SlideBelts - Belts Without Holes! (Belt Giveaway Too!)

SPY ZINGER

SlideBelts

Belts Without Holes

A belt without holes? SlideBelts is a company that has been around since 2007.  They are a belt company, but their belts are a little different than most in the marketplace.  They don't have holes.  You know what a “zip-tie” is, right?  That little pice of plastic that's used to secure and fasten wires together?  Well, thats kind of how a SlideBelt works but unlike a zip tie, you don't need a knife or scissors to get it off again.

acc_heavytie_1.jpg

It's unusual in the golf apparel segment that I'll pick something up for the first time, and immediately like the concept or piece.  That's exactly what happened with SlideBelts and I will explain why.  But first, I want to tell you a little about the belt, and what makes it unique: Price, quality, the perfect fit, and customer service.

1391550678.png

SlideBelts arrive in a nice presentation box with the belt coiled around the buckle.  Inside, you'll find a plastic fitting guide demonstrating where you need to cut your belt based on your waist size.  The flip side of the leather strap contains a series of numbers corresponding to the belt measurements.  With a 33” waist, I was instructed to cut the belt at the 36” mark.  After the belt is cut, simply attach the buckle with the crimping clasp.  Done.  Your SlideBelt is secure and ready to go.

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

PRICE

First and foremost, SlideBelts are fairly inexpensive for the quality of product you get in return.  Their belts come in two varieties, leather ($39) and premium full-grain leather ($58).  This pricing includes both the buckle and strap.  Given the quality of the strap and buckle, in my opinion, they are fairly priced for the consumer.  I was having a conversation with Golfspy X the other day.  He mentioned that in apparel, consumers often associate retail price point for quality.  If the piece does not have a premium price, it's not perceived by consumers as premium product.  This is certainly one of the anomalies, it's nicely priced and preimum product.

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

QUALITY

SlideBelts in both the leather and full grain leather are quality belts.  I am not sure where the leather is sourced, but in hand, the quality of construction and finishings are very well done.  The buckle itself has some heft to it, and the mechanics of it's function are flawless.  You'll think to yourself, "This is well made."

SlideBelts contends their competitors are currently using the same buckle system that they designed and used four years ago.  Through innovation, their buckle system has evolved into the present design.  Compared to other systems, SlideBelts does not have a latch or trigger.  The frame of the buckle is the mechanism by which the buckle opens and closes onto the ratchet system.  This current system operates and functions surprisingly well.

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

THE PERFECT FIT

There is not much to say here, other than the belt fits perfect.  It has to because, you have the control to tailor fit the belt just how you want it.  This is often one of the drawbacks to companies with an online storefront.  Without being able to try it on for size, many consumers are apprehensive about making apparel purchases online.  If it isn't obvious, always error on the side of longer when getting the fit just right.  You can always cut more off, but unlike body fat, once it's gone, it's gone.  Fortunately, if you do cut off too much, that's not a problem either, because SlideBelts will swap it out, free of charge.

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

CUSTOMER SERVICE

New companies, or relatively young companies must have exceptional customer service.  The vibe of SlideBelts if fun, hip, and consumer first.  This is apparent in the design of their website and marketing materials.  Shipping of the belts is free, and this includes returns as well as exchanges.  As I mentioned before, if you cut too much leather off during the fitting process, they'll make it right.  You get the feeling SlideBelts will bend over backwards to ensure the consumer experience is a pleasant one.  From an online belt company, there is not much more than you can ask for.

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

SlideBelts has recently partnered with Skinit, a designer and manufacturer of customizable skins for electronic devices.  Skinit's design allows you to apply and remove with ease with no residue.  This will allow SlideBelts to offer professional and college team logo's, as well as potentially golf course logos.  The blue strap featured below has a Skinit film applied to the buckle.

IMG_4250.jpg

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SlideBelts

CONTEST!

SlideBelts is giving away on of their belts to a MyGolfSpy reader.  Simply post in this thread for an entry.  Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the bottom of the front page of their website for coupon codes and future discounts.  Winner selected at random on 3/31/14 by a SPY ZINGER brand ambassador.

Posted Image

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty sick. Love the price. Very Bond, James Bond.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Very cool content - and a pretty sweet looking belt!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'd sport that !

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Love the concept and the belts look great.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Those are great. I have a couple of the other style with the trigger. Love the adjustability and clean look. I like this buckle design better I think. Nice write up Zinger.

I need some decent belts...these look the goods!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice concept, nice belt.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I will definitely be checking this out.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Love the look of the Tartan Gunmetal buckle too.  I need another belt.  Wonder if the wife would put one of these in my closet for me....

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 18.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Hogan GS53 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W Hogan GS52 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 4I-AW @ Hogan Ft Worth
* 56 @ Cleveland RTX
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Snell MTB-X

Great Review Spy Z,

As for the no hole belts, I got used to a web belt during my Navy years.....so I could see a SlideBelt in my future.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Very cool. Nice looking belt.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Love the look and the price seems in line with in-store belts, maybe better if the quality is as good as you say.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ya...those are cool :-))

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.0 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, March 2021
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B XS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Wonder if they have one with dimples?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour