, I want to tell you a little about the belt, and what makes it unique: Price, quality, the perfect fit, and customer service.

1391550678.png

SlideBelts arrive in a nice presentation box with the belt coiled around the buckle.  Inside, you'll find a plastic fitting guide demonstrating where you need to cut your belt based on your waist size.  The flip side of the leather strap contains a series of numbers corresponding to the belt measurements.  With a 33” waist, I was instructed to cut the belt at the 36” mark.  After the belt is cut, simply attach the buckle with the crimping clasp.  Done.  Your SlideBelt is secure and ready to go.

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

PRICE

First and foremost, SlideBelts are fairly inexpensive for the quality of product you get in return.  Their belts come in two varieties, leather ($39) and premium full-grain leather ($58).  This pricing includes both the buckle and strap.  Given the quality of the strap and buckle, in my opinion, they are fairly priced for the consumer.  I was having a conversation with Golfspy X the other day.  He mentioned that in apparel, consumers often associate retail price point for quality.  If the piece does not have a premium price, it's not perceived by consumers as premium product.  This is certainly one of the anomalies, it's nicely priced and preimum product.

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

QUALITY

SlideBelts in both the leather and full grain leather are quality belts.  I am not sure where the leather is sourced, but in hand, the quality of construction and finishings are very well done.  The buckle itself has some heft to it, and the mechanics of it's function are flawless.  You'll think to yourself, "This is well made."

SlideBelts contends their competitors are currently using the same buckle system that they designed and used four years ago.  Through innovation, their buckle system has evolved into the present design.  Compared to other systems, SlideBelts does not have a latch or trigger.  The frame of the buckle is the mechanism by which the buckle opens and closes onto the ratchet system.  This current system operates and functions surprisingly well.

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

THE PERFECT FIT

There is not much to say here, other than the belt fits perfect.  It has to because, you have the control to tailor fit the belt just how you want it.  This is often one of the drawbacks to companies with an online storefront.  Without being able to try it on for size, many consumers are apprehensive about making apparel purchases online.  If it isn't obvious, always error on the side of longer when getting the fit just right.  You can always cut more off, but unlike body fat, once it's gone, it's gone.  Fortunately, if you do cut off too much, that's not a problem either, because SlideBelts will swap it out, free of charge.

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

CUSTOMER SERVICE

New companies, or relatively young companies must have exceptional customer service.  The vibe of SlideBelts if fun, hip, and consumer first.  This is apparent in the design of their website and marketing materials.  Shipping of the belts is free, and this includes returns as well as exchanges.  As I mentioned before, if you cut too much leather off during the fitting process, they'll make it right.  You get the feeling SlideBelts will bend over backwards to ensure the consumer experience is a pleasant one.  From an online belt company, there is not much more than you can ask for.

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

SlideBelts has recently partnered with Skinit, a designer and manufacturer of customizable skins for electronic devices.  Skinit's design allows you to apply and remove with ease with no residue.  This will allow SlideBelts to offer professional and college team logo's, as well as potentially golf course logos.  The blue strap featured below has a Skinit film applied to the buckle.

IMG_4250.jpg

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SlideBelts

CONTEST!

SlideBelts is giving away on of their belts to a MyGolfSpy reader.  Simply post in this thread for an entry.  Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the bottom of the front page of their website for coupon codes and future discounts.  Winner selected at random on 3/31/14 by a SPY ZINGER brand ambassador.

Posted Image

That's pretty sick. Love the price. Very Bond, James Bond.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Very cool content - and a pretty sweet looking belt!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'd sport that !

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Love the concept and the belts look great.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I need some decent belts...these look the goods!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice concept, nice belt.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I will definitely be checking this out.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Love the look of the Tartan Gunmetal buckle too.  I need another belt.  Wonder if the wife would put one of these in my closet for me....

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Great Review Spy Z,

As for the no hole belts, I got used to a web belt during my Navy years.....so I could see a SlideBelt in my future.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Very cool. Nice looking belt.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Love the look and the price seems in line with in-store belts, maybe better if the quality is as good as you say.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ya...those are cool :-))

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Wonder if they have one with dimples?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

Few questions Zinger:

1. Who has this patent?  I notice quite a few companies have similar tech.  No different than other industries, and even this exact industry.  I mean people have started thousands of belt companies copying the hole technology.  But curious because it leads me to my second question.

2. What do they plan to do to differentiate themselves from the competitors with the exact same tech and design styles?  Seeing as this was the differentiator and now it is no longer.

3. What research was possibly done to show that people actually even wanted an easier way to put on a belt.  I have a couple of them and while they are nice, it doesn't save any time compared to conventional methods.

#TruthDigest

Can't speak for Zinger, but what interests me here is that I find that I want more options than the holes allow in terms of sizing, because my belts are there not as decoration but to hold my pants up, because A.  I've lost a lot of weight and clothes fit funky and B. I'm not done yet, so I'm not buying new pants yet! :D

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Pretty cool concept, I like the idea of not having to add extra holes.  My only concern is how the end looks after I cut it.  I'd be pretty upset if I payed for the belt and screwed it up my cutting like a 3 year old.  

Either way, I'm bookmarking the site for the next time I decide to buy a belt.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Thanks for the feedback guys. Mud, you stick in cut end into the buckle so it's not visible.

X,

Sent your questions to SlideBelts and they had this to say. Oh, and you've got some belts coming your way.

1. We currently have a patent pending on our buckle system. Our buckle locks/unlocks with the frame of the buckle as opposed to a trigger or latch. We are patent pending on our buckle (the frame) and we have even applied for a patent on the teeth on the back of the leather, but whether that is patentable I don't know as that system has been around for some time now, but I do know that nobody else out there has the same lock/unlock system that we use as all of our competitors use the trigger/latch system. I believe that our system without the trigger is much better, easier and better looking and because of the frame on our buckle it allows us to apply custom skins to the face of the buckle and have them look much better than if there was no frame to frame the skin. It would be easy to see the edges and for the edges to get caught and peeled up if no frame was there, but with a frame that does not happen.

2. We have a wider assortment of colors than our competitors and we are able to allow customers to customize their buckles and leathers by picking a certain leather and combining it with a certain buckle. We also have skins that we have designed with Skinit to further customize and personalize the buckle and we are in the works with Skinit to be able to design an on-line customizer where you can go on and create your own design or even upload a photo or design and have that on your belt buckle. However, in the end, I think what differentiates us from the others is the ease of use with our buckle. It really is an easier and better system than the others. We also have some things in the works with respect to coming out with different styles of leathers, different colors and even nylon versions that look fantastic.

3. I don't know that much research has been done to determine if people want a belt without holes or want a quicker way to put on/take off a belt. However, I do know that many of our customers wear nothing but a SlideBelt and don't even own traditional belts with holes anymore. I don't believe that it's a question of saving time, but rather a something that is easier and can literally be done with one hand. You also don't have the common problem of holes being worn down and looking tattered and torn or the problem of being between holes as one's weight goes up and down. Also, you can have one buckle, with a few different color leathers as all of our buckles are interchangeable with all of the leathers.

Posted Image

Nice write up Zinger, I wouldnt mind adding to the list of questions you got answered, I'm really interested in grabbing one of these belts at some stage because I'm really not a big fan of belt holes and having them wear. Do the slide belts have any protection against water and/or snow? would love to try and have a couple I can customise for when I go snowboarding as I have trouble with traditional belts in this regard. Over all, really love the concept

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Well, I ordered two (black and brown) yesterday...we'll see how they go.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Pretty cool concept, I like the idea of not having to add extra holes. My only concern is how the end looks after I cut it. I'd be pretty upset if I payed for the belt and screwed it up my cutting like a 3 year old.

Either way, I'm bookmarking the site for the next time I decide to buy a belt.

You cut the end that goes in the buckle. Just a square cut and it isn't visible when the buckle is clamped back on. Nothing to really mess up unless you cut it too short.

You cut the end that goes in the buckle. Just a square cut and it isn't visible when the buckle is clamped back on. Nothing to really mess up unless you cut it too short.

Correct, and even if you do they'll send a replacement.

Salmon, I'll check!

Posted Image

Salmon: The answer is that right now we don't, but we are working with a specialty company who is going to manufacture for us water proof belts that work with our buckle just like the leather does now. They will come in a ton of colors and we should have something in place within the next 3-6 months.

Posted Image

I love this style of belt, I've been wearing this style (no holes) for a while, I might have to look in to this slide belt, because all you can really find in this style is the web belt, but I like the look of the leather vs. The web style.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived